Why the fuss?

The past two seasons all the gripe has been about our defense giving up huge yards and getting blown out vs the big boys. We didn't give up big yards and get blown out today. Our team fought to the very end and played pretty damn good football excluding the fumbles. The team showed a lot of heart today. We got punched in the mouth (5 times) and never gave up. We were in it to the 4th quarter. A few breaks go our way and it could of been a totally different outcome. How many times did we have them in 3rd and long and there receivers make miraculous catches. Football isn't always fair. The better team doesn't always come out on top. I'm just happy to see progress. I feel Bo has us trending in a very good direction. I couldn't say that last year. We should all be proud of our team today win or lose.

• Fire 2

The fuss is because of a few things. Here's what I see happening: WHEN we do get an opening, and take off down field with the ball, there are NEVER, NEVER any blockers paving the way. They are always on the other side of the field and we end up with 3 opponents on the ball carrier. Our tackles...WHY do we have to run right up to the person to tackle? THROW yourself at them and wrap them up...I watch videos of past players on the big screen and wonder why we don't play with that much aggression and passion anymore... I see our players go out to the field and CONSTANTLY look to the sidelines for plays..you see them...jog out...turn around, jog back....then run back out to the field, only to stop once or twice more to make sure what they need to do. Do we NOT KNOW? I look to the coaching staff on the sidelines...I see what appears to be 3 monkeys doing hand signals to get a treat.....HOW confused are you 3? How confused are the players?? We don't have CONFIDENCE on the field...We don't have BASICS down plain and simple. You can fanboi all you want, there are basic team mechanics missing.

• Fire 1

The fuss is because of a few things. Here's what I see happening: WHEN we do get an opening, and take off down field with the ball, there are NEVER, NEVER any blockers paving the way. They are always on the other side of the field and we end up with 3 opponents on the ball carrier. Our tackles...WHY do we have to run right up to the person to tackle? THROW yourself at them and wrap them up...I watch videos of past players on the big screen and wonder why we don't play with that much aggression and passion anymore... I see our players go out to the field and CONSTANTLY look to the sidelines for plays..you see them...jog out...turn around, jog back....then run back out to the field, only to stop once or twice more to make sure what they need to do. Do we NOT KNOW? I look to the coaching staff on the sidelines...I see what appears to be 3 monkeys doing hand signals to get a treat.....HOW confused are you 3? How confused are the players?? We don't have CONFIDENCE on the field...We don't have BASICS down plain and simple. You can fanboi all you want, there are basic team mechanics missing.

What?

I wonder why they do all of that "looking to the sideline" too. Is that supposed to be a tactic to confuse the opponent or what? For the amount of time they take with that 'sideline dance' they could've huddled up like they used to,

Also, welcome to the board!

I wonder why they do all of that "looking to the sideline" too. Is that supposed to be a tactic to confuse the opponent or what? For the amount of time they take with that 'sideline dance' they could've huddled up like they used to,

Also, welcome to the board!

Adjustments to the play call are made from the sideline (most of the time).

This guy is long overstaying his welcome--and he's only 8 posts in.

Blue: Generally, if we are able to get the ball down the field that generally means that we have gotten blockers down the field.

Green: Why do we have to run up to the players to tackle them? Generally, that's how you tackle. If we were to throw ourselves at the player and miss, you wouldn't hear the end of the "this team doesn't know how to tackle" mantra.

Red: A lot of teams do this, do those teams not have any confidence?

So all in all, a very well thought out post.

• Fire 1

The past two seasons all the gripe has been about our defense giving up huge yards and getting blown out vs the big boys. We didn't give up big yards and get blown out today. Our team fought to the very end and played pretty damn good football excluding the fumbles. The team showed a lot of heart today. We got punched in the mouth (5 times) and never gave up. We were in it to the 4th quarter. A few breaks go our way and it could of been a totally different outcome. How many times did we have them in 3rd and long and there receivers make miraculous catches. Football isn't always fair. The better team doesn't always come out on top. I'm just happy to see progress. I feel Bo has us trending in a very good direction. I couldn't say that last year. We should all be proud of our team today win or lose.

The frustrating thing about the loss yesterday was again, how it happened. Four self-inflicted errors (I'll give MSU credit on that strip of Tommy right before halftime) led to 17 Michigan State points. I think most people are willing to credit some of the plays that Michigan State made on third down to their WRs making good plays and their QB throwing it in a good spot. But anytime you turn it over 5 times and lose a hard fought game is tough, because you always ask yourself what would've happened had we not turned it over 5 times.

Well, with the way our offense was playing (when it didn't punch itself in its mouth) was good. Our defense was playing good too. So we win the game going away had we not had the turnovers.

That is what sucks, and this isn't the first time it has happened.

Ah yes, the Nebraska WeAreMakingProgressSkers. It's true, we rarely miss tackles, turn the ball over or make the same stupid mistakes we used to make in the past. I saw none of those things yesterday so there is certainly progress being made on those fronts. Especially the turnovers and missed tackles. I'd bet we only had two missed tackles all game which isn't bad. And what was it, 1 turnover? One turnover is pretty much a norm anymore.

The team played solid smart football yesterday. For once we weren't our own worst enemy, which is usually the case on these nationally televised big stage games. Michigan State was just clearly the better team, we played a flawless game and lost, but we definitely look like a well coached, well organized team, with very very strong fundamentals. GBR. Great moral victory yesterday. That makes our record 9-0 right?

• Fire 2

Ah yes, the Nebraska WeAreMakingProgressSkers. It's true, we rarely miss tackles, turn the ball over or make the same stupid mistakes we used to make in the past. I saw none of those things yesterday so there is certainly progress being made on those fronts. Especially the turnovers and missed tackles. I'd bet we only had two missed tackles all game which isn't bad. And what was it, 1 turnover? One turnover is pretty much a norm anymore.

The team played solid smart football yesterday. For once we weren't our own worst enemy, which is usually the case on these nationally televised big stage games. Michigan State was just clearly the better team, we played a flawless game and lost, but we definitely look like a well coached, well organized team, with very very strong fundamentals. GBR. Great moral victory yesterday. That makes our record 9-0 right?

Really?

:koolaid2:

I'm actually pretty proud. Five turnovers is inexcusable, but I saw resilience and athleticism yesterday and I am encouraged. What I don't get is calling MSU out for being over-rated. We played toe to toe with a good, salty, well coached team and when you criticize their abilities and achievements you are actually insulting us. And we were due to lose. We won the last two games on a hail mary and a hail option. Yesterday's team has improved dramatically since the Northwestern game so I am ok with losing this one. It just goes with the territory.

I'm actually pretty proud. Five turnovers is inexcusable, but I saw resilience and athleticism yesterday and I am encouraged. What I don't get is calling MSU out for being over-rated. We played toe to toe with a good, salty, well coached team and when you criticize their abilities and achievements you are actually insulting us. And we were due to lose. We won the last two games on a hail mary and a hail option. Yesterday's team has improved dramatically since the Northwestern game so I am ok with losing this one. It just goes with the territory.

I actually tend to agree. I mean, 3 turnovers in like 5 minutes, big deal smig deal. We were just trying to make it interesting. We are NEBRASKA! We should spot everyone five extra possessions just based on that fact alone. Plus, I love watching blackshirts defense, and I got to see almost 55 minutes of BLACKSHIRTS yesterday! Awesome.

That's a good football team, well coached at the end of the day it was just we didn't execute, but I am damn proud to be a Nebraska WeMightHaveLostButWeWonInOurHeartsSker.

• Fire 1

I actually tend to agree. I mean, 3 turnovers in like 5 minutes, big deal smig deal. We were just trying to make it interesting. We are NEBRASKA! We should spot everyone five extra possessions just based on that fact alone. Plus, I love watching blackshirts defense, and I got to see almost 55 minutes of BLACKSHIRTS yesterday! Awesome.

That's a good football team, well coached at the end of the day it was just we didn't execute, but I am damn proud to be a Nebraska WeMightHaveLostButWeWonInOurHeartsSker.

Just stop.

Here is the fuss.

Big 10 isn't the best conference out there.

There are two good teams and one elite team. We aren't any of those.

We got beat yesterday by the "good team" and I think most would agree on this board, especially after last year's games, Wisky and Ohio State would CRUSH us.

So we are fourth best and we still suffer the head scratching loss.... Minny, and the blow out loss (second half) UCLA

Obviously, we are all feeling pretty confident we can beat Penn State and Iowa. But there is a chance that we lose one or both. Those games are not in the bag.

Just stop.

Just have to laugh about it, if you can't do that I feel bad for you. Your taking it serious and being all pissy and moany about it won't change a damn thing, I hope you are aware of that.