In which areas do you actually expect improvement in 2014?

Ulty

In which areas do you actually expect improvement in 2014?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dude, you posted something about bo saying something at his press conference that lead you to doubt that he would make any changes. do you know what i am talking about, or am i crazy?

The first question he took was about the mistakes that have been plaguing the team, and he interrupted the guy to retort "those mistakes plague any team".

If that's what you're thinking of. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but if you can't even recognize or admit there's problems, they sure as hell won't be fixed.

that is it. thank you.

he was probably just being irrationally defensive, but comments like that are concerning.

If Els is fired

I'm cherry-picking part of a quote and potentially taking it out of context, but why do people want Els fired? Why just not reassigned?

Probably the hope of potentially bringing in somebody who can better coach linebackers and/or special teams, as he's been largely ineffective in both roles. What do you suggest?

Largely ineffective with the LBs? You're not serious are you? I think he's done a great job with the linebackers. I'd rather have him reassigned to just position coach.

If Els is fired

I'm cherry-picking part of a quote and potentially taking it out of context, but why do people want Els fired? Why just not reassigned?

Probably the hope of potentially bringing in somebody who can better coach linebackers and/or special teams, as he's been largely ineffective in both roles. What do you suggest?

Largely ineffective with the LBs? You're not serious are you? I think he's done a great job with the linebackers. I'd rather have him reassigned to just position coach.

I thought David was great the day he stepped on campus, but if you want to give Els credit for developing him then I see your point.

Otherwise, yeah, I think we can do better.

It will be very literally impossible to not improve at punt returning.

If we can't fix that to some extent I might gouge my eyes out next year.

Well then we can assume your dual cornea transplant was recently successful. No way you made it through this punting season without gouging them out once already.

Offense could be a little tough. Losing some key pieces on our line will hurt. We lose Sirles, Qvale, Rodriguez, Long (Injured), and Pensick. Our QBs next year don't have much game experience besides Armstrong who struggled mightily. And losing Enunwa and Jake Long could hurt the passing game. Beck needs to settle down with the play calls and stick to the run.

The on the field talent for the defense will be more experienced. Hopefully, more experience will equal better play...but that isn't a given.

Having four or five offensive lineman limping up to the line of scrimmage (while three or four are in boots, on crutches or wearing braces) will hopefully not be a part of next year.

Coaching...I don't know. In the case of the coaches, I guess I don't see where improvement is coming with experience. We need a team that isn't in the middle of a learning curve four games into a season. "The process" of learning the defense should be complete by opening kickoff the first game. We need an offense that doesn't have to take what the defense gives us, we need one that imposes itself on the opposing team. (Remember running an option play with our backup I-back on 4th and 8 that scored a touchdown in the Orange Bowl? No relying on tricks or overthinking the problem there, Mr Beck. We were Nebraska, and that was what we did...very, very, well)

I sometimes think that these coaches are a two steps behind the fans and media when it comes to identifying problems...really. People were grumbling about the punt returns two or three weeks before it finally reared up and bit us in the @ss during the Iowa game. No effort to change that bewildering strategy was evident when it was identified.

That being said about the coaches, I think Pelini and company have assembled a promising team for next year. Let's see if they can coach it up to its potential.

I sometimes think that these coaches are a two steps behind the fans and media when it comes to identifying problems...really. People were grumbling about the punt returns two or three weeks before it finally reared up and bit us in the @ss during the Iowa game. No effort to change that bewildering strategy was evident when it was identified

Coaches are not going to publicly identify problems. You won't hear a coach say "we're not going to be very good in our punt return game". And they talked about some of the impending changes last month in one of the Big Red breakfasts.

dude, you posted something about bo saying something at his press conference that lead you to doubt that he would make any changes. do you know what i am talking about, or am i crazy?

The first question he took was about the mistakes that have been plaguing the team, and he interrupted the guy to retort "those mistakes plague any team".

If that's what you're thinking of. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but if you can't even recognize or admit there's problems, they sure as hell won't be fixed.

that is it. thank you.

he was probably just being irrationally defensive, but comments like that are concerning.

He should have responded with:

uXCoYqH.gif