Will Bo Pelini ever win a National Championship at Nebraska (Poll)

Does Bo win a NC as Nebraska's Head Coach?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow! Never could've anticipated another cute little ad hominem in animated gif format!

. . . that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

No, I'm quite certain of what animated means. ;)

Or did you mean this one?

Definition of AD HOMINEM. 1. : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect.

Go on . . .

I'm of the opinion that Bo has three years to work magic because I do not see him getting a new contract here or a contract extension. He has three years to win a NC which I do not see happening because I believe Bo knows this as well. I would not be surprised one bit to see a 2007 like season either next year or the year after. If one hasn't liked his recruiting thus far, then they're probably going to hate how the next year or two's recruiting is. I believe Eichorst and Bo are playing chess right now. Eichorst isn't going to give in and pay Bo his money, so Bo might just very well play a hand hoping to force the issue. I can't think either is happy with the current situation.

Never mind the fact that we could be playing for one in 4 weeks if not for all the injuries.

Sounds like you actually believe this. :hmmph

I believe we would be playing for the NC if Martinez had been 100% all year. Some of the "bat$hit crazy, delusionally drunk on kool-aid" arguments almost changed my mind, but clear headed logic prevailed.

the kool-aid is strong with this 1

• Fire 1

I'm of the opinion that Bo has three years to work magic because I do not see him getting a new contract here or a contract extension. He has three years to win a NC which I do not see happening because I believe Bo knows this as well. I would not be surprised one bit to see a 2007 like season either next year or the year after. If one hasn't liked his recruiting thus far, then they're probably going to hate how the next year or two's recruiting is. I believe Eichorst and Bo are playing chess right now. Eichorst isn't going to give in and pay Bo his money, so Bo might just very well play a hand hoping to force the issue. I can't think either is happy with the current situation.

how the hell do you talk about a NC when we can't even get to a CCG?...........people amaze me here!

Right because everyone knows a national championship caliber team can in no way overcome an injury to their dynamic QB to still run the table, play for, and win the title.

It's never happened. Not once. Especially not in Nebraska.

Check your logic. I think you can find the problem. If not, I can give you some hints.

how the hell do you talk about a NC when we can't even get to a CCG?...........people amaze me here!

Can't? I thought everyone knew what that word meant.

Right because everyone knows a national championship caliber team can in no way overcome an injury to their dynamic QB to still run the table, play for, and win the title.

It's never happened. Not once. Especially not in Nebraska.

Check your logic. I think you can find the problem. If not, I can give you some hints.

This is the weirdest spambot the board has ever had.

• Fire 4

Jesus, there are some delusional people on both sides of the fence. We had no chance of winning a NC with a 100% healthy Martinez. Sorry.

That's patently false. We had a chance. Vegas even had odds on it.

But it's not hard to believe that a 100% healthy Martinez could have made a huge difference in our four losses.

We easily handled UCLA while they still believed that Martinez was a running threat. Once they figured out he wasn't, it was easy to stop him. There's no reason to believe we wouldn't have had enough offensive success in the 2nd half to win the game had Martinez been 100%. I can make the same case in all four losses.

If we were undefeated right now, we would be playing for the NC.

Does Pelini hatred blind people so much that they refuse to see this possibility?

If you've read any of my posts, Im far from a Pelini hater. That's why I said people on both sides of the fence are delusional.

Martinez can't control how the defense plays. The defense played like crap in second half UCLA and Minnesota. You need a full team: Offense, defense and special teams in order to play/win a NC game. Even with a 100% Martinez (lets even say he fixed the turnover problems he had), we still don't have the defense or special teams in order to win.

Can this be true? I've been told time and time again that TMart would never win a championship here. It didn't matter about the defense, the (non)special teams, or who the coaches are. A great QB just makes everyone great...... wow, this is news to me......

#Sarcasm