We need a definitive statement from Eichorst

The time to kill firing/resignation rumors was during the past two weeks. They let an obvioiusly unhealthy situation fester, rather than get behind Bo. Unless Steve and Harvey are just idiots I think that is telling and they were at-least considering firing Bo. If the die wasn't already cast I'd say today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Hell Bo sounds like he's thinks the hook is coming.

I've had the feeling for weeks that BO looks like he's mentally and physically exhausted. I don't think Bo was told he wasn't coming back but I do think that he wasn't given any assurances either.

He was just given a contract extension last season. What more does he want? If he doesn't act like a lunatic against Iowa he keeps his job.

The time to kill firing/resignation rumors was during the past two weeks. They let an obvioiusly unhealthy situation fester, rather than get behind Bo. Unless Steve and Harvey are just idiots I think that is telling and they were at-least considering firing Bo. If the die wasn't already cast I'd say today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Hell Bo sounds like he's thinks the hook is coming.

I've had the feeling for weeks that BO looks like he's mentally and physically exhausted. I don't think Bo was told he wasn't coming back but I do think that he wasn't given any assurances either.

He was just given a contract extension last season. What more does he want? If he doesn't act like a lunatic against Iowa he keeps his job.

Contract extensions don't really hold too much weight in college athletics. If an AD really wants you gone they will find a way to buy you out. With Bo calling a meeting to discuss his status I would assume there must be come concern.

Ferentz was a bigger lunatic than Bo.....not sure if TV showed it...probably not, since it wasn't Bo....but he had to be restrained by 3 assistant coaches and looked like he was at a boxing presser....literally fighting with assistants to get at ref....for minutes.....total loss of control.....no flag...and probably no tv coverage.....Bo needed to act crazy....the place was a like a funeral and his team got screwed..... How come no one blames a basketball coach for drawing an intentional technical to get crowd and team fired up... Bo didn't do it on purpose, but it was warranted.

Serious question. I know Tressel has a show cause which includes a bowl ban. If (big if) he is hired as our next HC before this years bowl game, would that count as the bowl he would sit for?

hes a teacher now at Akron and is enjoying is new career field

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10042414/former-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-jim-tressel-embracing-life-second-career-instructor-akron-university

The thing that worries me is we don't know Eichorst's view on Bo or what he wants to do with this program. He could have had his mind made up before the season started. He and Professor Snape (Pearldouche) may be cooking up their own thing. It starts at the top. Eichorst has nothing to worry about if he pulls the trigger on Bo, and Pearlman wanted that to happen.

With the rumors and speculation coupled with the previous coaching and even AD search, I would like to think that all sides (Harv and Eich) have learned a lesson and have a candidate in mind who has signed a non-disclosure and has agreed in part to accepting the NU job. (Dependent that the admn wanted Bo fired to begin with).

If Bo is fired with no one having already been contacted and committed, we are screwed. If this is the case then those above Bo need to pack as well.

I was fully for keeping Bo even after that game today. But his presser was absolutely ridiculous. As he pointed out, Ferentz was even more ridiculous towards the refs than Bo was during the game, so he could have easily moved past what happened. Instead he has a total meltdown and alienated practically everyone who was supporting him. He's made it impossible for the admin to keep him. It's absolutely mind-boggling unless he's done with Nebraska and just wants out.

P.S. I couldn't take Tressel being our HC. I'm not sure there's any good candidates out there, but I still don't want Tressel.

Ferentz was a bigger lunatic than Bo.....not sure if TV showed it...probably not, since it wasn't Bo....but he had to be restrained by 3 assistant coaches and looked like he was at a boxing presser....literally fighting with assistants to get at ref....for minutes.....total loss of control.....no flag...and probably no tv coverage.....Bo needed to act crazy....the place was a like a funeral and his team got screwed..... How come no one blames a basketball coach for drawing an intentional technical to get crowd and team fired up... Bo didn't do it on purpose, but it was warranted.

I personally could care less how Ferentz acted. That's like a kid telling his parents, "I failed a test, but Johnny failed too so it's okay". Ferentz coaches at Iowa, Bo coaches at Nebraska, we have a higher standard to uphold here. And Bo has consistently made a joke of this program.