Dirk Chatelain...Huskers=Cowboys

funhusker

>> Garrett is 47, Pelini 46. Each is a first-time head coach. They have very different personalities, but each appears worn down by a larger force. For Garrett, it’s Jerry Jones. For Pelini, it’s the Nebraska fan base.

I found this funny because Pelini would probably have a stoke if he had to deal with the fans and media of a large market NFL team like Dallas - as a head coach. I don't think he realizes just how easy he has it.

He doesn't have a clue. Nope, who knew, the fans known as "the greatest fans in college football" are actually the worst. Go figure. Best part is he convinced his players of it also. What a leader. Must be his first time at this.

I always wonder how late at night Dirk stays up coming up with his articles. He just works so hard at twisting the knife. I think he is an ass. Have any of you ever listened to him talk? He is smug and condescending. He can write very well sometimes, some of his mad chatter stuff is good, but when it comes to NU football he can't see past coming up with yet another statistical analysis of why Nebraska sucks.

Because he's of a mind (like many of us on this board are) that Nebraska can be, and should be, better than what they have been, he's the bad guy. From his age, he grew up watching the late 80's and 90's Nebraska. And consequently finds what the program is now, a disappointment. Which are pretty much the facts.

I would say 90's. I doubt Dirk is older than 32 or so. The point I am trying to make is every week he comes up with a new way to NU sucks.

Can Nebraska be better, yes they can. Should they be better is the entitled look by fans that were 14 years old in 1995.

I don't know if BP is the right coach for NU or not.

I do know it is a lot harder to win now than it was in 1986. To many teams are good to think that you can just show up and be 10-2 or 11-1. It's not bs either. College football is way big business as I sit and watch Duke beat A&M 38-17 at half

He is most likely 32, but I don't know his birthday, so he could be 33.

I really don't care either way about Dirk. His links to other stories in sports is what keeps me clicking, not the usual speculation on Husker football that every journalist does. Do I read it? Yes. Is it ever anything I don't already know? Hardly ever. The funny thing about this is...everybody seems to hate him...but so many on Huskerboard have the same sentiments that he has.

I don't miss anything.

If he had said "Bo is coaching for his six 9+ win season..." You'd be fine with the article? Is that that you're saying?

You're seriously missing the point of this article if you can't get past that.

You obviously miss some things,like the point of my original post....

Because it took you until now to realize that that, in fact, is my only problem with the article. I agree that the Huskers are hanging right at the edge. But to short the program wins is pathetic. How bout we just call it like it is and say Bo is coaching for his 7th straight 1 win season...Would that be incorrect???

I really hope I'm not the only person sick and tired of "your posts"....

Is this seriously a post accusing me on being slow to realize something nearly a week after the fact? Whoops, I better actually say five days. Wouldn't want to have incorrect figures.

Again, if you're hung up on that part of the article, you missed the point. That was my point then, and it's still my point.

While all may not be well with Husker football, we were one of only two B1G teams to win our bowl game. We were the only B1G team to win our bowl game against a higher ranked team. All the naysayers will say Georgia didn't want to be there and were without their QB, but we were without our QB as well. All may not be great, but they're a lot better than getting shelled in the bowl game at the hands of Georgia.