From Shawn Eichorst

We hear the same tired sh#t every year. You know what I saw at the game? A lot of empty seats. Not just the student section. It will continue next year. This is the least hopeful I've ever been about the direction of our program. We're a national laughing stock. I'm glad so many are okay with that.

we are closer to losing the sellout streak than people want to believe. keeping a coach that is so dedicated to being combative and pugnacious with the fan-base certainly does not help.

What I saw from the fans yesterday was pathetic. The sell-out streak is a joke. Everyone knows it. It's hilarious when they announced it and we all looked around and saw all the empty seats in the student section and around us. It made for an enjoyable experience I guess because I wasn't squished in my seat like normal. Sooner or later the boosters are going to quit buying up all the extra tickets.

I am not hearing any leaks concerning boosters. Does anyone have any info? Could it be that SE is trying to get the boosters to pitch in more money for the buyout?

Eichorst is shrewd like a fox.

Pelini clearly is struggling and was basically begging to be fired so he can collect his $7 million. With this, Eichorst is calling Bo's bluff and putting him right back in the fire. You can't stand the heat, Bo? Quit. Because Eichorst ain't gonna bail you out that easily.

Eichorst may well be counting on Bo doing something so insane that he can legitimately be fired for cause. The odds are pretty good.

But is Eichorst making the right decision based on the needs on the program or is he willing to allow the program to possibly derail further just to prove a point? If what you theorize is true, then IMO this is nothing more than a "mine is bigger than yours" attitude and does nothing to help the program either way

Eichorst is taking a long view of the program. He doesn't give two sh#ts about Bo. He's looking at the buyout and wants to make sure that IF he pulls the trigger, he has a majority of booster/fan support and is not going to take us out of the frying pan an into the fire.

I really, really think Bo wants to leave. I think he hates it here. I think Bo was really hoping he would get fired so that the misery would end. Eichorst is in no rush, so why not make Bo sit in the smokehouse a little longer? Breathe it in, Bo; breathe it in. If you think Iowa was bad, wait till Bo marinates in this for a month and plays a pissed of Big 12 team in the BWW bowl. On Thursday, Bo was under the local media microscope. Now, he's under the national media's microscope. Maybe the sudden realization that he's still going to have to coach this team makes Bo amenable to resigning in exchange for a reduced buyout. The possibilities are endless.

If Bo hangs on, it's only going to get worse. Eichorst is not going to renew his contract, so recruiting is going to wither. Soon, we'll start having losing seasons. Bo will be the laughing stock of the coaching community and will be regarded by everyone in Nebraska as the enemy of the state. At that point, it becomes very easy and much cheaper to get rid of him. This might be against the short-term best interests of Nebraska, but again, Eichorst is taking a long view. The short term is not as much his concern.

Bo is done at Nebraska. The only question is how long Eichorst is going to let him languish on death row before he flips the switch.

Well if that is the final decision I guess there is nothing we can do but hope he is able to make the necessary changes that have to be made.

But realistically, I don't think that will happen and we will be back here again next year having the same discussions. Delaying the inevitable?

Bo is going to be in trouble if the competition improves. he has benefited from weak schedules the last couple of years.

Someone in another thread posted next years schedule (which is more difficult than this year's), they had it projected out at something like 7-5 or 6-6. Those numbers sound pretty reasonable, which will put us right back where we are now. I just don't see where the vast improvements come next year.

I believe Beck is an exception because Bo has no offensive experience and therefore that whole side of the ball becomes Beck's baby.

Therefore, any offensive flaws fall right on Beck's doorstep.

But then again, you can play the chicken/egg game, because Bo chose to hire Beck...

this is true. but i really do not mind beck. he just needs an offense that does not turn the ball over. .

We officially just became Iowa. Great.

I would go on a rant.......if I cared anymore, but I don't. It would be extremely counter-productive for me to care more than our AD or HC. They aren't changing so I will. #apathy

yup. this is what bo has done. but hey, the bo supporters are happy we can expect 9 wins (maybe).

No one who supports Bo is happy about this. We want and demand that Nebraska achieves more, just some of us believe Bo has made improvements since he has been here and is close to bringing us back to where we need to be.

This team will continue to play the same mistake-prone, shoot yourself in the foot style of ball we've all grown to love year after year until a new regime comes in.

Between the mistakes and inability for the same team to show up every week prepared and ready to play (sigh-- I wish we showed up ready to dominate like we used to), there's several wrongs Bo has to right ON THE FIELD before this team ever truly becomes anything. And that's excluding the childish off the field crap.

Yep. This drama has just been postponed is all.

I agree with this. Pelini had numerous injuries this year and despite everything fielded a very competitive team. The D improved a great deal between the beginning of the year through the Iowa game. Absolutely no problem with Bo coming back next year.

The defense only improved because Bo played a horrible scheme in the beginning of the season and NU was ranked near the bottom defensively. Look at the trend of NU's end of season rankings. It is going down. We do not even expect NU to be a pre-season top 20 team anymore.

I, for one, look forward to a mistake riddled bowl performance. It's really entertaining when I can almost pinpoint the moments the team will have a penalty, fumble, interception or horrific special teams play. Gives me something else to do instead of shake my head in disgust. But hey, these kids will run through a wall for Bo but learning and playing fundamentally sound football is where they draw the line.

Thank god for you sir.

PLEASE forward your resume and qualifications to Eichorst.

Then maybe you can become a positve influence for this site and diminish the overwhelming amount of negativity.

I sometimes feel the only way to satisfy some posters would be 13-0 seasons with 13 shutouts, no penalties, mistakes or injuries.

333 sellouts speaks to something. When the fans stop coming, we then have a problem. Til then, voice your opinion, but support the players, staff and admin

I believe Beck is an exception because Bo has no offensive experience and therefore that whole side of the ball becomes Beck's baby.

Therefore, any offensive flaws fall right on Beck's doorstep.

But then again, you can play the chicken/egg game, because Bo chose to hire Beck...

this is true. but i really do not mind beck. he just needs an offense that does not turn the ball over. .

I'm in the same boat. I'm ready to be done with him though because I don't think he can actually get that done, and it's his job.

We officially just became Iowa. Great.

I would go on a rant.......if I cared anymore, but I don't. It would be extremely counter-productive for me to care more than our AD or HC. They aren't changing so I will. #apathy

yup. this is what bo has done. but hey, the bo supporters are happy we can expect 9 wins (maybe).

No one who supports Bo is happy about this. We want and demand that Nebraska achieves more, just some of us believe Bo has made improvements since he has been here and is close to bringing us back to where we need to be.

Not being a smarta** here, serious quesiton. What have we improved on in the last six years that leads you to believe we are close to being back? Other than the recruiting which I believe has improved.

I, for one, look forward to a mistake riddled bowl performance. It's really entertaining when I can almost pinpoint the moments the team will have a penalty, fumble, interception or horrific special teams play. Gives me something else to do instead of shake my head in disgust. But hey, these kids will run through a wall for Bo but learning and playing fundamentally sound football is where they draw the line.

Thank god for you sir.

PLEASE forward your resume and qualifications to Eichorst.

Then maybe you can become a positve influence for this site and diminish the overwhelming amount of negativity.

I sometimes feel the only way to satisfy some posters would be 13-0 seasons with 13 shutouts, no penalties, mistakes or injuries.

333 sellouts speaks to something. When the fans stop coming, we then have a problem. Til then, voice your opinion, but support the players, staff and admin

No. I never mentioned a thing about win-loss record. I would be satisfied with performing to a level fundamentally that a high school team can achieve. No national championships, nothing involving wins or losses. Just fundamentally sound football where Nebraska does not beat itself.

And can I only voice my opinion if it is in support of the staff? I'm pretty sure I voiced my opinion.

The problem is that the Bo apologists have a quiver of excuses ready for every season. This year it was "injuries." (Though, as a factual matter, I actually don't think the injuries have been that much above average.) Next year it will (again) be a young offensive line.

The point is you can literally look at any season at any program and come up with excuses (youth, injuries, new scheme, etc.). But short of NCAA sanctions, there is rarely a legitimate excuse for a coach to underachieve. And when you factor in the counter excuses (namely the pathetic schedule), we have simply underachieved.

The real irony is that in the unlikely event Pelini does actually turn the corner and get some success, he's going to jump ship faster than you can say, "Bo don't go!" All the bizarre loyalty from the Husker fans will be rewarded with a middle finger from Pelini as he laughs all the way to the SEC.

I laugh at the youth excuse on defense. Who was responsible for keeping these kids on the bench last year? Who is responsible for recruiting?

Monday's press conference ought to be really fun.

This looks to me like Eichorst is preparing two documents for Bo, one being a resignation paper with a reduced buyout and one being a show cause termination. There's just no way he lets himself be emasculated like this after Bo's antics.