Sobering Look - how far out of relevance NU has fallen

TGHusker

unRealistic Bo Replacements:

Craig Bohl - Has a good thing going at NDSU/May not want to come back here when hell freezes over

Chris Peterson - HAD good tbing going at Boise, may want to stick it out I don't understand why anyone thinks he'd come here

Scott Frost - Still learning the ropes, and Oregon is in a better place right now lets get a guy w/ no real HC experience, but is one of "ours"

Art Briles - Just signed a ten year extension, gonna be a Baylor lifer it looks like He'll be the coach of the Redskins next year

Kevin Sumlin - Would rather stay at aTm or take the USC gig, not an option another one that I don't know why he'd come here

Nick Saban - baaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you need some counseling

Urban Meyer - see above you need a drink

Lane Kiffin - shoot me now you need some jesus, or something...

Can't stop laughing............I'm serious

Craig Bohl - Has a good thing going at NDSU/May not want to come back here when hell freezes over

Chris Peterson - HAD good tbing going at Boise, may want to stick it out I don't understand why anyone thinks he'd come here

Scott Frost - Still learning the ropes, and Oregon is in a better place right now lets get a guy w/ no real HC experience, but is one of "ours"

Art Briles - Just signed a ten year extension, gonna be a Baylor lifer it looks like He'll be the coach of the Redskins next year

Kevin Sumlin - Would rather stay at aTm or take the USC gig, not an option another one that I don't know why he'd come here

Nick Saban - baaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you need some counseling

For the record, the only name on that list I actuall would like here would be Peterson but hes a Boise guy. I really jope you dont think these were my uggestions, just names Ive seen others mention as replacements. Truthfully I ddont see anyone out there who would be head over heels to come here at the moment.

For the record, the only name on that list I actuall would like here would be Peterson but hes a Boise guy. I really jope you dont think these were my uggestions, just names Ive seen others mention as replacements. Truthfully I ddont see anyone out there who would be head over heels to come here at the moment.

Ok, I was getting worried about ya...

I cant remember who suggested Saban but it went along with like paying him 10mil to come here.

And Kiffin? He will be lucky to land a co-cordinator job at a MAC school.

Actually let me go on record saying that if I ever suggest Lane Kiffin for ANY job in Lincoln, strap me in a straight jacket, slap me, and send me to rehab.

Stewart Mandel doesn't think we're irrelevant.

There will soon be several coaching vacancies to fill. Who are the new "it" coordinators or small-school guys looking to get the call up? Who will be the next Urban Meyer to come out of the small schools and lead a BCS program?

-- Jeff Hostetler, Gainesville, Fla.

There could be a ripple effect if USC, Texas and another high-profile program like Nebraska all make changes, creating openings where we wouldn't necessarily expect them. If Fresno State goes undefeated, you can bet Tim DeRuyter will get his share of calls. DeRuyter, 50, is not exactly an up-and-comer, and I can't see him garnering the interest of USC or Texas, but possibly one step below. Ball State's Pete Lembo and Bowling Green's Dave Clawson are other good bets, as is Louisiana-Lafayette's Mark Hudspeth.

See? We're high-profile. We're bona fide.

• Fire 1

I cant remember who suggested Saban but it went along with like paying him 10mil to come here.

Actually let me go on record saying that if I ever suggest Lane Kiffin for ANY job in Lincoln, strap me in a straight jacket, slap me, and send me to rehab.

We would strap you to something but it would be a plank so we can water board you. Not just because you must be a terrorist but simply because you deserve to suffer.

We would strap you to something but it would be a plank so we can water board you. Not just because you must be a terrorist but simply because you deserve to suffer.

I wouldnt resist because I would deserve it.

Stewart Mandel doesn't think we're irrelevant.

There will soon be several coaching vacancies to fill. Who are the new "it" coordinators or small-school guys looking to get the call up? Who will be the next Urban Meyer to come out of the small schools and lead a BCS program?

-- Jeff Hostetler, Gainesville, Fla.

There could be a ripple effect if USC, Texas and another high-profile program like Nebraska all make changes, creating openings where we wouldn't necessarily expect them. If Fresno State goes undefeated, you can bet Tim DeRuyter will get his share of calls. DeRuyter, 50, is not exactly an up-and-comer, and I can't see him garnering the interest of USC or Texas, but possibly one step below. Ball State's Pete Lembo and Bowling Green's Dave Clawson are other good bets, as is Louisiana-Lafayette's Mark Hudspeth.

See? We're high-profile. We're bona fide.

I feel gooder now.