Perlman speaks on Pelini

C N Red

Harvey is still useless until someone shows me facts he has helped the University. Moving to the B1G doesnt count considering I believe TO was the main force behind that. And as said above its ridiculous we lost AAU status. Total ineptness.

You do realize that Harvey Perlman was not responsible for Nebraska getting the boot from the AAU, right?

http://chronicle.com...-Debate/127364/

Matters how you want to look at it. I can see how Harvey has made some enemies in the AAU and he has let aspects in research within the University slip. I wouldnt say he didnt have any responsibility in it by a long shot.

Harvey had ZERO impact on our AAU status, no more than you or I.

The Tommy Lee thing, I had forgotten, as I suspect most had aside from fans. Maybe that was a decision that any exposure is good. Maybe we had no legal grounds to reject the old rock star. I have no idea, but that episode is long in the past for all but die hard fans.

Boy that was vague, if not indicting.

He could have easily said, "we have a process , it's on going and everything will be evaluated at the end if the season. But right now, as of this moment, we have confidence in Bo and think throughout any season there are ups and downs--and critical lines will be drawn--but Bo has his process of running a program and we buy into that process as well."

I guess...it sounded more negative than it had to IF they think Bo is going to be here.

But one thing is for sure, he needs to keep his mouth shut in regards to anything athletics. We employ an Athletic Director for that stuff.

This wasn't some kind of announcement. As I understand, he was interviewed by a local radio station for something unrelated to athletics, and they asked him a question about Bo at the end of it. He gave a brief answer without saying anything, which is pretty much keeping his mouth shut. Because we do have an AD. And a process. And the AD also doesn't say anything. Because that's the process :lol:

Odd that after the BOR started receiving letters that HP speaks out a little and he and the AD finally send a response to a few emails to the general public that had been sent days and weeks ago. Maybe they are feeling a touch of heat. It should also say volumes about HPs ego and who is calling the shots that the first comments come from him and not the AD who was given a huge raise to do this job after 6 months of prior experience. If you don't think HP has a complex take an admissions tour at UNL where a large portion is about how awesome our chancellor is. Even the guides appoligise about the video presentations.

I can't say I know much about his work at the university. He must be doing something right, he has been there a long time. Maybe it is the AD's job to comment on the athletic programs, but then why did he have that comment on Bo, after the Texas A&M game. Shouldn't he have remained quite and let Tom address it ? Just wondering. GBR!!!

At the football game in Seattle we were on some Husker tour and took a boat to the game. While standing in line I was adding up how much cash I needed to pay for drinks and my buddy corrected my math. I said oops I guess I can blame my UNL education for that. Right in front of me Harvey Perlman turned around and gave me that trademark weasley look. I don't know how he has stayed around as long as he has.

• Fire 1

Would have diffused the situation considerably if HP had more emphatically emphasized that the evaluation process is something that happens EVERY year.

I know he alluded to it, but over-emphasizing it might have negated some of the reading-between-the-lines happening currently.

• Fire 1

At the football game in Seattle we were on some Husker tour and took a boat to the game. While standing in line I was adding up how much cash I needed to pay for drinks and my buddy corrected my math. I said oops I guess I can blame my UNL education for that. Right in front of me Harvey Perlman turned around and gave me that trademark weasley look. I don't know how he has stayed around as long as he has.

giphy.gif

• Fire 1

Perlman is asked a question that has nothing to do with his job description. No matter how he answers that question someone's going to gripe about it. But he can't just sequester himself and stay off the media. If he cancelled those interviews he would normally do, people would read something into that, too.

Basically, there's nothing here to give anyone a good or bad impression of Perlman. Reaction to the statement he made says more about the people reacting than Perlman himself.

• Fire 1

Harvey is still useless until someone shows me facts he has helped the University. Moving to the B1G doesnt count considering I believe TO was the main force behind that. And as said above its ridiculous we lost AAU status. Total ineptness.

You do realize that Harvey Perlman was not responsible for Nebraska getting the boot from the AAU, right?

http://chronicle.com...-Debate/127364/

but he was responsible for this:

TommyLeeGoesToCollege.jpg

Perlman did have the cojones to call Texass out on their BS in front of the Big XII...so I'd say he's paid for the Tommy Lee debacle already.

One time when I was picking up my wife from the Admin Building on campus to get her fricking PhD certified and finalized, I pulled up and stopped in a reserved space for a grand total of one minute while my wife walked to the car. Turns out the reserved space was for the Chancellor, but it was late in the afternoon and it was only for a minute so I wasn't worried. As I backed out, a car was pulling into the lot at the same time. It was Harvey. He had an annoyed look on his face. So yeah, he needs to go.

• Fire 1