Perlman speaks on Pelini

C N Red

Harvey is still useless until someone shows me facts he has helped the University. Moving to the B1G doesnt count considering I believe TO was the main force behind that. And as said above its ridiculous we lost AAU status. Total ineptness.

You do realize that Harvey Perlman was not responsible for Nebraska getting the boot from the AAU, right?

http://chronicle.com...-Debate/127364/

Matters how you want to look at it. I can see how Harvey has made some enemies in the AAU and he has let aspects in research within the University slip. I wouldnt say he didnt have any responsibility in it by a long shot.

Not trying to start anything but,

post-7575-0-11670800-1385616692.gif

Yes, I understand it fairly well and understand they don't get to count research done on other campuses. But the fact is, show me what he has done for academics at Nebraska. Show me how much better the University has gotten. Just show me some facts that show he has helped the University grow and become better. If people want Bo fired for just being status quo, then Harvery should be right there with him.

I'm not going to pretend to be some Harvey Perlman advocate, but this is mypoic. The evidence is out there. You're not looking.

At all.

Don't be lazy. Go do some research before you criticize. Call the university for goodness' sake and ask about their future plans. Google it for goodness' sake. It's not like it's difficult to find.

It's not that he's not looking, that's too easy. it's that he doesn't accept the answers! just like many on here he would rather turn a blind eye and give other persons the credit for the situations than give the actual person the credit. just doesn't fit his agenda.

LOL :cry Uh, no.

Harvey is still useless until someone shows me facts he has helped the University. Moving to the B1G doesnt count considering I believe TO was the main force behind that. And as said above its ridiculous we lost AAU status. Total ineptness.

You do realize that Harvey Perlman was not responsible for Nebraska getting the boot from the AAU, right?

http://chronicle.com...-Debate/127364/

Matters how you want to look at it. I can see how Harvey has made some enemies in the AAU and he has let aspects in research within the University slip. I wouldnt say he didnt have any responsibility in it by a long shot.

You don't know a whole lot about the process and criteria that got NU booted from the AAU do you?

If all of the money spent on research by the University of Nebraska was actually counted towards the criteria that allows an institution to be a member then NU would still be in the AAU. Instead, because the University of Nebraska is spread across at least 3 campus's in 3 different cities and much of our research dollars are in the agricultural field instead of medical or engineering we are no longer a member. That's an over simplification, but it works.

Yes. you are correct.

Bold. Must mean correct :dumdum

Yes, I understand it fairly well and understand they don't get to count research done on other campuses. But the fact is, show me what he has done for academics at Nebraska. Show me how much better the University has gotten. Just show me some facts that show he has helped the University grow and become better. If people want Bo fired for just being status quo, then Harvery should be right there with him.

I'm not going to pretend to be some Harvey Perlman advocate, but this is mypoic. The evidence is out there. You're not looking.

At all.

Don't be lazy. Go do some research before you criticize. Call the university for goodness' sake and ask about their future plans. Google it for goodness' sake. It's not like it's difficult to find.

let's see just so we can give Harv the same courtesy as Bo it really doesn't matter whats going on behind the scenes only what's seen in the media which is pretty much his games. He's not doing that well. His wins are hire TO and BIG10 entry (aided by football and TO heavily and if you don't believe that you're not listening to the B10). How's his enrollment growth going? So/so but I remember a presser where he was going to have a huge increase now that we are B10 only to have him state this year he was going to have to change that forecast because it was harder than thought to recruit students to campus. The numbers have increased a little so that's like a hail Mary against NW and doesn't really count as a win and should be considered a loss. Kicked out of AAU. It's not our fault Harvey couldn't convince them to combine all research dollars and fumbled several times there. A loss is a loss as we know the final score is all that matters on this one. Public support for one of the men hiding child rape. Loss. Extension of Pedy and Bills contracts without mitigation clauses. 2 losses. Telling the media and entire athletic department how the ad search would work only to hire someone without consult and pay them 3 times their salary with almost zero experience. Loss.

So right now he's 3-5 with his public games. Actually 2-6 because of the hail Mary.

Remember we don't get to count GPA stuff, Bowl appearances, championship appearances and the minor stuff in Bo's contract or the off field things like Team Jack so Harv shouldn't get to count increased research dollars and the Valley projects. Neither can we count future plans because that's unknown because as we've seen those can change and not happen. We must only look at the actual public wins and losses. And we won't really even touch on Harvs public perception and ding him for that just like Bo shouldn't be dinged for game emotions. And Harv should just be glad his private convos aren't taped to be leaked. His statements about professors and BOR members aren't very favorable for him either.

Not a fan of Harvey. At all!!!

Not many people I know are fans of Perlman. It boggles my mind that persons like Perlman get into positions like Chancellor of a major University. As far as I am concerned, he would be better off sticking to his administrative duties rather than poking his nose in the athletic program.

At all.

let's see just so we can give Harv the same courtesy as Bo it really doesn't matter whats going on behind the scenes only what's seen in the media which is pretty much his games. He's not doing that well. His wins are hire TO and BIG10 entry (aided by football and TO heavily and if you don't believe that you're not listening to the B10). How's his enrollment growth going? So/so but I remember a presser where he was going to have a huge increase now that we are B10 only to have him state this year he was going to have to change that forecast because it was harder than thought to recruit students to campus. The numbers have increased a little so that's like a hail Mary against NW and doesn't really count as a win and should be considered a loss. Kicked out of AAU. It's not our fault Harvey couldn't convince them to combine all research dollars and fumbled several times there. A loss is a loss as we know the final score is all that matters on this one. Public support for one of the men hiding child rape. Loss. Extension of Pedy and Bills contracts without mitigation clauses. 2 losses. Telling the media and entire athletic department how the ad search would work only to hire someone without consult and pay them 3 times their salary with almost zero experience. Loss.

So right now he's 3-5 with his public games. Actually 2-6 because of the hail Mary.

Remember we don't get to count GPA stuff, Bowl appearances, championship appearances and the minor stuff in Bo's contract or the off field things like Team Jack so Harv shouldn't get to count increased research dollars and the Valley projects. Neither can we count future plans because that's unknown because as we've seen those can change and not happen. We must only look at the actual public wins and losses. And we won't really even touch on Harvs public perception and ding him for that just like Bo shouldn't be dinged for game emotions. And Harv should just be glad his private convos aren't taped to be leaked. His statements about professors and BOR members aren't very favorable for him either.

Sounds about right. Thanks for doing the research, b/c as noted, I actually am too lazy to do it. I just dont see anything he's done thats really bettered the University. Yes, he'll take credit for a lot of stuff, but most times there were other people who actually spearheaded the efforts and made them happen in spite of HP.

At all.

There's some serious cherry-picking going on here. The bold - how are you drawing any kind of correlations between these things?

Not a fan of Harvey. At all!!!

Not many people I know are fans of Perlman. It boggles my mind that persons like Perlman get into positions like Chancellor of a major University. As far as I am concerned, he would be better off sticking to his administrative duties rather than poking his nose in the athletic program.

I also don't know how we can give Perlman props for hiring TO. Perlman screwed things up so badly that TO more than likely said "what have you and Peterson done to this school" Remember if TO wins the election for governor in whatever year that was, we are probably looking at a 2 win Bill Callahan led husker team. That's what Harvey has brought to the table.

I also don't know how we can give Perlman props for hiring TO. Perlman screwed things up so badly that TO more than likely said "what have you and Peterson done to this school" Remember if TO wins the election for governor in whatever year that was, we are probably looking at a 2 win Bill Callahan led husker team. That's what Harvey has brought to the table.

was TO not behind the pederson hiring?

I'll give you that but Tom went to Washington and Harvey let his boy Stevie do whatever.

I'll give you that but Tom went to Washington and Harvey let his boy Stevie do whatever.

all i am saying is that there is no disputing that pederson was a terrible ad, but i do not think it is fair to say, in hindsight, that we knew it was a bad hire at the time.

At all.

There's some serious cherry-picking going on here. The bold - how are you drawing any kind of correlations between these things?

I did that somewhat tongue in cheek but i can make just as good a case for not having Harv as having him. And with the booster calls and emails being sent the past two weeks to the BOR Harv probably isn't as safe at UNL as his ego would like to believe. The honest truth is we could end up down a head coach and chancellor by years end if this perfect storm brewing happens.