Do we really want to play in the CCG?

Hayseed

eyegor.gif

Love it walks..

This thread started pissing me off, but it got me to wondering.

Are we glad we played in our last MNC game?

Most people felt we didn't deserve to be there..Miami toyed with us...But going into that game, I thought we had the best chance of anyone to beat them on a neutral site..

I find it interesting how so many appropriate NU football to themselves... saying "we" want to play for the CCG and "I" want to play the best and be the best --- as if any one of us who posts here are on the team. Many seem to get a subset of their identity from the team so much so as to see themselves as part of the team. That, in and of itself, is telling.

It is rational and reasonable to look at the team you root for and recognize that they are not yet ready for a stage like OSU in the CCG. NU is simply not yet playing anywhere near the level where they would be competitive and such a game would not end well (but NU could, theoretically, find themselves there anyway). If the better good of the team and the program is in view --- especially long term --- then backing into a CCG because no one else in the Legends division has risen to the top... and getting stomped on a national stage may not help recruiting or team psyche (or in any way). To quietly get better (and not play the CCG) and earn a bowl game and play hopefully some one comparable to NU --- that could be better for the program overall.

As posted earlier, it is likely a moot point as I'd think MSU is far more likely to win out than is NU. In any event, there is nothing wrong with a fan of NU thinking that a CCG is premature for this squad and is better suited for perhaps next year (or, at least, we would hope NU is better then and at that point ready). NU is not yet ready for such a stage.

I find it interesting how so many appropriate NU football to themselves... saying "we" want to play for the CCG and "I" want to play the best and be the best --- as if any one of us who posts here are on the team. Many seem to get a subset of their identity from the team so much so as to see themselves as part of the team. That, in and of itself, is telling.

It is rational and reasonable to look at the team you root for and recognize that they are not yet ready for a stage like OSU in the CCG. NU is simply not yet playing anywhere near the level where they would be competitive and such a game would not end well (but NU could, theoretically, find themselves there anyway). If the better good of the team and the program is in view --- especially long term --- then backing into a CCG because no one else in the Legends division has risen to the top... and getting stomped on a national stage may not help recruiting or team psyche (or in any way). To quietly get better (and not play the CCG) and earn a bowl game and play hopefully some one comparable to NU --- that could be better for the program overall.

As posted earlier, it is likely a moot point as I'd think MSU is far more likely to win out than is NU. In any event, there is nothing wrong with a fan of NU thinking that a CCG is premature for this squad and is better suited for perhaps next year (or, at least, we would hope NU is better then and at that point ready). NU is not yet ready for such a stage.

Yeah...but "we" are...... chuckleshuffle

I suggest you stay away from anybody you hear talking like this ^. You might catch their pathetic attitude. Nebraska will be fine in any endeavor. That includes CC games and/or coaching changes. As long as there is a commit net to excellence we will always compete for the best in everything.

Where do people come up with this crap?

Where? Probably getting embarrassed all the time on national TV. Seriously, it's no different than people saying to play TA for the future. I think next year we have a chance of being good. This year we don't. It's not that hard to see really is it? What's the record of the team's we've managed to beat again?

Are you the one getting beat in these games? No. Who cares where you want to play.. The reason these kids come to the school is to try to play for CC games and bowl games and hopefully a NC. It doesn't really matter where you want to play.

To answer the question yes I want this team to play in the CC championship due to the fact that its what they have worked their rear ends off for.

• Fire 1

I want to play in the CCG every year regardless of opponent and records, verbatim. Just because we might lose is a pretty oiss poor excuse. Just because recruits may see us lose badly isnt much better. Im sure they would notice our absence from the game moreso perhaps than a loss.

• Fire 1

eyegor.gif

Love it walks..

This thread started pissing me off, but it got me to wondering.

Are we glad we played in our last MNC game?

Most people felt we didn't deserve to be there..Miami toyed with us...But going into that game, I thought we had the best chance of anyone to beat them on a neutral site..

I don't think anyone else would have faired any better than us. There was no solid #2 team that year.

More to the point, you never, ever, ever want to suggest that losing might be preferable to winning.

Because winning might lead to losing, and your feelings might get hurt? Please.

Every All-Pro football player can recall a game when he was humiliated, and that's when he decided he never wanted to feel that way again.

Husker Nation is already dangerously close to considering moral victories as victories. Let's try not to act so frightened.

• Fire 1

More to the point, you never, ever, ever want to suggest that losing might be preferable to winning.

Because winning might lead to losing, and your feelings might get hurt? Please.

Every All-Pro football player can recall a game when he was humiliated, and that's when he decided he never wanted to feel that way again.

Husker Nation is already dangerously close to considering moral victories as victories. Let's try not to act so frightened.

:yeah