NU should follow the Auburn formula. Recruit a Juco dual threat QB ASAP.

You mean we should have gotten the coach from Arkansas State before Auburn did? I knew about him because he went from HS championship with Springdale ARK to Arkansas as OC, then Tulsa but really did well at Arkansas State which is also a college rugby powerhouse.....see your problem isn't the players or the system per say, its the OC having no clue in the heat of battle....that is the biggest problem.

Lets be real clear on something:

Recruiting JUCO is a whole nother beast.

I typed a 3 paragraph response then erased it.

Lets just say you don't build a roster or real long term continuity out of the JUCO ranks.

Snyder is the exception, and one huge reason why is because he's within a few hundred miles of those places.

You're right, but we've really left ourselves in a bad place if Armstrong doesn't improve fairly significantly and/or Stanton isn't any better.

NU has two good young QB's in Armstrong and Stanton, plus more on the plate if they actually make it here.

Who?

Darlington has to be a redshirt unless emergency and that's off injury issues alone. We have a situation where we have two extremely young QBs, nobody who has assertively taken the reigns, and that's it for the competition. Numbers wise, another body can only help. A lot of recruits have flaws, but there should be no reason why with only three scholarship QBs total there isn't a schollie available to add just a fourth body to the group. Especially when the three you have are RFr, RSo, TFr. I think you send the signal that you're managing the numbers situation well and you expect everyone to compete.

LOL so wait.... you're counting out redshirt freshman johnny stanton because he didn't take the reigns? either thats one of the more ridiculous things that I have ever heard in my life or you did a poor job showing that you were being sarcastic.

This whole thread is a dam joke.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

The first time around getting Cam Newton was 1 in a million (so you're saying there's a chance) anywho.....This time around in Marshall it's more about Gus knowing what is going to work with the current team and capitalizing on it. He wasn't a big recruit out of JUCO and still doesn't have crazy numbers by any means. 12 TDs 5 INTs 60% ---damn good runner though.

Again, Gus > anyone on our staff offensively.

NU has two good young QB's in Armstrong and Stanton, plus more on the plate if they actually make it here.

Who?

Darlington has to be a redshirt unless emergency and that's off injury issues alone. We have a situation where we have two extremely young QBs, nobody who has assertively taken the reigns, and that's it for the competition. Numbers wise, another body can only help. A lot of recruits have flaws, but there should be no reason why with only three scholarship QBs total there isn't a schollie available to add just a fourth body to the group. Especially when the three you have are RFr, RSo, TFr. I think you send the signal that you're managing the numbers situation well and you expect everyone to compete.

My point is that the QB recruits, Armstrong and Stanton, have been pretty solid, at least on paper. Armstrong hasn't been too great on the field, but 1) He's a freshman 2) He has had a patchwork defense 3) Needs experience 4) Has a playbook that probably isn't suited for his skill-set.

It's a silly mantra that we can recruit more DEs with no issues, but to recruit another QB would offend our current players. Find the best players and play them, right?

• Fire 1