Tunnel Walk of Shame Speaks Out

Landlord

I agree with pretty much everything he said, especially the game experience. I've only been to a half-dozen or so in the last 10 years, but the whole experience is played out. I don't like the tunnel walk at all, doesn't give me chills as it once did.

With all that said, to reinvent ourselves I still think Bo needs to go. A fresh start there would help too.

It is a very well written piece. Oregon is indeed a prime example of what marketing will do. They have zero national championships, their defense is not among the elite. Yet they've done well enough that Scott Frost's name pops up as much as Nick Saban's on here.

They've done well enough that they are in a dang BCS title game every year in a top 3 conference....

I would give my left nut to see NEB competing like that again........

pyrotecnics don't win games

songs between quarters don't win games

cool uniforms don't win games

an awesome website doesn't win games

a rowdy tunnel walk doesn't win games

runza commercials on 4 screens during a timeout on 4th & 1 don't win games

you know what wins games? great players being coached to get the most out of their great ability.

how do you get some great players?

by having a cool website

by making the gameday atmosphere rowdy and fun

updating and keeping things fresh and with good energy

Bo has had some good players and many of those players are making millions in the NFL. He knows what to do with talent and how to get the ability out of his players.

but i agree, our "atmosphere" is pretty lame. I have a friend going to the NW game this weekend and he is a big chiefs fan, goes to games there all the time. I'm kinda apprehensive of what he's gonna think of 90k+ sitting on their hands.

We need some freshness in and around campus and the program. We need to be more dangerous, more risk taking. Just like on the field, it spills over. Why so serious???

It is a very well written piece. Oregon is indeed a prime example of what marketing will do. They have zero national championships, their defense is not among the elite. Yet they've done well enough that Scott Frost's name pops up as much as Nick Saban's on here.

They've done well enough that they are in a dang BCS title game every year in a top 3 conference....

I would give my left nut to see NEB competing like that again........

Oregon has done well in their conference. Recently. They played in the BCS title game once recently and did not win it. Oregon is a good program with not much history that has used their marketing dollars very well. I applaud them. I'm still a Husker.

We need to be more dangerous, more risk taking.

Next thing you know you'll be claiming Scott Frost should be our next coach! When does it end man?!

it should start with a simple thing like someone designing a badass mascot of the Blackshirt logo and bring it to life. get rid of lil red (whom i actually like for some reason), and personify in an intimidating awesome way.

it could start with recording something really loud like a tornado siren or a combine engine or something and blast it super f'ing loud on certain/important 3rd downs late in the game to signal fan interaction.

it could start with giving students a better position in the stadium for maximum effect. even if it means less tickets. find a place for them that they'll have an impact. (like south western part of stadium above the opponents tunnel, next to their bench)

it could start with a recognition of the nationwide fan base of Huskers spread throughout the nation. Go to colorado, AZ, GA, TN, etc and film watch sites packed with people, show it on game day with a f'ing aweome/intimidating video so recruits know we are everywhere.

basically, TWOS has it right--there are hundreds of things we could do in a really awesome, updated, cool way that would attract TOP TALENT to our program.

• Fire 3

pyrotecnics don't win games

songs between quarters don't win games

cool uniforms don't win games

an awesome website doesn't win games

a rowdy tunnel walk doesn't win games

runza commercials on 4 screens during a timeout on 4th & 1 don't win games

you know what wins games? great players being coached to get the most out of their great ability.

how do you get some great players?

by having a cool website

by making the gameday atmosphere rowdy and fun

updating and keeping things fresh and with good energy

Bo has had some good players and many of those players are making millions in the NFL. He knows what to do with talent and how to get the ability out of his players.

but i agree, our "atmosphere" is pretty lame. I have a friend going to the NW game this weekend and he is a big chiefs fan, goes to games there all the time. I'm kinda apprehensive of what he's gonna think of 90k+ sitting on their hands.

We need some freshness in and around campus and the program. We need to be more dangerous, more risk taking. Just like on the field, it spills over. Why so serious???

I am I......I don't really mind your posts.....

But aren't you contradicting yourself there a bit with what you posted above in your response?.......

NEB needs to invest money in other avenues of the program and take a hard look at how to bring top-notch recruits to NEB. There are many ways to go about doing it......some not legal, and other ways that take a bit of investing time and money.