Michigan's loss is an embarrassment to the Big 10

OK, I can kind of agree with your assessment on the (embarrassed comment) because I don't feel embarrassed by either of their losses but I am a little disappointed. Not because I root for them on a weekly basis but when any B1G team plays another conference team, I always want us (B1G) to show up and represent well.

Edit~

As for your comment on double digit losses;

It would not shock me to see all three (OSU, MSU and NEB) get beat by 10+ each.

OSU can't afford to play like they did in the CCG or Clemson's "O" could expose your "D"

MSU as good as some people think they are, may get bulldozed by Stanford’s Power "O" <-- Oh the memories!

NEB; well, what can I say here, error free football is not our strong suit.

It would not shock me to see all three (OSU, MSU and NEB) get beat by 10+ each.

OSU can't afford to play like they did in the CCG or Clemson's "O" could expose your "D"

MSU as good as some people think they are, may get bulldozed by Stanford’s Power "O" <-- Oh the memories!

NEB; well, what can I say here, error free football is not our strong suit.

Agree.

OSU's D has already been exposed. That secondary is pathetic, and they're about to face one of the better QB/WR tandems in college football. It could very well be a long day for OSU. Until recently, they were thinking national championship - now they're just playing a game. Motivation will play into this one.

MSU, offensively progressed as the season continued. Their D had some late season lapses...against our rush offense, and against OSU - but that's still a top 10 defense. However, if we can pile up rush yards against them, then Stanford should have no problem. And they won't go away from it if it's working either.

Anyone that doesn't think NEB could get beat by 10+ has not watched Nebraska football in a few years.

Minnesota, a team that beat us, losing to Syracuse, does say something about us and the B1G conference. Michigan, widely acknowledged as our best victory of the season, getting abused by KSU, does say something about our team and our conference. Problem is that many of us already realized just how poor our team and conference is. Some others just don't realize how bad we are and still others are just tired of having it pointed out. Our team is what it is and so is our conference. Nuff said.

This ↑ +1

Sad performances so far for the B1G.

Minnesota beating Nebraska and losing, NU beating Michigan and having them loose their bowl... these are reasons that Nebraska fans might feel embarassed, not reasons for the B1G as a whole.

Even then I wouldn't feel that "embarassed" because the transitive property doesn't exist in college football. The bowl results don't necessarily mean that KSU and NU are even or that Syracuse would beat NU.

As a B1G fan both bowls went down pretty much like I expected and I'm not embarassed by either. There are only three games that open us up to embarassment in my opinion and that's Cap One, Rose and Orange. Bad losses in one of those would hurt since they're all more or less even.

I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed. Heck I don't play for or coach any team so it would be a waste of energy to get embarrassed by things I have no control over. I also agree that the transitive property does not work for determining who would beat whom in a hypothetical matchup. But, I disagree that losing bowl games like these is not embarrassing for the conference as a whole. It weakens the perception of the conference and, by association, it weakens the perception of every member school. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one looks at it) the additional damage to national relevance and perception is some what lesser for teams like NU who have already fallen off the charts in that regard. I agree that bad losses in any of those three bowls would be bad (worse than the others) for the conference.

not sure why we keep insisting on making our oc's the boogeyman when the same problems persist regardless of who is calling the plays.

We can't blame our problems on the head coach, now can we?

Yeah we can.

And we can also give Bridgewater the success Watson thinks he deserves. Lets see after the top QB in 2013 leaves how good Watson looks.

A great dual-threat qb is a huge difference-maker. We'd have had a much different season with Bridgewater.