Official Injury Thread

Jake Long and Kenny Bell both played against Michigan.

Long looked lost on every single play he was in. Either he's really rusty or really not good. Foster looks bad at TE, too. That's our weakest spot on the whole team, though Carter has played okay (seems to block well, hasn't made many catches but hasn't been on the receiving end of many throws. Tough to tell if that's on him or the QB).

Would've had a huge catch on that post pattern had against Mechicken if Tommy had been on with his throw.

I'll update the OP.

Whatever happened with Tariq Allen?

Added him to OP.

Apparently he is still not mentally 100% comfortable with his knee since the surgery and rehab and is hesitant in practice. As such, we've got no choice but to wait for him to get back up to speed before he sees game action.

I think from what was said that was almost a career ending injury? I just wonder if he'll get the Matt Herian mentality. Lots of players do............

Whatever happened with Tariq Allen?

Added him to OP.

Apparently he is still not mentally 100% comfortable with his knee since the surgery and rehab and is hesitant in practice. As such, we've got no choice but to wait for him to get back up to speed before he sees game action.

I think from what was said that was almost a career ending injury? I just wonder if he'll get the Matt Herian mentality. Lots of players do............

Herian... Damn. There's a name.

Remember how good that guy was pre-injury? He would've been drafted fairly high, and had a shot to be an NFL stud. Injuries are unfortunate, but just a part of the game I guess.

Perhaps Medical Hardship Waiver? Probably wrong but ...

A player (TMart) must have played in no more than 30 percent of a season in order to be eligible for a medical redshirt. In football, bowl games don't count in the calculation, though a conference championship game does.

hmmmm.........4 games divided by 13 equals 30 percent IF Huskers played in CCG

ohio_states_christian_bryan.html

Perhaps Medical Hardship Waiver? Probably wrong but ...

A player (TMart) must have played in no more than 30 percent of a season in order to be eligible for a medical redshirt. In football, bowl games don't count in the calculation, though a conference championship game does.

hmmmm.........4 games divided by 13 equals 30 percent IF Huskers played in CCG

ohio_states_christian_bryan.html

Then we must get to the CCG.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip2m

Jake Cotton, the junior LG, practiced today. Good sign for Saturday. Senior OT Jeremiah Sirles was in street clothes. #Huskers #Spartans

Best news we've gotten on the injury front in some time.

Definitely. The MASH unit that is the OL needs all the bodies it can get at the moment.

It's too bad Cotton can't seem to be healthy. Seems like there's always buzz about him at the start of the year.