Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

Ok. I appreciate you doing some explaining about what you like. Those are nice and all. But from my perspective, when Saban screwed the Dolphins as a loser and jetted to the Tide, he took a non-known secondary coach with him. That was KS. Just because they have had success at Bama, some luck, and some favorable rankings when they lose, he really has done nothing but ride the coat tails of a winning team. Okay that might be exaggerated. He's been good. He's been alright. No more, no less. And he is among the highest paid coordinators in the history of college football because of the winning Even A&M scored 40+ on them. On Kirby Smart's defense. So I do not think he is as deserving. D-coordinators are not that valuable as head coaches. They can lose games more than finding ways to win them. And he knows nothing about Nebraska. If he's lucky he might find it on the map. With a dart. And take a bunch of money in the process because of the name Alabama. Fedora? Good for him. North Carolina and Southern Miss suck. I'd keep Pelini over both. For life. But if I want to take a popular risk on becoming a better team/program, I'd do what is necessary and take a kid from Nebraska, that won a championship playing with the Huskers, that has been coaching for over 15 years, currently the OC at Oregon... let me repeat: OREGON....and has even said he loves Nebraska........Kirby and Fedora have never said that. Probably ever. Shoot, just look at post #41 and post#38 of the vid....You mean THAT GUY would love to be the coach of the Huskers? Oh hell yeah! That's a dude that I would take. Outside of it, I'd prolly just stick with Pelini.

tumblr_lzi54pmRXC1rn95k2o1_500.gif

• Fire 1

Charlie Strong at Louisville. If you can win at that school you can win in most places. I would also say that lets see what he does after Bridgewater is gone as well.

The thing I can't wrap my thoughts around is how many speedy backs and receivers want to come to the midwest and play in a speedoption/spread format like Oregon's or Baylors? Fact is anyone can run that style, but to be effective you have got to have burners at Wideout and effective runners in the backfield. Recently, how many 4.3 or sub 4.4 speed guys have come to Nebraska at Wideout? The Texas schools get them to stay in state, but not many leave there for this region. All the further north they go is to OU/oKie St way.

I have said this now a few times, but seriously we need to build a team to compete with Michigan and Ohio St first and then worry about nationally. Find that coach who can win in the Big Ten. Maybe Tressel is that guy, but I don't know if he can recruit. Does anyone no for sure if this guy can recruit other than Ohio players? Don't forget he was at Akron for years winning in 1AA before.

Thats my only hang up on him, otherwise, Yes he knows that layout and can outcoach most in the Big Ten currently, other than Urban. Lets not all annoit Urban as an all time legend yet either. He has fell into some really good luck with who has played QB for him. Tebow and now Miller, and before he had Alex Smith at Utah. We all know that Tommie Frazier likes don't grow on tree's every year. Post Tebow Urban bailed on Florida. Will he do the same at Ohio St when Braxton is done?

Just imagine if Pederson would have kept Bo on as Def CO under Callahan.....Callahan's offense could score points on most anyone, they couldn't defend at all. Callahan recruited talented players on both sides of the ball. Since his players have all now be replaced by Bo recruits, Bo's D has suffered greatly.

Last thing for now.....who ever gets the next chance to be the Head man needs to bring back the "family" once again. Former coaches and great players who now are shunned from program because they might have an opinion and our current staff can't handle that. Thats where the rebuild must start with first. Embrace the history and tradition, don't block it behind a wall of insecurity!!!!

My sources inside the program have told me Osborne and Eichorst have already had multiple phone calls with Frost.

Not saying I believe you, but isn't TO done supervising Eichorst? I thought that was a six month deal. Also, not sure if you're just joking about the aquarium guy.

Let's just say there's mutual interest.

So Eichorst and TO (who stepped down in July completely) has made the decision to fire Bo before the season has finished. Okay. They also have both been on and off the phone with at least one potential candidate. They then let this very private information about the status of our current head coach and a certain candidate leak to more people?

• Fire 1

My sources inside the program have told me Osborne and Eichorst have already had multiple phone calls with Frost.

Not saying I believe you, but isn't TO done supervising Eichorst? I thought that was a six month deal. Also, not sure if you're just joking about the aquarium guy.

Let's just say there's mutual interest.

Soooo, what pH level does Eichorst keep his saltwater aquarium at these days?

• Fire 1

Damn this feels a lot like the end of the Callahan days. Sad times.

It really does. The sad thing is, I really like Bo. I still root for him, I just don't think he knows what he is doing in some aspects of his job. I never liked Callahan.

I totally agree. I actually want Pelini to be here long-term, but his staff decisions have been . . . well . . . questionable. And you have to think your credibility only lasts so long. How many times can you have staff turnover due to lack of performance and maintain a position of leadership? I suppose it depends on the person (and the team), but our particular situation is starting to feel toxic. We'll see how the season plays out but I'm not hopeful.

• Fire 2

UNC has been hurt by scandal and sanctions, but Fedora and his staff have been a train wreck at times this year. They gave the Miami game away with one of the biggest coaching blunders I've ever seen. Their game management has been laughable. In one of their games this year they ran a play on defense with ten players. Apparently that wasn't good enough, so they ran another with nine! In a later game they had another defensive snap with ten players. ECU dropped 56 points on them at home. I know a lot of UNC fans. Their general opinion thus far is that he's been heavy on style and light on substance.