Thoughts on Ohio State/Missouri Tomorrow

No way can I root for Ohio State.....EVER! I understand it would make the big ten look better, but really wouldn't this kind of be a fake perception? Most teams in the big ten do need to get better. A lot better.

I would love to see Missouri win. To me they are still a big 12 team. They haven't been in the SEC long enough to claim they are an SEC team. I would like to see a basically big 12 offense that supposedly can't score on the "tough SEC defense", and a big 12 defense that supposedly "can't stop anyone, all they play is offense in the big 12" beat up on Auburn.

I would love for ESPN and the SEC lovers to eat crow, but who am I kidding? They will talk of Mizzou as a new SEC powerhouse, and not from a good big 12 conference!

Tonight is a no-lose situation.

If Bucky wins.......we will rationalize the whole....."good for our conference train of thought, etc."

If Bucky loses..............how can you not be happy when the Urbanite gets spanked?

If Mizzou wins......pretty much guarantees NO SEC team wins the title.

If Mizzou loses.........see Urbanite answer above, but extrapolate it to the entire Mizzou fan base.

I'm going to bed happy under any circumstances !

I'll be pulling for tOSU because I think that would be best for the B1G. Plus I don't feel MSU is very good so being for them would be an exercise in futility.

I will also be pulling for Mizzou. I still like to see Big 8 teams (sans CU) do well when it won't negatively impact us. And I hate to admit it but I like their unis this year. Beats the old calf sh#t mustard they wore back in the day. I expect this to be a barnburner of a game. Both teams are playing at a high level.

If Bucky wins.......we will rationalize the whole....."good for our conference train of thought, etc."

If Bucky loses..............how can you not be happy when the Urbanite gets spanked?

If Mizzou loses.........see Urbanite answer above, but extrapolate it to the entire Mizzou fan base.

Bucky is a badger and is Wisconsin....just an FYI

We'll accept Buckeyes, THE Ohio State University, tOSU, OSU, Bucknuts, Deez Nuts, or nuts :P

Edited by Coqui

Bucky is a badger and is Wisconsin....just an FYI

We'll accept Buckeyes, THE Ohio State University, tOSU, OSU, Bucknuts, Deez Nuts, or nuts :P

My mistake.......I meant as an abbreviation for Bucknuts or some such derivation.........

However, you really don't get to CHOOSE what others deign to label you.................just like Huskers didn't get to choose to have that idiot post the "No Pelini is better than Bo Pelini" sign behind the Game Day set this morning where it had absolutely no relevance to the broadcast and/or teams involved :rolleyes:

Meh, a Buckeye title would help one program...Ohio State. The perception would change from "the Big Ten sucks" to "the Big Ten sucks except for Ohio State". A pair of BCS bowl wins helps the conference much more overall, if MSU upsets tOSU and wins the Rose Bowl, then tOSU wins whatever bowl they would get.

If Ohio St beats Michigan St, then Ohio St has a chances at the BCS NCG and Michigan St still goes to the Rose Bowl. I would think two programs that win the BCS title and Rose Bowl is better for the conference, in general, than one winning the Rose Bowl and the other winning another BCS bowl game but no BCS NCG.

Meh, a Buckeye title would help one program...Ohio State. The perception would change from "the Big Ten sucks" to "the Big Ten sucks except for Ohio State". A pair of BCS bowl wins helps the conference much more overall, if MSU upsets tOSU and wins the Rose Bowl, then tOSU wins whatever bowl they would get.

If Ohio St beats Michigan St, then Ohio St has a chances at the BCS NCG and Michigan St still goes to the Rose Bowl. I would think two programs that win the BCS title and Rose Bowl is better for the conference, in general, than one winning the Rose Bowl and the other winning another BCS bowl game but no BCS NCG.

True, but there's no guarantee that the Rose Bowl would invite a 2-loss MSU squad that didn't win their conference