0-13

Saunders

You should have titled this thread "Not to crap on everyone's day, but..."

Yes, NU has played a bad schedule so far. NU is a very average team, but the rest of the schedule is average too. Michigan and Brady Hoke might be the most overrate program the past 3 years. Michigan State has a great D, but their offense is still not good. I am not promising 2 NU wins, but NU has a decent chance.

Yes, NU has played a bad schedule so far. NU is a very average team, but the rest of the schedule is average too. Michigan and Brady Hoke might be the most overrate program the past 3 years. Michigan State has a great D, but their offense is still not good. I am not promising 2 NU wins, but NU has a decent chance.

Most would label me a sunshine kinda of guy, but I'm just not seeing it. We got stupid lucky against a bad NW team, and we don't have a QB that would start for a top 25 team.

lol after one game against an 0-5 conf record NW, and all of a sudden people have hope that we can run the table. The KoolAid is strong here. Nothing has changed from last week to this week, except a few more players got hurt - we are still going to be lucky to win more than 7 games this season. I am all for rooting on the team no matter what I think the outcome will be, I just think a few people here are setting themselves up for several big letdowns over the next few weeks.

• Fire 1

Most would label me a sunshine kinda of guy, but I'm just not seeing it. We got stupid lucky against a bad NW team, and we don't have a QB that would start for a top 25 team.

I'm generally positive, too, and I have huge concerns about NU's offense, but I am not going to just spew out negative facts, just for the sake of doing so. I just like cheering for the kids, having fun during the games, and hopefully watching a win.

lol after one game against an 0-5 conf record NW, and all of a sudden people have hope that we can run the table. The KoolAid is strong here. Nothing has changed from last week to this week, except a few more players got hurt - we are still going to be lucky to win more than 7 games this season. I am all for rooting on the team no matter what I think the outcome will be, I just think a few people here are setting themselves up for several big letdowns over the next few weeks.

Nothing will surprise me the rest of the way. I could see NU winning all the rest of the games, just as easily as NU losing all the rest of the games. It would be disappointing to have NU go 6-6 this year, but I am not going to let it change my support for the team.

When Pelini has his back against the wall, his teams play better. IF and a BIG IF....they can come out with a W against Michigan... I would consider that as the biggest morale boost of the year. An actual signature win for Pelini IMO, regardless of how well/not well Michigan is playing.

Again, Hoke is 19-0 at home, I would consider this a damn good win especially considering our current situation. It is a little bit of a long shot I would agree, but WE still control our season this year. Until we lose one I will keep the faith.

Might as well just forfeit and not play the game guys. It's already been decided, we are going to lose out.

Blasphemy, even before the NW win I still thought we could win out as all the teams on the schedule are very mediocre(Even MSU, great defense, not so much of an offense). Our defense finally showed some life signs against a team with a heartbeat and should give fans hope that they may have turned the corner.

I don't know about you people, but I'm still going to be positive and beleive that these kids can do it.

• Fire 1

I'm generally positive, too, and I have huge concerns about NU's offense, but I am not going to just spew out negative facts, just for the sake of doing so. I just like cheering for the kids, having fun during the games, and hopefully watching a win.

Those are my thoughts.

As I keep saying, we're obviously not without our faults but pretty much every team we play has at least as many.

This week it's Michigan:

- Beat 3-7 Akron .... by four points ... at home. Akron's three wins are over a decent-but-not-great FCS team, an 0-8 MAC team and a 2-8 MAC team. Louisiana-Layfette, Bowling Green and Ball State all beat Akron by more points than Michigan and the Fighting Frankies absolutely rolled them.

- Beat 0-7 UConn ... by three points. UConn is 117th in rushing yards, 119th in points scored and 107th in points allowed. That is the closest game UConn has played all year. They lost to Buffalo by 29 points.

- Michigan is #101 in turnovers lost

- They are #102 in interceptions thrown

None of that means it will be an easy win for us. It won't. But they have plenty of their own problems.