Coaches Poll

While it bothers me that Texass is ranked and DoNU isn't, this issue will resolve itself if we win out.

But Texass getting ranked after beating a 4-5 WV team that may not get a bowl?

Sorry, but I don't see it--you put these two teams on a neutral field with officials that aren't bought and paid off by Texass (an important caveat, unfortunately), and Nebraska hangs 50 on them while their offense won't get out of the shadow of their own goalposts.

Cue the altered Jack Hoffman gif. :lol:

While it bothers me that Texass is ranked and DoNU isn't, this issue will resolve itself if we win out.

But Texass getting ranked after beating a 4-5 WV team that may not get a bowl?

Sorry, but I don't see it--you put these two teams on a neutral field with officials that aren't bought and paid off by Texass (an important caveat, unfortunately), and Nebraska hangs 50 on them while their offense won't get out of the shadow of their own goalposts.

They did beat Oklahoma.

Nice to see Minnesota make an appearance. Good for them! :thumbs:

So both our losses are to ranked team. I guess, that's good, right? :huh:

This is starting to look like 2003 all over again.

So we're gonna fire Bo after a 9-3 reg season and hire............................Gary Kubiak?

No, Rex Ryan..lol

I was talking about having an easy schedule and losing to every ranked team that we played. The sad part is that this year's schedule is probably easier than 2003 was, which I never thought I could see such a thing.

The Big 10 is pretty awful. Other than Ohio State, these teams would be challenged to win the Mountain West.

If you're really objective -- like Las Vegas -- I'm not sure you'd favor Nebraska straight up over any team ranked above them.

But with the weird season and all the injuries it feels like some of the pressure is off, and if enough players have figured out that Nebraska still has to earn respect, they might go out and surprise some people.

On a neutral field I would take Nebraska over any Big 12 team, but Baylor.

Seriously? Since we lost to Minnesota and struggled against Wyoming, South Dakota State and a reeling Northwestern, I see no reason why we'd expect to beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Kansas State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU or Iowa State. I'll give you Kansas. Otherwise my fingers would be crossed, just like every Big 10 game we play.

We could beat any team on our best day and with a bit of luck, but I'm honestly not sure what Husker team you've been watching that gives you this kind of confidence.

Seriously? Since we lost to Minnesota and struggled against Wyoming, South Dakota State and a reeling Northwestern, I see no reason why we'd expect to beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Kansas State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU or Iowa State. I'll give you Kansas. Otherwise my fingers would be crossed, just like every Big 10 game we play.

We could beat any team on our best day and with a bit of luck, but I'm honestly not sure what Husker team you've been watching that gives you this kind of confidence.

sometimes it is about putting the team you cheer for on a pedestal and not every other team.

sometimes it is about putting the team you cheer for on a pedestal and not every other team.

Slight difference between the team I cheer for and the team I'd bet on. I'll always cheer for the Huskers. Brain tells me I can't always bet on them.

Problem with pedestals is that it's so easy to knock someone off them. I'm all for this team proving itself one game at a time. I don't think the last two games prove our superiority in the Big 10, much less the Big 12, but it's a nice start for a young team that seems to play better with modest expectations.