2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

Wearing pink to support breast cancer = slacktivism.

You want to help? go mow a lawn for someone with cancer, take an afternoon off to run someone to a doctor's appointment, watch the kids, buy a tank of gas, whatever.

Wearing a ribbon or "Liking" something on Facebook doesn't really help anybody, and "raising awareness" isn't doing anything concrete, it's just an attempt to pass the buck on to someone who will actually do something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism

• Fire 1

I don't see a lot of mention about the oline's gold shoes...ugh....it's like the oline said "these are awful, could they get any worse?" and some wise guy exclaimed "of course! Gold shoes."

Everyone had the same shoe's last night (some had tape over them). The oline's were just more visible, big guys big feet and high tops means more surface area. I actually thought they were pretty cool, though they didn't match with anything.

Seriously? I could have sworn that everytime I saw them they were gold...

You want to help? go mow a lawn for someone with cancer, take an afternoon off to run someone to a doctor's appointment, watch the kids, buy a tank of gas, whatever.

Wearing a ribbon or "Liking" something on Facebook doesn't really help anybody, and "raising awareness" isn't doing anything concrete, it's just an attempt to pass the buck on to someone who will actually do something.

Is this post raising awareness about the inefficiency/pointlessness of raising awareness?

• Fire 1

Hmm.

ZrYkHc1.jpg

Red looks scarlet-y and pops well on the right. Not so much on the left. Looked even darker on TV. Numbers look black on the right, gray/silver on the left.

Not that the design was great to begin with, but at least the colors looked nice in the promo pics.

Ya. It seems like they either went cheap on the numbers (they looked really wrinkly on most players) or whoever printed them effed up on the color or both.

Because mowing someone's lawn helps fund research for curing cancer, helps advance treatments, brings awareness (which helps bring in more donations to help with the previous items).

My aunt is a breast cancer survivor. She supports Susan G Komen, I wear pink to support her. Don't you dare try to tell me or her what "helps". But keep mowing those lawns bro.

• Fire 1

Because mowing someone's lawn helps fund research for curing cancer, helps advance treatments, brings awareness (which helps bring in more donations to help with the previous items).

Because mowing a lawn for someone who doesn't have the time or energy to do it helps a real person in the here and the now. But hey, we can line up a special ribbon for you to wear if you do something like that if you want.

Don't you dare try to tell me or her what "helps".

Sorry.

I didn't realize that you were the only one to ever have first hand experience with someone suffering from a life threatening disease...but the feigned outrage in trying to claim the high ground gets you another ribbon, color of your choice.

• Fire 5

Because mowing a lawn for someone who doesn't have the time or energy to do it helps a real person in the here and the now. But hey, we can line up a special ribbon for you to wear if you do something like that if you want.

Sorry.

I didn't realize that you were the only one to ever have first hand experience with someone suffering from a life threatening disease...but the feigned outrage in trying to claim the high ground gets you another ribbon, color of your choice.

I'm outraged because you dare to call anyone a slacktivist, because they support an organization that helps fund awareness for a horrible disease and is looking to cure it. I'm not feigning sh#t here. Keep mowing lawns though. I'm sure it feels great to do nothing while 40k women die a year.

And I'm claiming the high road? This coming from someone that is judging everyone that supports a charitable organization. You're like those a$$hole$ that point out they don't own a TV in every f'ing conversation.

• Fire 1

Is this post raising awareness about the inefficiency/pointlessness of raising awareness?

My favorite part is the Wikipedia source telling me everything I need to know about "slactivism."

Sorry.

I'm outraged because you dare to call anyone a slacktivist, because they support an organization that helps fund awareness for a horrible disease and is looking to cure it. I'm not feigning sh#t here. Keep mowing lawns though. I'm sure it feels great to do nothing while 40k women die a year.

And I'm claiming the high road? This coming from someone that is judging everyone that supports a charitable organization. You're like those a$$hole$ that point out they don't own a TV in every f'ing conversation.

Eh? I need to go to bed and read this again tomorrow...

Sorry.

Eh? I need to go to bed and read this again tomorrow...

I didn't really explain that one. You know the guys that make sure to butt in when you're talking with a buddy about a good tv show, to make sure you know they don't have a tv because it's below them.

That's how I see this lawn mowing nonsense.

You know the guys that make sure to butt in when you're talking with a buddy about a good tv show, to make sure you know they don't have a tv because it's below them.

Do you watch any particular TV shows to support a cause?

Okay, enough skewering on this subject on my part.

"When all is said and done, more is always said than done."

You know the guys that make sure to butt in when you're talking with a buddy about a good tv show, to make sure you know they don't have a tv because it's below them.

Do you watch any particular TV shows to support a cause?

Okay, enough skewering on this subject on my part.

"When all is said and done, more is always said than done."

Just so we are clear. Mowing a lawn for someone who can't do it themselves because they are fighting a disease is very noble of you. However unless people know that is why you are doing it, it doesn't bring awareness or funding to the cause.

Now, if you wore a pink shirt while mowing the lawn and maybe put out a sign saying what you are doing, then you are bringing awareness.

With out some sort of notoriety, you are not bringing any awareness to anything. You are quite literally just a nice guy mowing a lawn.

The wearing of pink is not "Slacktivism". It's awareness. these 2 things are very different from each other