Strength and conditioning

Goal-line

I posted this in another forum thread and want to solicit some comments here. It needs a thread of its own.

One area that does not get much attention in the media or on these forums is our strength and conditioning program. We get worn down way too easily. The UCLA game was a glaring example. We ran out of gas early in the second half. Boyd Epley was a performance based strength coach. He was able to evaluate, both individual and team performance. His program was a key factor in player development and was the driving force behind the storied "Pipe Line." He made players into physical specimens who could perform at a high level. Although Dobson's credentials may look good, I am not seeing that on the field. When your program has blow out loses like NU has experienced in recent times, you can look at your strength and conditioning program and know we do not measure up in that area. Why do we get pushed around on the offensive and defensive lines? Simple answer, we do not have the strength to stand our ground. You can talk experience, scheme and technique all you want, but at some point, as a lineman, you have to be able to line up and be physically stronger than the guy across from you. We do not seem to be able to do that.

Cotton - out

Long - out

Sirles - out

Rodriguez - moved to guard this week because of injuries

And.........the Huskers won on their FINAL drive!

The defense also looked pretty lively in the 4th quarter...

I seriously don't understand some of you people....the key to winning an argument is posing it at the right time. This morning is a bad choice.

• Fire 1

Cotton - out

Long - out

Sirles - out

I seriously don't understand some of you people....the key to winning an argument is posing it at the right time. This morning is a bad choice.

I did not post this to win an argument bout yesterday's game. It is an observation that I have made for some time now about the over all Husker program since Peleni was hired as head coach. Strength and conditioning is an important cog in the wheel. We do get pushed around at the line of scrimmage. There is no argument in that. (Reference the Minnesota game)

Cotton - out

Long - out

Sirles - out

I seriously don't understand some of you people.... the key to winning an argument is posing it at the right time. This morning is a bad choice.

I did not post this to win an argument bout yesterday's game. It is an observation that I have made for some time now about the over all Husker program since Peleni was hired as head coach. Strength and conditioning is an important cog in the wheel. We do get pushed around at the line of scrimmage. There is no argument in that. (Reference the Minnesota game)

So maybe you should have posted this 2 weeks ago...

Our strength and conditioning is fine. It's on par with EVERY PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY. Maybe a little better than some, maybe not quite as good as others.

It aint the 90's anymore. we dont have the advantages. everyone is putting high emphasis on strength, nutrition, and so on. Our strength and condition and Dobson himself are just low-hanging fruit for morons to bash on when things arent going well.

Our strength and conditioning is fine. It's on par with EVERY PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY. Maybe a little better than some, maybe not quite as good as others.

It aint the 90's anymore. we dont have the advantages. everyone is putting high emphasis on strength, nutrition, and so on. Our strength and condition and Dobson himself are just low-hanging fruit for morons to bash on when things arent going well.

Moron????? Be careful MrA.

• Fire 1

I'd disagree, our S&C is pretty poor in comparison to others (top teams - we are obviously above average) from what I've heard. Aaron Green, when he transferred, said TCUs strength and conditioning is much more rigorous and has done more for his body than our program ever did. I think a couple other people agreed with him. Our S&C is a weakness - in comparison to the other top 30-35 teams in the nation - at least.

Sigh. No one is bashing anything. It is just fans making an observation. Bo obviously doesn't have the perfect team, which means there is room for improvement, such as our S&C. :facepalm: