Why should this MSU game be any different? Stats!!!

Nice jab by Sip:

The Spartan Dawgs allow only 43.4 rushing yards per game, and a measly 1.6 per carry. Do that, and a defense can call itself whatever it pleases.

The Spartans must have vulnerability somewhere, right?

<snip>

Those thinking the Huskers' beat-up offense has no chance against the Spartan Dawgs should consider at least two critical factors:

* Michigan State generally has bullied the dregs of the Big Ten (Iowa, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois and Michigan). Combined conference record: 7-19. By the same token, Nebraska's league foes to this point have a record of only 6-20.

Two years ago, I recall MSU coming out as flat as I've ever seen them and sleep-walking through the entire game. Check me if I'm wrong, but Cousins threw terribly, which was not normal so don't take 2011 at face value. Last year, of course, the O struggled all year and never really pulled it together but a lot of that has been corrected. I'm not going to judge this game by the last couple and I'm feeling even more confident than I did two years ago (see what that got me).

• The Spartan D has improved each of the last two years and now have 2 NFL caliber corners that will play man-to-man all day, allowing for strong run support and a creative pass rush.
  • The offense is much better than last year and the start of this year - on the verge of being good. The skill players seem to be playing well and the line looks strong.
  • Nebraska is pretty nicked up.

This had better be our year because I'm driving up from St. Louis and I have no intention of spending 14 hours on the road just to watch us lose again to Nebraska.

Two years ago, I recall MSU coming out as flat as I've ever seen them and sleep-walking through the entire game. Check me if I'm wrong, but Cousins threw terribly, which was not normal so don't take 2011 at face value. Last year, of course, the O struggled all year and never really pulled it together but a lot of that has been corrected. I'm not going to judge this game by the last couple and I'm feeling even more confident than I did two years ago (see what that got me).

• The Spartan D has improved each of the last two years and now have 2 NFL caliber corners that will play man-to-man all day, allowing for strong run support and a creative pass rush.
  • The offense is much better than last year and the start of this year - on the verge of being good. The skill players seem to be playing well and the line looks strong.

This had better be our year because I'm driving up from St. Louis and I have no intention of spending 14 hours on the road just to watch us lose again to Nebraska.

I don't think there is any arguing that MSU is probably the better team. The thing that pisses me off to no end is NO ONE outside the State of Nebraska is giving us a chance........................that's fine, we play better with a chip on our shoulder.

MSU was also coming off two emotional games vs. Michigan and Wisconsin (the latter being an always physical and gritty matchup, and that one in particular ended in the hail mary). The team was physically and emotionally exhausted. Injuries were a much bigger issue in that game on our end. Also, our retarded monkey OC Roushar decided that Bell getting 5 YPC against you guys was no fun and it would be more fun to throw at the teeth of the cover 2 instead.

We're coming off a bye and have been relatively healthy, other than losing co-starter at weakside LB since the ND game (he's done for the season).

MSU was also coming off two emotional games vs. Michigan and Wisconsin (the latter being an always physical and gritty matchup, and that one in particular ended in the hail mary). The team was physically and emotionally exhausted. Injuries were a much bigger issue in that game on our end. Also, our retarded monkey OC Roushar decided that Bell getting 5 YPC against you guys was no fun and it would be more fun to throw at the teeth of the cover 2 instead.

Hey, hey, hey. Let's slow down here. He wasn't getting 5 YPC.

It was only 4.8. ;)

Hey, hey, hey. Let's slow down here. He wasn't getting 5 YPC.

It was only 4.8. ;)

I rounded. :ph34r:

We're coming off a bye and have been relatively healthy, other than losing co-starter at weakside LB since the ND game (he's done for the season).

Didn't work out so well when they gave him 36 carries either....

Didn't work out so well when they gave him 36 carries either....

Boy I am still so salty on that loss, not against Nebraska but against Bill Lemmonier. That bs call on Adams during Dennard's INT return, and then the pass interference flag at the end of the game. I need to stop thinking about it before I have an aneurysm...

Boy I am still so salty on that loss, not against Nebraska but against Bill Lemmonier. That bs call on Adams during Dennard's INT return, and then the pass interference flag at the end of the game. I need to stop thinking about it before I have an aneurysm...

Eh, they were just evening out the calls from earlier in the game. chuckleshuffle

Eh, they were just evening out the calls from earlier in the game. chuckleshuffle

Officiating was pretty suspect the whole game. MSU just got the bad calls late while NU got them earlier.