Dirk Chatelain...Huskers=Cowboys

funhusker

When you admit that Nebraska underachieved, you can't dismiss an article you didn't read stating as such as "unfounded speculation".

You are correct, I am admitting Nebraska underachieved. Glad we got that news flash out of the way. You are also correct I did not read the article as was previously mentioned......and I am not relating the article to "unfounded speculation". I'm saying I don't mistake a sports writers opinion or agenda for information.

This wasn't an exposé type thing. It was a piece designed to get people talking. He won, by the way.

• Fire 2

This wasn't an exposé type thing. It was a piece designed to get people talking. He won, by the way.

Yup, which coincidentally are the last two words of Foppa's earlier post.

So, to sum up, you are saying you're right because you didn't read an opinion article another person pointed out as such because it was "unfounded speculation".

I'm a little baffled here.

• Fire 1

So, to sum up, you are saying you're right because you didn't read an opinion article another person pointed out as such because it was "unfounded speculation".

I'm not saying I'm right about anything. I simply agreed with Foppa's post. Nothing more.

I'm not saying I'm right about anything.

I'm saving that the next time we argue. just sayin. :-)

• Fire 1

I'm not saying I'm right about anything.

I'm saving that the next time we argue. just sayin. :-)

I would do the exact same thing if it were me.

• Fire 1

>> Garrett is 47, Pelini 46. Each is a first-time head coach. They have very different personalities, but each appears worn down by a larger force. For Garrett, it’s Jerry Jones. For Pelini, it’s the Nebraska fan base.

But for Jerry Jones, the Cowboy's fanbase (largely) is counting the days until his health and age forces him to retire (or "retire", as some fans worry the former won't ever happen while Jerry draws breath).

So since Dirk is looking for correlation here for his article, does this mean that the younger Nebraska fans are counting the days until the bluehairs "retire"? :hmmph

Oh my, I agree about the comparison to the Cowboys. It made some sense to me as I'm a fan of both teams.

What got me, is Dirk flat out misrepresented the Huskers' record over the past 5/6 years to make a point. He "made sh*t up"!

I could care less about the article, or Dirk. But it pisses me off when people, especially sportswriters, make the program seem even worse than it really is. The program has enough issues, let alone made up perceptions...

In the last 5 years, Pelini has more 10 win seasons than 9. We remember that, right?

I think Dirk does some good stuff, but why wouldn't he want to invite controversy? That's what the media does, and it pays his salary. Boring facts doesn't sell. Sensationalism absolutely does...otherwise...why is there so much controversy about him? He wins.

B I N G O

There is nothing, repeat nothing, sensational in saying Nebraska underachieved this year. It's only sensational in Nebraska because some people incorrectly believe all is well.

Who said Nebraska didn't underachieve?

Who believes all is well?

. . . but to get mad at this is just projecting your anger away from the real problem.

Which is exactly what 90% of the anger about the Nebraska media or the "f*ck the fans" leaker is all about. Everyone is upset . . . but some aren't willing to place the blame where it belongs.

Who was the leaker again?

It doesn't matter at all. Pelini's own words are what matters.