We are divided

Good points. Part of me makes me think that the administration is on the same page simply because they have to be right now. I believe there was some truth to the rumors about Eichorst sending feelers to potential coaches. Bo did not act as if he was on the same page after the Iowa game. I do not know why he would make the comment "If they want to fire me, they can fire me" if he did not think it was a possibility. It is very possible that they did not have a proven coach lined up so we are just kind of stuck in this situation. Now that everything is out on the table we can move forward, but the uncertainty was not healthy for the program.

There might not be a complete divide in the fan base, but we are far from being united.

"If they want to fire me, they can fire me"

Maybe its my personality too, but there comes a point in any situation where you really have no idea what to expect. I throw this quote in to the category of "I'm tired of the question, if they are going to fire me now, there isn't much to be done about it." Anyone puts up a wall on a particular subject, and like anyone else goes home to his own thoughts. Maybe he didn't care, maybe he does care, maybe both, but the words are not what is most telling to me. The context in which it was used does. He was tired of it all.

I believe there was some truth to the rumors about Eichorst sending feelers to potential coaches.

I guess belief is just like faith in that you hope? I know that there was a post brought up earlier about something like this, and it just doesn't make sense. In today day an age, you don't put feelers out there without people not knowing. Or that its very unlikely that it gets by without people not knowing. With so many people wanting to be the one that "knows" something and they have to share it, I would bet it would be all over the place by now.

In Eichorst statement he was pretty clear that if he had said something earlier than what he did, and that he still talked earlier than what he wanted to, but he felt people would create some sort of benchmark.

Hell, as soon as he did say something people were already trying to read into what he said saying that oh he is leaving the door open for something after the bowl game.

I don't know anything, and hell maybe he's smarter than all of us. He is a Moneyball type of a guy.

I've said this a few times, but it is in the end what I think.

8-4 record. Is it perfect? No. But I really don't care. There are tons of reasons why we lost to Iowa... short week, injuries, some lack of motivation aside from one more win and a bit better bowl. Would not feel a ton better at 9-3.

Future... I can see one where Nebraska is pretty darn good. We got a couple of QBs for a good competition. Got some guys that really developed on D. The RB that red shirted this year should be a good one.

So why am I trying to find a way to still be excited about the future with Bo.... cause he's a jerk.

Bo is on record as hating the fans. He hates the media. He blames everyone but himself for whatever shortcomings. And he rages on the sideline like a lunatic.

I get tired of defending him to non-Husker fans.

And he makes the losses worse. Can we just lose without the drama of Bo acting like like an idiot.

I am hoping the offseason will spur me to be a Husker fan just because I won't hear the man speak for months. That would help.

When it comes to PR, the man is a moron.

And it's just about to the point where I don't enjoy Husker football for that very reason.

Quincy "I Need One" Enunwa

Decent year, but too many drops. And I swear he takes himself out of the game every other play. *taps helmet*

In talking to some of the recent former players, they all tend to think that the guys (especially the young ones) put too much pressure on themselves to be perfect. They mentioned how a guy would make one mistake, then dwell on it and continue to make minor mental errors that actually cost the team more. It happened with Taylor his freshman year and has been recently seen in Armstrong, Westy and Jamal Turner. They all agree that the guys have the talent but said those guys worry about the backlash from fans, friends and classmates too much. The former players said that it wasn't until they hit their later half of their junior years until they started caring less about making a mistake and started to "just play to have fun with my friends." As they put it, "by that time, we knew our time as players with the team was winding down and in order to have fun, we had to take a [D-Generation X action] 'suck it' approach to the outsiders and just have fun together." <-- Just so happened that the team played much better when that mindset came in.

Surprisingly, the guys said that they didn't necessarily worry about the backlash of making a mistake from coaches because it 'wasn't really any different than high school coaches calling you out in a film session.' Each former player said that they are excited for this group and just hope the team can be durable because they have quite a bit of talent coming along and they are finally figuring out some of the Big Ten dynamics.

In response to the Q *tap out*, I tend to think he does that because he wants to re-focus and forget about the previous play. Sometimes he is winded or hurting for sure but I think his way of trying to forget about the previous play is to step out, let a more focused receiver come in and return after he can play with a clear mind. That is just my theory so take that for what it's worth.

Yep, not as easy as "left side right side".

I can guarantee you that some above who don't think Bo can fix the problems would love to be proven wrong and have Bo get this team to be competitive in every game without the dumb and continuous mistakes that people are labeling systemic. I also fall into that category and will cheer for the Huskers every game and hope like hell Bo figures it all out. I can deal with his hot headed nature as it shows he is vested in the kids and the game but I can't deal with excuses to carry into the next season and then the next and then the next. At some point, Bo and his staff has to figure out how to fix the issues we see weekly and have grown to expect as just part of who we are!

I do not understand why fans like me and others on this board are looked at as people who have unrealistic expectations?

Is it because we have not ever accepted the "New way of thinking" whereby 4 players or teams enter into a tournament and all 4 get trophies for competing?

Not sure but like others have mentioned I too will support the Huskers in football as well as every other sport!

My allegiance is to the institution not the coaches behind the team! Thus I guess I am not in the Boliever or the Boleaver camps but the Bowildered?

• Fire 2
I've heard just the opposite from many fans who don't get into posting on these message boards. Most are tired of the bad results on the field, and also not pleased with Bo's many tantrums. If they had a choice, he would be gone.

I'm shocked that random fans that we have no idea about, whom we have never heard from, have an opinion that allegedly supports your opinion. Shocked I tell you.

Especially when the majority of the ones i have talked to (but you have no idea if they are real or not) have the exact opposite opinion.

• Fire 3

Trying to be civil.

There is a wedge driven between our fans right now.

In my opinion, I think that Bo is an average coach and a poor representative of Nebraska. The other side of the spectrum is behind Bo 100%. Each side makes fair points and I respect everyone's opinion. Has there ever been such a polarizing figure in Nebraska football (or state) history?

We are at the point now where each side has differing views on what is acceptable and what is not.

The Boleavers say: We have no identity, we are regressing, we are irrelevant, Bo is an embarrassment, we can do better, we deserve better.

The Bolievers say: College football has changed, its not the 90s, we expect too much, Bo's players and their families love him, his "embarrassing" actions do not matter, the media has always been against him.

Right now, we are a program in turmoil. No one is right or wrong. One side is desperate, the other side is just apathetic to what Nebraska football has become. Right now, a 13-year-old Nebraskan has never experienced a conference championship. This is all the younger generation of Husker fans know. If something does not happen soon we will slowly fall further into the abyss.

That tells me what side you are on. Get out of the 90's bud. ;)

Turmoil is consistently losing seasons. We are 1 of 4 schools that has not won less than 9 games since 2008. That is not turmoil.

That is where we disagree. For me, it is not just what we do it is how we do it. As for that stat you posted, it could very well end this year. Lots of people are picking out my use of the word turmoil so maybe that was not a good word choice. At the very least, I do not think we have any momentum and we have stagnated. I believe that to be a serious issue. I think that our national perception matters and others do not.

As for the wedge, it is debatable as to which side it leans. You cannot ignore the elephant in the room. Most of the people that I talk to on a daily basis agree with me. An online poll was pretty even after 15,000 votes. That says something.

As Mr. Terrell Clinkscales said it best

“Everybody showed a lot of love and it’s a great feeling knowing that coach Bo isn’t going anywhere,” he said. “That statement said he wasn’t going anywhere. It’s kind of hard to release a guy that’s won 70 percent of his games. He’s a great coach. What people don’t realize is Nebraska was winning games with kids that normally wouldn’t be playing this year. Guys like a third string quarterback or a scout team offensive line? That’s pretty amazing. That shows what type of coach he is.”

For me personally I saw a young defense grow and mature this season, I'm very excited for the future of this defense, going to be something special. As for the Offense we have one of the best backs in the country who ran behind a decimated offensive line for half the season. Bo is starting to bring in the right players and I'm excited for the future.......Pass the Koolaid

• Fire 1

Has there ever been such a polarizing figure in Nebraska football (or state) history?

Charlie Starkweather

Tom Osborne?

Taylor Martinez?

William Jennings Bryan?

Tommy Lee?

/ Or Tommy Lee's tutor? LOL

Trying to be civil.

There is a wedge driven between our fans right now.

In my opinion, I think that Bo is an average coach and a poor representative of Nebraska. The other side of the spectrum is behind Bo 100%. Each side makes fair points and I respect everyone's opinion. Has there ever been such a polarizing figure in Nebraska football (or state) history?

We are at the point now where each side has differing views on what is acceptable and what is not.

The Boleavers say: We have no identity, we are regressing, we are irrelevant, Bo is an embarrassment, we can do better, we deserve better.

The Bolievers say: College football has changed, its not the 90s, we expect too much, Bo's players and their families love him, his "embarrassing" actions do not matter, the media has always been against him.

Right now, we are a program in turmoil. No one is right or wrong. One side is desperate, the other side is just apathetic to what Nebraska football has become. Right now, a 13-year-old Nebraskan has never experienced a conference championship. This is all the younger generation of Husker fans know. If something does not happen soon we will slowly fall further into the abyss.

That tells me what side you are on. Get out of the 90's bud. ;)

Turmoil is consistently losing seasons. We are 1 of 4 schools that has not won less than 9 games since 2008. That is not turmoil.

That is where we disagree. For me, it is not just what we do it is how we do it. As for that stat you posted, it could very well end this year. Lots of people are picking out my use of the word turmoil so maybe that was not a good word choice. At the very least, I do not think we have any momentum and we have stagnated. I believe that to be a serious issue. I think that our national perception matters and others do not.

As for the wedge, it is debatable as to which side it leans. You cannot ignore the elephant in the room. Most of the people that I talk to on a daily basis agree with me. An online poll was pretty even after 15,000 votes. That says something.

As Mr. Terrell Clinkscales said it best

“Everybody showed a lot of love and it’s a great feeling knowing that coach Bo isn’t going anywhere,” he said. “That statement said he wasn’t going anywhere. It’s kind of hard to release a guy that’s won 70 percent of his games. He’s a great coach. What people don’t realize is Nebraska was winning games with kids that normally wouldn’t be playing this year. Guys like a third string quarterback or a scout team offensive line? That’s pretty amazing. That shows what type of coach he is.”

For me personally I saw a young defense grow and mature this season, I'm very excited for the future of this defense, going to be something special. As for the Offense we have one of the best backs in the country who ran behind a decimated offensive line for half the season. Bo is starting to bring in the right players and I'm excited for the future.......Pass the Koolaid

Couldn't have expressed my feelings better. I was nervous after last year but was pleased with the way Bo coached this year. Had a lot of adversity and managed to have a respectable season and was still very close to a BIG title game birth.

"Bo's on record hating the fans and the media"

No he isn't. That was a private conversation where an angry coach expressed his "not true" feelings. How dare the "leaker" make that tape where he actually said those things public! The horror! The outrage!!!!!!!!!

The Bolievers are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. These people dont live in reality. Its no different than someone sending you a tape of your wife cheating on you and you defending her right to do it.

"Bo's on record hating the fans and the media"

No he isn't. That was a private conversation where an angry coach expressed his "not true" feelings. How dare the "leaker" make that tape where he actually said those things public! The horror! The outrage!!!!!!!!!

The Bolievers are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. These people dont live in reality. Its no different than someone sending you a tape of your wife cheating on you and you defending her right to do it.

post-24051-slow-mo-slam-dunk-fail-gif-pJyz.gif

• Fire 1