Can I Get an Offensive Tackle Please?

Typically a lurker on the board, but I am getting concerned about our concentration on the defensive side of the ball. I think we really need at least one tackle in each recruiting class, and this year I would like us to take two. So my question is: Who are we most likely to land at offensive tackle in this class, and what are the odds of us landing them?

I agree that we need another tackle, and seem to be pursuing another, but I think stoltenberg will be one. Farmer could also project to RT, but seems like more of a guard.

Alex Lewis may yet join the team as a transfer, but that doesn't really affect the need for another young tackle.

Don't forget Chongo who took a red shirt this year. Projects as an OT if I remember right.

No, he's on the interior. Working at both C and G last I heard.

Interesting, I had even double checked myself http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=206293264 shows what I know. Thanks for the correction.

Yeah, it's interesting how guys get moved around based on where they fit on a particular team. Moving from tackle inside isn't uncommon but moving inside out doesn't happen a lot.

The emergence of Zach Sterup and the likelihood of Lewis to become eligible are good things. Finnin should get in the mix next year I hope. That said we do need to recruit and sign a few tackles soon. At least one this year and two next year. A 3 to play 2 juco guy would be ok as well. Gates would be a great addition.

This plus Garrison has said many times this year that redshirting FR David Knevel could be an absolute stud. Got Stoltenberg so far, wrap up Nick Gates and call it good for this year.

Typically a lurker on the board, but I am getting concerned about our concentration on the defensive side of the ball. I think we really need at least one tackle in each recruiting class, and this year I would like us to take two. So my question is: Who are we most likely to land at offensive tackle in this class, and what are the odds of us landing them?

And for what it's worth, I heard we are sitting well with Nick Gates. But he is visiting Oregon this weekend.