JUCO CB Kweishi Brown [Arizona State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I don't feel the staff trusts the secondary players next season, and I currently don't either. I think we land Keys along with already getting Cockrell.

I don't know if it's fair to say they don't trust as much as not sure how they'll react to being "the guys". Plus we need depth there badly even if Rose, Davie and Co. are as good as advertised.

Without the JUCO's roster would be:

Rose (JR)

Mitchell (SR)

Davie (coming off injury) (JR)

Joseph (RSFR)

Mosley (TRFR)

EDIT: Hell, just realized we would have barely fielded a 2-deep not factoring in injuries.

I don't feel the staff trusts the secondary players next season, and I currently don't either. I think we land Keys along with already getting Cockrell.

I don't know if it's fair to say they don't trust as much as not sure how they'll react to being "the guys". Plus we need depth there badly even if Rose, Davie and Co. are as good as advertised.

Without the JUCO's roster would be:

Rose (JR)

Mitchell (SR)

Davie (coming off injury) (JR)

Joseph (RSFR)

Mosley (TRFR)

EDIT: Hell, just realized we would have barely fielded a 2-deep not factoring in injuries.

I would guess this is a lot of the issue. Mitchell is the only proven player. Rose and Davie were on the field at times this year so the coaches must have some confidence in them but they might be a ways away from really being counted on. But after that we are totally unproven - and almost non-existent.

It sounds like they're hoping Cockrell can step into Ciante's nickel role so that would leave the three mentioned above to man the outside. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if CJax is moved back to corner which could help. But we are badly in need of depth.

• Fire 1