Perlman speaks on Pelini

C N Red

Harvey is still useless until someone shows me facts he has helped the University. Moving to the B1G doesnt count considering I believe TO was the main force behind that. And as said above its ridiculous we lost AAU status. Total ineptness.

You do realize that Harvey Perlman was not responsible for Nebraska getting the boot from the AAU, right?

http://chronicle.com...-Debate/127364/

Matters how you want to look at it. I can see how Harvey has made some enemies in the AAU and he has let aspects in research within the University slip. I wouldnt say he didnt have any responsibility in it by a long shot.

You don't know a whole lot about the process and criteria that got NU booted from the AAU do you?

If all of the money spent on research by the University of Nebraska was actually counted towards the criteria that allows an institution to be a member then NU would still be in the AAU. Instead, because the University of Nebraska is spread across at least 3 campus's in 3 different cities and much of our research dollars are in the agricultural field instead of medical or engineering we are no longer a member. That's an over simplification, but it works.

At the football game in Seattle we were on some Husker tour and took a boat to the game. While standing in line I was adding up how much cash I needed to pay for drinks and my buddy corrected my math. I said oops I guess I can blame my UNL education for that. Right in front of me Harvey Perlman turned around and gave me that trademark weasley look. I don't know how he has stayed around as long as he has.

One time when I was picking up my wife from the Admin Building on campus to get her fricking PhD certified and finalized, I pulled up and stopped in a reserved space for a grand total of one minute while my wife walked to the car. Turns out the reserved space was for the Chancellor, but it was late in the afternoon and it was only for a minute so I wasn't worried. As I backed out, a car was pulling into the lot at the same time. It was Harvey. He had an annoyed look on his face. So yeah, he needs to go.

He needs to go because he got annoyed because you took his parking spot? lmao.gif

This decision to join the Big 10 was not Tom Osborne's. It ultimately wasn't football driven, either. It was a university-wide academic decision, and given the invitation it was a no-brainer.

If you open your ears, Perlman was probably talking about larger university issues when the Pelini question came up, a question he knew was coming. You can hear the resigned irritation in his voice. He got in and out of the subject quickly and respectfully to all parties.

Harvey is still useless until someone shows me facts he has helped the University. Moving to the B1G doesnt count considering I believe TO was the main force behind that. And as said above its ridiculous we lost AAU status. Total ineptness.

You do realize that Harvey Perlman was not responsible for Nebraska getting the boot from the AAU, right?

Matters how you want to look at it. I can see how Harvey has made some enemies in the AAU and he has let aspects in research within the University slip. I wouldnt say he didnt have any responsibility in it by a long shot.

You don't know a whole lot about the process and criteria that got NU booted from the AAU do you?

If all of the money spent on research by the University of Nebraska was actually counted towards the criteria that allows an institution to be a member then NU would still be in the AAU. Instead, because the University of Nebraska is spread across at least 3 campus's in 3 different cities and much of our research dollars are in the agricultural field instead of medical or engineering we are no longer a member. That's an over simplification, but it works.

Yes, I understand it fairly well and understand they don't get to count research done on other campuses. But the fact is, show me what he has done for academics at Nebraska. Show me how much better the University has gotten. Just show me some facts that show he has helped the University grow and become better. If people want Bo fired for just being status quo, then Harvery should be right there with him.

Harvey had ZERO impact on our AAU status, no more than you or I.

The Tommy Lee thing, I had forgotten, as I suspect most had aside from fans. Maybe that was a decision that any exposure is good. Maybe we had no legal grounds to reject the old rock star. I have no idea, but that episode is long in the past for all but die hard fans.

It's still viable.

Yes, I understand it fairly well and understand they don't get to count research done on other campuses. But the fact is, show me what he has done for academics at Nebraska. Show me how much better the University has gotten. Just show me some facts that show he has helped the University grow and become better. If people want Bo fired for just being status quo, then Harvery should be right there with him.

I'm not going to pretend to be some Harvey Perlman advocate, but this is mypoic. The evidence is out there. You're not looking.

At all.

Don't be lazy. Go do some research before you criticize. Call the university for goodness' sake and ask about their future plans. Google it for goodness' sake. It's not like it's difficult to find.

• Fire 1

This decision to join the Big 10 was not Tom Osborne's. It ultimately wasn't football driven, either. It was a university-wide academic decision, and given the invitation it was a no-brainer.

If you open your ears, Perlman was probably talking about larger university issues when the Pelini question came up, a question he knew was coming. You can hear the resigned irritation in his voice. He got in and out of the subject quickly and respectfully to all parties.

It was football-driven.

Here is my take....I do NOT like the man. I think he likes the "power" and really doesn't know a lot about athletics. I know for a fact that he basically took a dump on the man who basically "ran the university".... I think he was insanely jealous of TO, and he didn't even have the decency to include TO in the search for the new A.D..... not that it is required, but considering everything TO had done for this place, including coming back to help (attempt) to dig the program out of the dumps..... he should of consulted TO.

TO was also very instrumental in the whole expansion of Memorial Stadium and the Arena. People give TO $$$, not Harvey.

In fact, TO was at a charity event when Harvey announced the new A.D. and TO was stunned... took him completely by surpirse. He was shocked. I think it was a slap in the face and Harvey did it intentionally. He is an arrogant pr!ck !!!

I would sign a petition tonight to fire his a$$.

Here is my take....I do NOT like the man. I think he likes the "power" and really doesn't know a lot about athletics. I know for a fact that he basically took a dump on the man who basically "ran the university".... I think he was insanely jealous of TO, and he didn't even have the decency to include TO in the search for the new A.D..... not that it is required, but considering everything TO had done for this place, including coming back to help (attempt) to dig the program out of the dumps..... he should of consulted TO.

TO was also very instrumental in the whole expansion of Memorial Stadium and the Arena. People give TO $$$, not Harvey.

In fact, TO was at a charity event when Harvey announced the new A.D. and TO was stunned... took him completely by surpirse. He was shocked. I think it was a slap in the face and Harvey did it intentionally. He is an arrogant pr!ck !!!

I would sign a petition tonight to fire his a$$.

ok, one definite no vote for Harvey....i tend to agree.

It was football-driven.

TV as we know it won't exist in 20 years. Heck, football as we know it may not exist in 20 years, the way the NCAA is changing contact rules. The Board of Regents didn't sign off on this move because of Football, or the BTN, as much as we're all rabid for watching football. It was based on academics, with athletics figured in to the bargain. It's a weird dynamic, but never doubt that academics is driving the bus.

To wit - in FY2012, the University system operating budget was over $500 million. For the same year, the operating budget for UNL Athletics was $79 million. A big chunk of the overall university system, but not remotely the lion's share, and as a self-sustaining unit, it wasn't necessary to move to the Big Ten to aid athletics, or even specifically football, when we had a sweetheart's deal (albeit a biased one) in the Big XII already.

Bottom line is this - anyone not discussing the CIC first and foremost when talking about the switch to the Big Ten isn't talking about - or maybe even aware of - the big picture. It's not about football, and it never was. Football is the pretty girl in the short dress standing next to the new sports car.

Academics are the engine.

Yes. you are correct.

I'm not going to pretend to be some Harvey Perlman advocate, but this is mypoic. The evidence is out there. You're not looking.

At all.

Don't be lazy. Go do some research before you criticize. Call the university for goodness' sake and ask about their future plans. Google it for goodness' sake. It's not like it's difficult to find.

It's not that he's not looking, that's too easy. it's that he doesn't accept the answers! just like many on here he would rather turn a blind eye and give other persons the credit for the situations than give the actual person the credit. just doesn't fit his agenda.

Both the ADs from Florida and Michigan have come out in no unequivocal terms with support for their respective head coaches.

Michigan's basically to squash recruits reluctance based on rumors and whatnot.

Just food for thought.

you could have just typed, "equivocal".

but i think you just meant just "unequivocal," as in unambiguous.