An Offensive Identity

I would be happy with something that doesn't resemble a Shawn Watson production...

It has been 6 years of WTH! when watching the O this year. One great play or series followed some of the dumbest play calling I have seen.

It'd be neat to see something that resembled a fullback every once in a while...

I would love a michigan state offense and defense. Lol.

I would take our defense over MSU's anyday.

Really? Want to find the last time MSU gave up more than 50? Pretty sure the last couple seasons no one has gotten to 30 against them.

Yes I would. Did you not see what this beat up Nebraska team did to their overrated defense? IIRC, we only lost by 13 with giving 5 turnovers, while putting more yards on them than anyone else this year. Yep, REALLY good defense there!

Also, who have they played this year who could put up 50? Their schedule was an absolute joke. They faced one ranked team this year, Michigan! Someone we also beat and only allowed 8 more total yards!

Did enough to beat us. Did enough to keep OSU contained. Ours got the doors blown off several times. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, dont mean crap. They rode their defense to 12-1 a conference championship, a top 5 ranking, and trip to the Rose Bowl.

• Fire 1

We have an identity. It's called Ameer Abdullah.

We just dont use it for whatever reason or another.

Or go away from it when it's hammer time.

That's not even fair. I'm pretty sure Ameer wasn't even born yet when it was hammer time.

• Fire 1

Did enough to beat us. Did enough to keep OSU contained. Ours got the doors blown off several times. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, dont mean crap. They rode their defense to 12-1 a conference championship, a top 5 ranking, and trip to the Rose Bowl.

Whatever you say. Their defense did enough to keep a scout team offensive line, 2nd string FRESHMAN QB, to put more yards on them than anyone else in the country. Would shoulda coulda? I think your just being argumentative now, because I didn't state anything about woulda coulda shoulda. You keep believing that they have an elite defense, better than ours, and I will believe what I believe.

BTW, we did enough to beat ourselves. 4/5 turnovers were UNFORCED. Just too hard to give MSU credit for them.

I would be happy with something that doesn't resemble a Shawn Watson production...

It has been 6 years of WTH! when watching the O this year. One great play or series followed some of the dumbest play calling I have seen.

It'd be neat to see something that resembled a fullback every once in a while...

What the hell happened to the I formation? We used it a lot last year it seemed and it was almost non existent this year.

What the hell happened to the I formation? We used it a lot last year it seemed and it was almost non existent this year.

Well, if it was working, that means we'll never see it again as long as Beck is OC...

• Fire 1

I would love a michigan state offense and defense. Lol.

I would take our defense over MSU's anyday.

Really? Want to find the last time MSU gave up more than 50? Pretty sure the last couple seasons no one has gotten to 30 against them.

Yes I would. Did you not see what this beat up Nebraska team did to their overrated defense? IIRC, we only lost by 13 with giving 5 turnovers, while putting more yards on them than anyone else this year. Yep, REALLY good defense there!

Also, who have they played this year who could put up 50? Their schedule was an absolute joke. They faced one ranked team this year, Michigan! Someone we also beat and only allowed 8 more total yards!

Does that make them the best defense in the nation?

Whatever you say. Their defense did enough to keep a scout team offensive line, 2nd string FRESHMAN QB, to put more yards on them than anyone else in the country. Would shoulda coulda? I think your just being argumentative now, because I didn't state anything about woulda coulda shoulda. You keep believing that they have an elite defense, better than ours, and I will believe what I believe.

BTW, we did enough to beat ourselves. 4/5 turnovers were UNFORCED. Just too hard to give MSU credit for them.

Because we have had success against their defense to a point does not make our defense better than theirs. Do you think our defense is capable of holding OSU to 24?

• Fire 1

The pieces are all there. I'll give Beck and the rest of the coaching staff credit, they built a well-designed offense that has the ability to use all of the pieces in an effective way. Then we get into the games, have a terrific script for the first drive on offense, and from there on out our play calls look absolutely lost. I think Beck has all the right pieces to be able to be a fantastic offensive coordinator, but he has shown time and time again that he has a terrible feel for the types of plays that need to be called in game situations. It's time to find someone to fill our OC role who knows what the hell they are doing and puts our players in a position to be successful.