Nebraska received one point in the Coaches' Poll

JTrain

Uh, ya. It's awesome that you're being condescending, though. Do you understand mine? Why is it relevant that Iowa wasn't ranked when they beat us? Pelini might have had Iowa 26th and Nebraska 23rd, then Iowa beat us so he moved them up to 21 and Nebraska down to 25. And do you know that he didn't have Iowa ranked the previous week? I don't know, but it doesn't make a difference in my point anyway.

Clearly you don't. Pelini did not vote Nebraska in the top 25 after the loss to Iowa. But a week later after playing NO GAME, he thinks they earned a vote?

That's neat, except you said Iowa was unranked. You made no mention of Nebraska's ranking or lack of one.

could you imagine if any other coach pulled this stunt? how many other coaches have we blasted for ranking their teams higher than we thought they deserved? do you think if bret bielema had the exact same schedule (when he was at wiscy) and the exact same wins-losses, by the same margin, people would be commending him for motivating his players and arguing, "why should he not rank his team?" there is no perspective here.

I've always assumed coaches are biased towards their own team and that the coach's poll is not entirely objective (it's a poll made by the very coaches they're ranking - if somone truly believes it's totally objective, it's time to go play in traffic). So I will continue to not care when there are small discrepancies like this, whether it is regarding our team or others. Others, though, will continue to grasp at straws and flip sh#t to amuse the rest of us.

could you imagine if any other coach pulled this stunt? how many other coaches have we blasted for ranking their teams higher than we thought they deserved? do you think if bret bielema had the exact same schedule (when he was at wiscy) and the exact same wins-losses, by the same margin, people would be commending him for motivating his players and arguing, "why should he not rank his team?" there is no perspective here.

I've always assumed coaches are biased towards their own team and that the coach's poll is not entirely objective (it's a poll made by the very coaches they're ranking - if somone truly believes it's totally objective, it's time to go play in traffic). So I will continue to not care when there are small discrepancies like this, whether it is regarding our team or others. Others, though, will continue to grasp at straws and flip sh#t to amuse the rest of us.

you are right, it is not a big deal.

but it is silly. that he did it (at least i think) and that people (myself included) think it is worth discussing.

but, i really never apologize for discussing silly things here. i mean, as long as it is entertaining.

Uh, ya. It's awesome that you're being condescending, though. Do you understand mine? Why is it relevant that Iowa wasn't ranked when they beat us? Pelini might have had Iowa 26th and Nebraska 23rd, then Iowa beat us so he moved them up to 21 and Nebraska down to 25. And do you know that he didn't have Iowa ranked the previous week? I don't know, but it doesn't make a difference in my point anyway.

Clearly you don't. Pelini did not vote Nebraska in the top 25 after the loss to Iowa. But a week later after playing NO GAME, he thinks they earned a vote?

That's neat, except you said Iowa was unranked. You made no mention of Nebraska's ranking or lack of one.

You do know that Bo is not the only coach to rank teams right? Just because Bo puts a team at #21 doesn't meant that that is where they are ranked.

But I think you are still missing the point of my comment. Why would you NOT rank your team after a bad loss (regardless of ranking of team you just lost to) and then vote for yourself at #25 having not done anything the next week.

But to each their own. I couldn't care less where he votes his team.

You do know that Bo is not the only coach to rank teams right? Just because Bo puts a team at #21 doesn't meant that that is where they are ranked.

But I think you are still missing the point of my comment. Why would you NOT rank your team after a bad loss (regardless of ranking of team you just lost to) and then vote for yourself at #25 having not done anything the next week.

If I was ranking teams I would use my own rankings when deciding what a win and loss means each week. I don't know if you're purposely being an asshat but you've come off as one with every response to me. Yes I f'ing know that one person's poll is not what the team is ranked in the whole f'ing national poll. I've been an asshat too, but... you started it! I guess we could be asshats together. Do 2 asshats make a normal hat?

Seems like a good motivational move to me. Pelini sending a message to his players that he believes in them. Probably saying, prove me right boys.

I'm far more embarrassed by this thread than I am about Bo making the vote. I think the fan base and media anymore are just as much a problem than anything going on.

You're making a big deal about a non issue. Get the f#*k over it.

or Pelini sending a message to them that what they did was enough for that ranking. i personally could care less about the vote, but if it was any way a message to the team, it's a piss poor message. It's an "everybody gets a ribbon" type of message if so.

Seems like a good motivational move to me. Pelini sending a message to his players that he believes in them. Probably saying, prove me right boys.

I'm far more embarrassed by this thread than I am about Bo making the vote. I think the fan base and media anymore are just as much a problem than anything going on.

or Pelini sending a message to them that what they did was enough for that ranking. i personally could care less about the vote, but if it was any way a message to the team, it's a piss poor message. It's an "everybody gets a ribbon" type of message if so.

And it's spreading.

From Bo's defiant "you never apologize for ten wins" after Wisconsin hung 70 on his team, to the players hash tagging #9wins, they're searching for anything to hang their hats on since any tangible goal that could actually be pointed to has long left port.

• Fire 2

And it's spreading.

From Bo's defiant "you never apologize for ten wins" after Wisconsin hung 70 on his team, to the players hash tagging #9wins, they're searching for anything to hang their hats on since any tangible goal that could actually be pointed to has long left port.

If a bowl victory isn't a tangible goal, what is?

If I was ranking teams I would use my own rankings when deciding what a win and loss means each week. I don't know if you're purposely being an asshat but you've come off as one with every response to me. Yes I f'ing know that one person's poll is not what the team is ranked in the whole f'ing national poll. I've been an asshat too, but... you started it! I guess we could be asshats together. Do 2 asshats make a normal hat?

A normal asshat? I think you might be on to something. I understand what you are trying to get at. The point I am trying to make is that Nebraska did nothing this past weekend to warrant them a ranking, any ranking, by any coach. The reason is because the week prior, they received a beating and Bo didn't feel they deserved to be in the top 25. What changed from one week to the next?