USA Today Posts Hypothetical 64 Team Playoff Bracket

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://ftw.usatoday....layoff-bracket/

My thoughts.

Yes, this would be awesome, but won't work and here is why.

1. Regions can't work the same way they do in Men's basketball. You can't have different teams playing on the same field for 4 consecutive games.
  2. Fans won't travel week in and week out to far off places.
  3. There is a big difference flying a team of 12 players and maybe 5-6 support staff compared to flying a team of 85 plus staff.
  4. Teams who lose early in the season what happens to them.

If it WERE up to me this is how I would do it.

I used strength of Schedule and multiplied it by winning percentage to get final rankings.

I'd to hear what you think.

2013 FBS 54 Team Final Standings.jpg

2013 FBS 32 Team Playoff Bracket.jpg

• Fire 2

My thoughts.

1. Regions can't work the same way they do in Men's basketball. You can't have different teams playing on the same field for 4 consecutive games.
  3. There is a big difference flying a team of 12 players and maybe 5-6 support staff compared to flying a team of 85 plus staff.

I used strength of Schedule and multiplied it by winning percentage to get final rankings.

No way is Iowa beating Mizzou in the bottom bracket....and I wish they could both lose!!

My thoughts.

No way is Iowa beating Mizzou in the bottom bracket....and I wish they could both lose!!

other than that 2 gap they were playing against AU, that Missouri team would run through the B1G

My thoughts.

Your bracket WTF UGA BEAT LSU THIS YEAR

I voted for a 12 team. For the top four teams it functions like an 8 team playoff (less total games). This number allows for the 2nd tier conferences to get automatic bids so there are no lawsuits like we saw with the BCS.

Auto bids (must have a conf champ game)

Big Ten (Mich St)

Pac 12 (Stanford)

SEC(Auburn)

ACC(Florida St)

Big12 (Baylor) (forced to add two more teams and a champ game)

Mt West (Fresno St)

MAC (Bowling Green)

Conf USA (Rice)

Sun Belt (Louisiana-Lafayette) (forced to add teams and champ game)

AAC dissolves into other conferences

Wild Cards (3) (all happen to be one-loss teams)

Alabama

Ohio St

Missouri

Outside-the-Bubble teams: (all happen to be two-loss teams)

South Carolina

Oregon

Oklahoma

Clemson

Unlike the NFL the wildcards would be re-ranked with the whole group (they would retain their BCS-like ranking for seeding)

first round byes:

Florida State

Auburn

Bama

Mich St

first round games:

Louisiana-Laff @ Stanford

Rice @ Baylor

Bowling Green @ Ohio St

Fresno St @ Missouri

second round:

Missouri @ Florida State

Ohio State @ Auburn

Baylor @ Bama

Stanford @ Mich State

Final Four and Champ Game All at one Neutral site (rotate Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, or just bid for site like superbowl)

I think Stanford v Bama would be the champ game. Might have an Iron Bowl rematch in the semis

• Fire 2

In my opinion all they have to do is take the first and second place teams from each major confernece and put them them into playoff bracketts, and then you would have it. Simlar to what that they do at Div II and Div III and in some cases high school football.

The conference championship games would kind-of do this anyway, and act as an extension of the playoff. Just give the champs auto-bids. Also the money for the conf champ games would stay with the conference instead of going into the tourney money pool.