Can We Win Out?

ladyhawke

It's gonna be tough.

We're probably 30% to win against MSU, 50% to beat Penn State, and 50% to beat Iowa. So we have about an 8% chance of winning out

That's how I feel. I think Nebraska's lucky that the Big isn't exactly at their strongest right now like us. I expect the rest of the games to all be nail biters.

doesn't it seem like most conferences are down? i just find it odd.

It's gonna be tough.

We're probably 30% to win against MSU, 50% to beat Penn State, and 50% to beat Iowa. So we have about an 8% chance of winning out

That's how I feel. I think Nebraska's lucky that the Big isn't exactly at their strongest right now like us. I expect the rest of the games to all be nail biters.

Based on the top 25 I would say the SEC, Pac 12 and ACC (FSU #2, Clemson #8) are all doing pretty good compared to the Big 10. Even the Big 12 has more ranked teams than the Big 10 currently except in the coaches poll where Minnesota eaked out Georgia for the #25th spot this week.

Does kind of seem that way. Big XII and Big 10 are definitely down. ACC might be a little better than it has been for awhile just based on two really good teams. After that they drop off pretty fast. Pac 12 might be as good as it ever has been - two elite teams then 4-5 that are decent - although really bad at the bottom. It doesn't seem like the SEC is quite as good as it has been but their 2-5 teams are better than anyone else's. But the bottom 4-5 teams are not very good.

Can we win out? Yes. The better question is will we? As improved as we think this team is I still believe coaching is a weak link and we will drop atleast one more.

O ye of little faith. We will beat MSU who will become 0-8 all-time vs NU which will then take precedence over Michigan's 19-1 home record under Brady Hoke :)

I didnt know beating MSU constituted winning out?

Can we win out? Yes. The better question is will we? As improved as we think this team is I still believe coaching is a weak link and we will drop atleast one more.

O ye of little faith. We will beat MSU who will become 0-8 all-time vs NU which will then take precedence over Michigan's 19-1 home record under Brady Hoke :)

I didnt know beating MSU constituted winning out?

It does when you're asking for kool-aid w/ regards to a beating MSU thread :)

Winning out would include beating Ohio State and Stanford.

That would be a heck of a finish.

Can we? Yes. Will we? ehhh . . .

I think the op meant regular season games. As much as I want to make it to the CCG and Rose Bowl I shudder to think what the end results of both of those would be.

That's a much more attainable goal than actually winning out.

Based on the top 25 I would say the SEC, Pac 12 and ACC (FSU #2, Clemson #8) are all doing pretty good compared to the Big 10. Even the Big 12 has more ranked teams than the Big 10 currently except in the coaches poll where Minnesota eaked out Georgia for the #25th spot this week.

i am just speaking in general. a lot of two loss teams and teams that just do not meet the eye-test.

i am just speaking in general. a lot of two loss teams and teams that just do not meet the eye-test.

The way I would describe the B1G is that the peaks aren't as high as the other conferences but the valleys don't seem to be as low either.

I really think that the Hail Mary saved your season and sparked some momentum that you sustained this week with another dramatic comeback. A loss against NW and the wheels would have fallen off, imo. In the minutes leading up to the NW trip drill, I thought you were going to lose the rest of your games. Now, aside from MSU, you're clear favorites the rest of the way.

Both PSU and Iowa are physical, however. NEB will probably be beat up after this MSU game. If it's a demoralizing loss, I could see you falling to either or both of PSU and Iowa. Should be an interesting final three games.