Northwestern: Biggest Game in Bo's Career ?

Comish

For his future at Nebraska it's What's Important Now! I hate that it's come to this, but I think for the masses that's the case. He's already had his bailout this season from TO. You only get one of those a year. He has to win out and the young D must improve for him to stay I think. The Offense has already shown improvement. I don't agree with that, but I feel like that's the only hope for Coach..

Unfortunately, this game is a no-win situation for Bo and the team in general.

Lose = major problems; fear that we don't win another game for the rest of the season; Pelini's seat is white-hot

Win = It's Northwestern. They are 0-4 and we should beat them no matter what.

This season will be defined based on how well we do @ Michigan and against Michigan State in the next two weeks. Should Michigan beat Michigan this week, a loss against Northwestern wouldn't mean anything as far as the race to Indy is concerned.

Ugh!

We fans want to win the game!

The players want to win the game!

Bo and coaches want to win the game!

We win the game; and the kool-aid bth_koolaidman2.jpg glass gets passed back and forth and we buy in. I will be there to drink my share just like I have been doing but I will know in my heart that one game can't fix the issues that we have all seen throughout the numerous seasons but none the less, they are my Huskers ~ Then at a game to be named later, reality will slap my face again and I will once again realize that the book I have been reading is missing pages and all that is left is to do is let the final chapter be written!

Unfortunately, this game is a no-win situation for Bo and the team in general.

Lose = major problems; fear that we don't win another game for the rest of the season; Pelini's seat is white-hot

Win = It's Northwestern. They are 0-4 and we should beat them no matter what.

This season will be defined based on how well we do @ Michigan and against Michigan State in the next two weeks. Should Michigan beat Michigan this week, a loss against Northwestern wouldn't mean anything as far as the race to Indy is concerned.

Win = still a win in our division which is still very winnable. It'll take some work, but I think the team can do it.

This week Bo told his coaching staff to have their resumes ready.

Should be an interesting game Saturday.

While some would like to see Nebraska just go ahead and lose in order to get the whole Bo chapter over with, I would love to see this team come out on fire. If they want Bo, they need to win for Bo. They need to play like they haven't been playing. Then they need to do the exact same thing the next week.

It's possible. Maybe more than possible. There's a lot of talent on this team. And the Big 10 shouldn't strike fear into anyone.

Worst case scenario? A hard fought loss against a talented Northwestern team also fighting for its life.

Or maybe a lifeless turnover plagued win against a Northwestern team that has given up.

That would just prolong the misery.

I don't understand the thinking that a win against NW is meaningless and its a lose-lose situation this week. This game was never "a game we're supposed to win", it was a toss up game going all the way back to before the season. It would obviously be huge for the team's confidence. And probably most importantly, it actually makes the next two games mean something.

Ugh!

We win the game; and the kool-aid bth_koolaidman2.jpg glass gets passed back and forth and we buy in. I will be there to drink my share just like I have been doing but I will know in my heart that one game can't fix the issues that we have all seen throughout the numerous seasons but none the less, they are my Huskers ~ Then at a game to be named later, reality will slap my face again and I will once again realize that the book I have been reading is missing pages and all that is left is to do is let the final chapter be written!

Yea, I'm with you. I got this angel/devil sitting on my shoulders waging war in my mind. Oh so much I want NU to win but in winning does it prolong the long term agony knowing (the feeling in the gut type of knowing) that Bo will never get us over the top and we will be more of the middle of the pack, average, type of team forever.

127355534.jpg

I don't understand the thinking that a win against NW is meaningless and its a lose-lose situation this week. This game was never "a game we're supposed to win", it was a toss up game going all the way back to before the season. It would obviously be huge for the team's confidence. And probably most importantly, it actually makes the next two games mean something.

Things change. I don't think anyone expected Northwestern to lose a half dozen starters to injury and drop their first 4 conference games. Just because we thought it was going to be a tough game back in July, doesn't mean it should be a tough game by the time November rolls around. The only thing making this game a nail-biter is the complete disaster that is the Huskers.

• Fire 1

This week Bo told his coaching staff to have their resumes ready.

Should be an interesting game Saturday.

While some would like to see Nebraska just go ahead and lose in order to get the whole Bo chapter over with, I would love to see this team come out on fire. If they want Bo, they need to win for Bo. They need to play like they haven't been playing. Then they need to do the exact same thing the next week.

It's possible. Maybe more than possible. There's a lot of talent on this team. And the Big 10 shouldn't strike fear into anyone.

Worst case scenario? A hard fought loss against a talented Northwestern team also fighting for its life.

Or maybe a lifeless turnover plagued win against a Northwestern team that has given up.

That would just prolong the misery.

Source?

Not that I'm disagreeing. It's not something that can be out of the norm, and is probably standard procedure in times like this. But just curious if youre hearing this from someone who saw it happen or if youre just speculating something that in reality, most likely has happened.

Ugh!

Yep, I have the shoulder angel and shoulder devil arguing in my head. I so much want NU to win but will it only prolong the gut feeling knowledge that this is as good as it gets under Bo and this is NU football - not relevant on the national scene and void of hardware - ranking in the 30-50 range. Sometimes

'average' is harder to take than 'bad' - Yes, most schools would like those 9 win seasons and would not call that average - but I don't equate 9 wins with excellence anymore. Kind of hard to do so when you consider who we beat and who we've lost to and sometimes how badly we have lost those games. At least wt bad - you know of the BC years -2007 - you knew it would be over with soon.