Questions for Michigan

Redux

Saw Clay Matthews do it to Colin Kaepernick this year in the NFL. When Clay Matthews takes a complete bull rush and smashes your star QB the 49ers went completely away from it for a long time that game. I gaurantee that the GM was on the phone with the OC screaming at him that he better keep his star QB in one piece. A free shot from Avery Moss or Randy Gregory may be enough to get Borges from calling it again.

You guys seriously thought Miami was for real?

I don't know, I sure didn't.

I think it was a combination of Miami not being as good as their record showed, but also FSU being a very good football team. There is something in the water down their in Florida. It seems every single player they have runs a 10 flat 100 meters.

Seems like if the zone read is that trivially easy to stop, everyone in the nation would be doing it.

There isn't a team in the nation that doesn't have issues with it and it isn't just an NU thing. The keys to beating Michigan start and end with VV and Curry. Those guys have to play strong and big.

VV you need to play the best game of your season big fella!!!!!!!!

My questions for Michigan are:

1) Does Nebraska build around the Hail Mary and do we see an increase in team chemistry on both sides of the ball? Does this become a rallying point for the team?

2) Did the defense really play that much better in the second half, or was Northwestern just too beaten down with injuries at that point?

3) Are the freshman prepared for an atmosphere like the Big House? Cus that place is gonna be rockin

4) Does VV get the start like he should?

1) Does Nebraska build around the Hail Mary and do we see an increase in team chemistry on both sides of the ball? Does this become a rallying point for the team?

2) Did the defense really play that much better in the second half, or was Northwestern just too beaten down with injuries at that point?

3) Are the freshman prepared for an atmosphere like the Big House? Cus that place is gonna be rockin

My predictions (which are worthless)

1) Yes, I foresee a fired-up team that wants to make a statement that they are not to be taken lightly.

2) A little of both. It wasn't just that Northwestern was hurt, although it was a part of it. The technique, the attitude, the angles, everything looked much better.

3) Honestly, I doubt it. They will start off a little shaky, but hopefully they can find their footing.

mobile QB = Huskers loss

Wouldn't be so sure. We just won yesterday with a mobile QB playing ~ half the time.

FSU is just that good. Nobody could've predicted FSU blowing out a legitimate Cane team.

Michigan is 96th in the nation is pass defense.

Free RKIII.

Legitimate? Miami is about as legitimate as Nebraska. Miami's most impressive win from a record standpoint is Georgia Tech. They beat Florida, but Florida is awful. Then they looked like crap the next two weeks, needing last ditch efforts to beat North Carolina (3-5) and Wake Forest (4-5).

I think you would've been foolish if you didn't predict Florida State to blow out Miami.

I think the defense DID play that much better. We were seeing guys get into the backfield and get to the QB. There weren't many if any broken tackles in the 2nd half. We got the momentum on that side of the ball and we kept it going.

Is it going to be rockin? Seems like most in Michigan think this season is a wash now that they lost to Michigan State. I would be very surprised if it is hostile.

You would think so. I don't care if he doesn't practice well; the kid plays like a champ on Saturday, and that is really all that should matter.

First, how the f is Miami FSU the ESPN "game"of the week? There was more drama in Lincoln yesterday than the weekly Orange County Housewife reunion. Anyways.... Can't disagree with that selection. Yes, our game ended up having more drama but who woulda thunk it before.

Can we keep the momentum churning after that epic finish? Hopefully.

Can Armstrong get past the nightmare image of throwing a pick with 2:30 left in the game? Something tells me he can and will. Might be a little tougher with out the miracle finish.

Can Michigan regroup after the Spartan thrashing or will they be more fired up than ever? Unfortunately, I think they'll come out pissed and ready to play.

Can Tim Beck stick to the run and not force turnovers in the Big House? He can, the real question is WILL he. Nothing in recent history suggests he will.

Will we continue pressuring QBs or will we go conservative on the road? Once again- hopefully. Maybe paps & Bo recognized the benefits of QB pressure. Only the NW game indicates they might continue this.

This could be a huge game for us. Some may not think we stand a.chance but the Wolverines just got trounced, morale must be low. Granted we had some injuries and questionable play calling/line play, but we BETTER be riding high after that epic moment. Live long and prosper RK3. We should be riding high. IMO, most of what we have been missing is some confidence and belief that effort pays off. I hope they take that with them to the Big House. They'll need it. We can't count on Michigan giving up at home. 16-0 would indicate that they don't do that.