This needs to be Pelini's last game as our coach

SUPERBUNNY

I'm upset with Bo because I like him. I wanted him to do well here. He seems to have an issue with fans, but what about his responsiblity to the fans? Like not doing something to cause the rest of the country to laugh at your university and football team?

Nebraskans are very prideful people. You can say you don't care what others think, but no one likes to be laughed at.

My expectations for keeping Bo (and staff) passed the 2014 season :

1. Fundamentals must dramitically improve (turnovers and poor tackling).

2. Discipline must be instilled (the ridiculous and ill timed penalties and general poor decision making/game management).

3. Better strength and conditioning:

The increase in injuries to our team over the past 2-3 seasons has to stop. IMO, the past 2-3 seasons we're losing guys at a much higher rate than our oppenents. For me, that makes the injury bug more of a trend than an exception or bad luck. It used to be our opponents that walked away battered in bruised. I suspect i'll get flack for this expectation.

4. Take down the iron curtain:

Ii'm not saying let just anyone in to see practices, but there should be some local/husker media members that can see practices and provide us a bit more insight into the general goings on, etc. They're not going to give away plays or trade secrets. I don't expect some of the younger fans to agree with this as the "iron curtain" for many programs has been instilled this whole century. I used to feel "closer" to this program than i currently do. The only thing i really grasp about this team is what I see between the lines on game days. There's little player accessibility and there's the instilled us agains the world (including the fans) mentality that I don't see has a postive for anyone associated with the program.

This kind of ties into #5.

5. Stop with the rhetoric:

When a coach is winning games at an elite level, he's "earned" the credibility to thumb his nose at the fans, media, officials, etc.(see Nick Saban/Urban Meyer) Yes, Bo has improved the program beyond Callahan, but not to the point where he doesn't have to show SOME humiltiy and contrition for the final product. His implied attitude that the fans/media shouldn't be critical of he or his coaches performance is hypocrtical. He knew the overall performance expectations and agreed with them as his own expectations. Now he feels he and his staff our above reproach by everyone but himself? Can't have it both ways. (and thats why he gets paid a boat load just like every other public figure/celebrity thats in the "fish bowl")

6. Continue to improve recruiting and player development:

The recruting aspect might already be addressed considering the ranking of the past couple of classes, and the current group of commits and possibilities looks strong. However, the development aspect I still question. This ties into my other expectations in that we still have seniors making true freshman types of mistakes. Plus, there seems to be a major drop off in skill (talent or development?) versus a slight decline, especially on the offensive side. Perhaps its scheme issue. IMO, Bo's program has yet to develop a complete QB; maybe TA will buck that trend.

I'm not on either bandwagon at this point. Previous to the 2012 season I would've kept Bo at most cost/considered myself on the Bo bandwagon. By the end of last season, I was off the bandwagon, but gun to my head, I'd keep Bo if the choices were to fire him or give him a 10 year contract. Today, gun to my head, I think my answer would be the opposite. With that stated, unless Eichorst has a great replacement sealed and delivered, I'd be inclined to give Bo another shot to better the ship in 2014, but any signs of groundhog day/not meeting the above expectations and I wouldn't wait til the end of the season to pull the trigger.

One thing I purposely left off my expecations is W/L. I don't think thats the best way to judge a program overall. There're coaches out there with lesser W/L than Bo that I think could actually do better here than Bo between the lines (one example would be Paul Rhodes). For non-football related matters though (academics, players staying out of trouble, illegal recruiting), I'd stuggle to put anyone above Bo. Acceptable W/L comes with a sound, consistent program.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

I can't take it anymore! The interview and lack of class at the half. Yeah, it was a dumb question but for him to act like that is unreal. He obviously has no understanding of or intention to show any class. We deserve better! Then to follow it up with that display of sh#t on the sideline that cost his team 15 yards? I'm done with him! Un-effing-believeable the guy!

I hope you have some clone of TO/Bear Bryant growing in your basement, because who are you gonna get, that is better than Bo?

Dude, you have posted this like 5 times in different threads. It reads the only coaches better than Pelini, ever, were Tom Osborne and Bear Bryant.

Stop it.

A check of the ranking shows there are approximately 30 coaches better than Pelini right now. Surely, one of them would come to NU for a fat raise.

And a contract buyout a few years later.

If Bo is still the HC at Nebraska next year, I'm never going to get to hear about any of the players, the team or anything else to do with Husker football...it's going to be the Bo Pelini This Time All The Time show. I'm not cheering for the "Bo Pelinis"...I'm cheering for the Huskers. Keep Pelini and lose all your team identity. Every sports highlight will include speculation as to whether that big catch or that big run will help Pelini keep his job....it'll be a media Pelini fest. Frankly...I'm sick of it. I want to turn on a Husker football game and not be treated to hundreds of cutaway shots of a HC on the sideline. I get enough of that with Paul at Iowa State (where we have all become big fans of the poor kid who has to run around behind him during the game holding his headphones...that kid gets more media exposure than Oprah)

As to who I would replace Pelini with...my choices would be:

1) Barry Switzer...Huskers may hate him but the guy can coach, recruit and put fans in the seats

2) Mack Brown...He's going to need a job and it would be fun to fire him.

3) Me...because I would like a million dollars

4) One of you guys...but only if you would loan me a million dollars

5) Doc Sadler...actually, he would make a lousy football coach. I just wanted to thank you for cutting him loose so ISU could hire him for the basketball team. The guy is great!

I tend to believe Pelini doesn't hate the fans as a whole. He hates the minority that vocalize their displeasure and attack his players. Unfortunately, that minority has grown over the past few years and his players have had the pressure turned up on them. Don't think the players haven't heard it, even after they graduate...

https://twitter.com/...545685769887744

I know Bo can't worry about everything that anyone says but to see this come from our own fans.... it makes me fight harder to support Bo and the team. Crazy to think that people will actually write this stuff knowing that their names are attached to it and others can see how the "fans" who post it really are. Hope this dude gets a nice cold shoulder from co-workers/friends for his moronic comments.

Yeah, he thinks all the fans showing him support are just "great." (And he sounded so convincing about that too!)

I tend to believe Pelini doesn't hate the fans as a whole. He hates the minority that vocalize their displeasure and attack his players. Unfortunately, that minority has grown over the past few years and his players have had the pressure turned up on them. Don't think the players haven't heard it, even after they graduate...

I know Bo can't worry about everything that anyone says but to see this come from our own fans.... it makes me fight harder to support Bo and the team. Crazy to think that people will actually write this stuff knowing that their names are attached to it and others can see how the "fans" who post it really are. Hope this dude gets a nice cold shoulder from co-workers/friends for his moronic comments.

Yeah, he thinks all the fans showing him support are just "great." (And he sounded so convincing about that too!)

Yea, that was the part of the press conference that really did bother me.

Pelini's comments have more to do with the media agenda than anything else.

I'd really like to believe that. But I kind of feel like a jilted lover when hearing those statements in combination with that stupid audio tape coming out this year.

People are way too soft today. I don't condone what he did on the sideline because that looked like it almost hit the ref, but I have no problem with what he said at halftime.

Every f'ing coach in America has moments like that at halftime. Pelini isn't alone in that category.

Everyone has to deal with dumb questions and dumb people. Doesn't mean you have to act like he does. Be an adult and in control of yourself. Something that he often does not excel at.

okay, front and center: i'm a bo supporter and don't think he should be fired. then again, i never thought solich should have been fired but whatevs.

bohl coached back-to-back FCS teams at NDSU and the Bison are #1 seed this year. whatever his issues were as a coach when he was run out of town in 2k2, he's become a way better at his trade over the last decade.

and he's done it with Nebraska-born players. he's made no secret of the fact that he poaches the state left, right and center. in fact, if calvin strong isn't picked-up by nebraska, i fully expect NDSU to make a play for him.

you could do worse than bohl.

of course, NDSU isn't without its baggage. make of that what you will.

if pelini is gone, get rid of him now. start healing the program now. if he's not gone, then freaking say so, move on and let him focus on next year.

giving pelini "enough rope so he can hang himself" is bs. sh*t or get off the pot. it's that simple.

Edited by hack

I'd really like to believe that. But I kind of feel like a jilted lover when hearing those statements in combination with that stupid audio tape coming out this year.

I'm long over that audio. And one reason Pelini was ranting was because of a media reporter.....well, actually two media reporters. Editorials sell more papers and advertising than news evidently.

media agenda? give me a break. bo has done nothing to garner support from the fans or media. that is his agenda. to create this baffling us vs. them mentality. and them includes everyone but the players and coaches.

I'm a fan and fully support Pelini. My caring level about media support is low. The job of the media is ratings and revenue.....not Husker football.

• Fire 1