Ameer Abdullah this year versus last year

I know we all know Ameer Abdullah is a special player for this team. I just wanted to create this forum to show his stat line and give him the well deserved credit he is due.

He has approximately 80 more rushing yards already than last year and he has done in on about 40 less carries compared to the entire year last year.

His only non-100 yard rushing game was 98 yards

He has 1 more receiving yard already versus last year on 3 fewer catches.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/514508/ameer-abdullah

I'm sure glad he decided to move north for college.

If there is already a AA love fest thread, feel free to merge it. I was too lazy to look.

We have a great player here, folks. I'm excited for this game on Saturday.

The coaches have done a good job of keeping him fresh and healthy, and putting him in good positions to have success.

The kid just wants it more than anyone else and that is to be commended and applauded. Hardest working kid on the team and also the heart and soul of this team. Excited to see him finish the season out and push for All-American honors and possibly some serious award consideration.

“I just think Ameer is in a zone right now,” Beck said. “It doesn’t mean those other guys aren’t good players. I just think the level of Ameer’s game, the way he’s playing, the way he’s seeing things right now … He’s playing really, really well.”

The coaches have done a good job of keeping him fresh and healthy, and putting him in good positions to have success.

“I think he’s still full of energy right now,” the Husker offensive coordinator said.

http://journalstar.c...UdoARbE.twitter

Good stat rundown via OWH:

» His 1,213 rushing yards rank fifth nationally and fourth among BCS conference players. Abdullah's yards-per-carry is better than any of the players ahead of him. In yards per game, Abdullah is sixth, averaging more yards per carry than all the players in front of him.

» He's fourth with 141 yards per game against BCS conference teams.

» He led the nation in October with 172 yards per game.

» He's third among BCS conference runners against teams in his own conference with 149.6 yards per game. He's third nationally in runs of 10 yards or longer with 37, and third nationally in runs of 20 yards or longer with 14.

» He averages 8.1 yards per carry in the third quarter, second nationally. He's the nation's top runner on first down — the most likely down for a team to try a run — gaining 820 yards and 7.7 yards per carry.