Kudos to the staff

lo country

The Bo debate has been beat to death, but I wanted to add what a great job (for the most part) the staff has done.

I am not a fan of some on the staff, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

We were able to go into the Big house and Happy valley and come away with wins. I feat that has only happened 3 times in the B1G IIRC (in 20 years!). We also broke the record that after playing MSU, the teams have lost like the past 8 or 9 games. We won, in Happy Valley, in the snow, in OT, on Senior day.........With a patch work OL and our 3rd string QB. Fyfe (sp?) would have been the back up.

The staff has cobbled together 8 wins and can possibly get 10. Again all with a patch work OL, the 2nd and 3rd string QB, the Stache, Burch, another kid who played last week at WR whose name escapes me (2 catches IIRC), a defense which after 8 games appears to have turned the corner, not to mention completely ignoring the 3rd phase of the game in ST. All while missing the services of the B1G player of the year last year in Martinez, no JT, an injured Bell, a "play through the pain" in AA, no all B1G Spenser Long, a mash unit on OL, numerous Fresh and RS on the D and again no punting game.

Somehow with tape gate, the rumors of firing, injuries, fans BS on twitter/facebook, silence of the AD, national media coverage etc the kids didn't quit. They have played through all the BS and injuries and didn't quit. Th staff has done something right in keeping them focused and still playing despite the on and off field BS.

I hope the beat the crap out of Iowa tomorrow and Iowa backs out of Black Friday games so we can start a rivalry with someone we want, not a manufactured rivalry. I hope we draw an SEC team in the bowl and finally exercise those demons and beat them.

I might not like what I have seen at times this year, but like the team, I am not quitting. GBR.

• Fire 3

Sounds good. Sometimes I think Husker 'fans' want NU to lose just so they have something to bitch about. Hate the coaches? Fine. They make tons of money, they'll be fine. But these players want to win every week. Maybe they mess up. Maybe they aren't as talented as the player they are lining up against. Maybe they blow assignments. Maybe they aren't being coached up properly. But I'll say it again. These players want to win every week. Anyone that says otherwise is crazy.

• Fire 1

Sounds good. Sometimes I think Husker 'fans' want NU to lose just so they have something to bitch about. Hate the coaches? Fine. They make tons of money, they'll be fine. But these players want to win every week. Maybe they mess up. Maybe they aren't as talented as the player they are lining up against. Maybe they blow assignments. Maybe they aren't being coached up properly. But I'll say it again. These players want to win every week. Anyone that says otherwise is crazy.

Sure they want to win every week. The question is how much do they want it. Some teams want it more than others and are more inspired and put everything they have into being great. I'm not sure we're there yet. We have the talent to be a top 15 team but I don't know if the drive is there.

Sure they want to win every week. The question is how much do they want it. Some teams want it more than others and are more inspired and put everything they have into being great. I'm not sure we're there yet. We have the talent to be a top 15 team but I don't know if the drive is there.

Nah, man. I'd say it's there. We saw a couple of Call**an teams quit. We know what that looks like. We have talent to be 10-1 or 9-2 right now, but as OP stated, we have been a patchwork. VV was blocking on PAT and FG against PSU for crying out loud.

They have the will and the drive. 3 years from now, while people are still bitching--like you--we'll look back at the records and say we were 10-3 in 2013. I likes that a lot.

I like watching this team. We dominate at the line of scrimmage, check MSU for that fact. We suck at special teams, yet they won the game at PSU. We had no business winning against NW, but we still did. The fans have still shown up despite all the crap that has happened this year, and we have a combine full of memories from this year.

Kudos to the team and coaches for wanting to win all the games and fighting tooth and nail.

Go Big Red

• Fire 1

Absolutely. This team has overcome a lot. Credit is due to this staff for the challenges they've faced yet still managed a decent season. No doubt about it. I like the talent and I hope we find a way to get past some of these mental things. No matter how that is.

Let's stomp Iowas asses tomorrow. I mean stomp em by 40. Then let's get some clarity on this situation so folks can move on and find some focus on better things.

Nah, man. I'd say it's there. We saw a couple of Call**an teams quit. We know what that looks like. We have talent to be 10-1 or 9-2 right now, but as OP stated, we have been a patchwork. VV was blocking on PAT and FG against PSU for crying out loud.

They have the will and the drive. 3 years from now, while people are still bitching--like you--we'll look back at the records and say we were 10-3 in 2013. I likes that a lot.

I like watching this team. We dominate at the line of scrimmage, check MSU for that fact. We suck at special teams, yet they won the game at PSU. We had no business winning against NW, but we still did. The fans have still shown up despite all the crap that has happened this year, and we have a combine full of memories from this year.

Kudos to the team and coaches for wanting to win all the games and fighting tooth and nail.

Go Big Red

Good post.......