players leaving the program

74Hunter

Nebraska is not immune to attrition. Google "college football attrition rates" and see how common this conversation is at every school.

While this is true, I can't wait to see how this will get spun into a "Bo can't even keep his players that would supposedly fight Satan alongside him" ordeal

Well to be fair. Only Kenny Bell said that. Maybe some of the other players don't want any part of Beelzebub.

We only need Kenny Bell to defeat Beelzebub. Oh, and Tebow. Hire that guy as a grad assistant ASAP.

I thought you only had to say his name three times to defeat Beelzebub?

That's beetlejuice, Im afraid.

• Fire 1
Did they actually say that players were leaving, or did they say we had scholarships opening up?

There's a difference and I've heard some non-contributors are going off scholarship.

I think they were talking about non contributors, and that was my question.

Our scholarships are 4 year deals so they won't revoke those. We probably have some guys that have been here four years and red-shirted but graduated that aren't coming back. I think they were also referring to guys who are med. red-shirting and done. And we might have a couple that aren't happy with playing time.

Our scholarships are 4 year deals so they won't revoke those. We probably have some guys that have been here four years and red-shirted but graduated that aren't coming back. I think they were also referring to guys who are med. red-shirting and done. And we might have a couple that aren't happy with playing time.

Are you talking about us honoring them for four years or the actual four-year contract that was put in a year or two ago? Never heard much about that.

Are you talking about us honoring them for four years or the actual four-year contract that was put in a year or two ago? Never heard much about that.

Honoring the schollies. The 4 year contract scholarship debate got killed by the smaller schools in D1A.

Honoring the schollies. The 4 year contract scholarship debate got killed by the smaller schools in D1A.

NU give 4 year scholarships period. Doesn't matter if you start or are 5th string. You start with one as a freshman its yours. The only ones that are year to year are the ones offered out to walkons.

Perish the thought. All of Bo's players have unconditional love for their coach. They'd play against Satan, leave the program forever if Bo is so much reprimanded, and are petioning to change the name to the NeBOraska Bornhuskers.

But in reality I've only heard of Jay Guy on the board.

Not an insider but I haven't heard good things about Charles Jackson returning.. Take this worth a grain of salt.

Tried to do some checking here. Sounds like they still plan to have him. I was told they want to move him and need him at CB. But...who knows. I know he was frustrated so maybe he didn't like the idea of not playing safety.

NU give 4 year scholarships period. Doesn't matter if you start or are 5th string. You start with one as a freshman its yours. The only ones that are year to year are the ones offered out to walkons.

That may be true, but it's not a rule. That's what I'm saying.

Thanks. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if the proposed rule change ever went anywhere.