Tommy "Frazier" Armstrong!!

SkerMin8r

I hope we don't rotate QBs against MSU. When RK came in it killed the momentum. We need every series to beat MSU.

I think rotating is necessary for Tommy to get some sideline coaching and the chance to take a pause from the game to view things from a coach's standpoint. Review what he's done to that point, study the defense's tendencies, and in the meantime catch a glimpse of our 'coach on the field' running the show. There's such an overwhelming amount of information flooding a young quarterback, that this is an important part of our approach with handling TA.

There's a limited amount of things we can do with TA in there right now, so I think it is also necessary for the Nebraska GP to give Kellogg about two drives per game (plus all the 2-minute stuff) to flash a different look.

If Tommy had all the game experience in the world, I would be worried about disrupting his rhythm. At this point, he's so green, I see nothing but positives in how taking Tommy out according to plan affects his status for the rest of the same game.

If RK3 is a step back while he's in there, that's two drives we'll have to live with for now in exchange for a higher Armstrong payoff overall. And I don't think RK3 plays that poorly. There'll be games where he goes in and lights it up for his two drives.

• Fire 1

Going purely off memory, I've been thinking the last couple of games that Tommy seems a bit more polished at this stage of his career than Tommie was. Both were, in their Freshmen years, utterly raw talents. But Tommy seems just a tiny bit more smooth.

That could just be the bias of recency, though.

Going purely off memory, I've been thinking the last couple of games that Tommy seems a bit more polished at this stage of his career than Tommie was. Both were, in their Freshmen years, utterly raw talents. But Tommy seems just a tiny bit more smooth.

That could just be the bias of recency, though.

I think TA having a year in the system and a year of seeing college speed through practices vs being a true frosh thrown into the fire like Tommie can affect that perception.

Tommy Armstrong's shovel pass to Ameer Abdullah for 5 yards and a score near the game's end was vintage Nebraska. I really loved it! Nebraska is back!!!!

I still cringe when I reminisce Pelini shouting that after the Arizona game. BUT, if our guys keep playing with this much passion we will be back. Not sure what Bo changed, but whatever he did the guys bought into it. If we don't come out flat next week, I will be sold.... right now, cautiously optimistic.

i think he was talking about the holiday bowl. and i think he meant to say, "nebraska will be back and we are here to stay for another year".

Ah, the option. It's been a long 10 years, and we're happy to see you again. The Load/Sprint Option is great, but what I wouldn't give to see Beck send Cross up the middle a few times, and then TA pulls it out to option around the end with Abdullah. Newby seems like a good option back, too. Offensively, this could be a big wrinkle that sets us apart from the rest of the B1G.

It appears that we have used the option quite a bit to stretch the defense laterally. When they are stretched laterally we can then hit them with AA and Cross up the middle.

TA played a ton better than I expected for his first hostile road environment.

It appears that we have used the option quite a bit to stretch the defense laterally. When they are stretched laterally we can then hit them with AA and Cross up the middle.

TA played a ton better than I expected for his first hostile road environment.

Same here. Really thought we would see the typical deer in the headlights redshirt frosh on the road type of game but TA showed some serious, serious poise especially in that winning drive. He commanded his presence, showed confidence and methodically and smoothly helped drive us into the end zone FTW.

Without starting a new thread... what was the deal on the big K. Bell catch? Was it a missed false start or something else?

I didn't see a false start. Michigan's D-line was moving as the ball was snapped and it kinda made it look like there was movement, but I couldn't see anyone moving on our side on the replay. Maybe I missed it..

Without starting a new thread... what was the deal on the big K. Bell catch? Was it a missed false start or something else?

The announcers were making a big deal of it but I didn't notice anything live and I definitely didn't see anything on the slo-mo replay so I'm not sure what they were smoking talking about.

The announcers were making a big deal of it but I didn't notice anything live and I definitely didn't see anything on the slo-mo replay so I'm not sure what they were smoking talking about.

There was some funky movement when I watched it live and on the replay. But I don't think any of it was illegal.