Jonathon Rose making due?

I am I

So he came here under some trouble out of Auburn, which was coached by Chizik at the time.

He then redshirted, correct? Season of 2012, eligible to play this last fall?

He played as a true freshman at Auburn so we know he has talent. I don't really recall anything of note from him this year. Did he even play special teams or contribute as a DB?

Further, has he stayed out of trouble in Lincoln and doing well in school? Anyone know if he's under a special watch or anything? Can we expect him to really play a lot next year? I'd love to have a success story where a kid turns it around personally and really makes hay as a player, especially one who transfered here!!

(It seems even the most talented guys who transfer, just never really pan out how they were projected after they transfer)

I remember seeing him in on some plays as well. Don't really recall him running the other direction.

I was just speaking more to the fact if he's using his time here to put his past behind him and get better on the field.

Obviously haven't seen his name in the police blotter so that's good. Just wondering if its translated to being free to excel on the field.

Like I said, special teams or anything else? Can we expect him to push for starter next year?

He has 2 yrs left, hopefully he can make an impact.

I don't post on here much but I know I saw rose on special teams quite a bit. Looked like he was trying to avoid hitting people from what I could tell so I hope that changes real quick. I also know that he got burned by the receiver in the purdue game that caught their only touchdown. I really hope he steps it up because physically he looks like he could be a really nice cover corner if he starts to get it this upcoming year. Great length, reminds me of stanley.

He was a safety out of high school - I think that is a hard transition for some guys.

That could explain a lot. It takes some time to really learn that great technique. Sounds like he may need to work on his toughness a bit too.

I know we're a little thin at certain DB positions, I hope he can be a viable option.

He got some garbage PT and even a few reps with the 1st team D in a couple games. He is a good "cover corner" (That Purdue TD was more on Alexander the Safety not having deep help as he was suppose to). But Rose has a long way to go in terms on physicality and run support. Still have high hopes for him, light just needs to click.

We are going to need him and just about every player at corner to step up for next year. I hope we get that JUCO DB, Kweshi Brown. I keep hearing Boaz Joseph was doing well on scout team, he is another big bodied corner that is physical and athletic but very raw.

Corner is one of the most underrated and difficult positions on the field, outside of QB. You are left out on an island guarding some of the best athletes and you don't know what they are running and on top of that you're not allowed to even touch the WR. If our corner play ins't up to par next year we will need to keep a safety over the top, which keeps another player out of the box to stop the run. Our defense has some serious potential next year, we just need a few corners to step up to be very good.