From Shawn Eichorst

I am ok with giving Bo 1-2 more years. Yes this year didn't go as planned, but we saw a defense get better throughout the year with alot of first year players and a bunch of first year contributors on an offense riddled with injuries. The future looks bright, and I would like to see Bo have his chance with these players.

We hear the same tired sh#t every year. You know what I saw at the game? A lot of empty seats. Not just the student section. It will continue next year. This is the least hopeful I've ever been about the direction of our program. We're a national laughing stock. I'm glad so many are okay with that.

• Fire 1

This may be nothing more than Eichorst showing his support thru the bowl season. It's still possible Eichorst is searching for a replacement and will make the changes following our bowl game.

i hope not. that would be horrible. you have to move fast so the new guy can get his ducks in a row and start recruiting. and, honestly, it would be unfair to bo. he needs to move on and figure out what he can do.

True but Eichorst may have made his decision already but can't "officially" do anything until after the bowl game. This is assuming of course the "replacement" is or will be coaching in a bowl game as well. Purely hypothetical on my part of course.

after rereading the entire release, there are certainly some vagaries there. it was a very diplomatic thing to say to at least get us to the bowl game. but i think it would be a colossal mistake not to make the change as soon as possible, if you are going to replace bo.

I have a habit of reading into things too much at times. We'll know for sure after the bowl game

When an AD remains so tight-lipped through most of a season with a question looming so large, I suspect we had better hang on every word. It is unlikely there will BE many words.

My guess is this is as good as saying, "Pelini WILL be here next year. UNLESS there is off the field behavior from the coach that makes us really question him or some legal problem."

In other words, I think Pelini is the coach next year. If that is the case, I will dutifully line up and support the man, hope for some other coaching changes, and so on. In fact, with the benefit of some time to cool off, I wonder if some new coordinator(s) would be the answer after all. If anyone can 'force' such a change, I bet it's a brand new AD. Gives Pelini an 'out' by saying, "Sorry, I had no choice. It was either you or ALL of us, including all your friends."

I am ok with giving Bo 1-2 more years. Yes this year didn't go as planned, but we saw a defense get better throughout the year with alot of first year players and a bunch of first year contributors on an offense riddled with injuries. The future looks bright, and I would like to see Bo have his chance with these players.

he has had 6 years, so why just only give him 1-2? and why now? year after year we have been disappointed in our seasons, but "the future is bright" always. and we always have some problems that will be fixed next year, or the schedule will be more favorable next year. also next year. so why just 1-2 more year?

he has been given one more year for a few years now. let us just be honest and get it out of the way. i say he gets 10-20 more years right now.

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

• Fire 5

Even with a bode of confidence from his boss we still can't stop talking about his future. Buck up and support the program. This sort of.stuff is that's is killing our program. What kind of coach would want to come here and deal with this crap. Go finish this recruiting class and beat Texas. Let's move forward. Btw, our defense next year could be pretty salty.

• Fire 1

We hear the same tired sh#t every year. You know what I saw at the game? A lot of empty seats. Not just the student section. It will continue next year. This is the least hopeful I've ever been about the direction of our program. We're a national laughing stock. I'm glad so many are okay with that.

we are closer to losing the sellout streak than people want to believe. keeping a coach that is so dedicated to being combative and pugnacious with the fan-base certainly does not help.

I, for one, look forward to a mistake riddled bowl performance. It's really entertaining when I can almost pinpoint the moments the team will have a penalty, fumble, interception or horrific special teams play. Gives me something else to do instead of shake my head in disgust. But hey, these kids will run through a wall for Bo but learning and playing fundamentally sound football is where they draw the line.

Picking out the horrific special teams plays are easy. It's every time the other team punts.

Great post.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

I completely agree with this. Bo was asking for the ax to collect his payday. One more big middle finger to the state.

i honestly think bo is just over his head as a head coach here. i think he is out of ideas. he has not grown as a head coach as i had expected him to when he first got here.

• Fire 1