Dirk Chatelain...Huskers=Cowboys

funhusker

Didn't read the article, but watching my Cowboys implode again last night with huge TO's, I said to my wife that they look just like my Huskers. Can't get out of their own way and are the most mistake prone team in the league............

I'm a Cowboys fan here too, and couldn't agree more. I told my wife that the coaches for my two favorite football teams seem to be in the same boat...can't get stuck out of being average. I realize that comparing an NFL record to a college record is not apples to apples as there is less parity in college ball (with more gimme games), but at the end of the day, both Pelini and now Garrett appear to be doing just enough to keep their jobs, and the status quo prevails.

. . . but to get mad at this is just projecting your anger away from the real problem.

Which is exactly what 90% of the anger about the Nebraska media or the "f*ck the fans" leaker is all about. Everyone is upset . . . but some aren't willing to place the blame where it belongs.

Who was the leaker again?

It doesn't matter at all. Pelini's own words are what matters.

For those that have an ounce of concern about them.......

I always wonder how late at night Dirk stays up coming up with his articles. He just works so hard at twisting the knife. I think he is an ass. Have any of you ever listened to him talk? He is smug and condescending. He can write very well sometimes, some of his mad chatter stuff is good, but when it comes to NU football he can't see past coming up with yet another statistical analysis of why Nebraska sucks.

• Fire 1

I think Dirk does some good stuff, but why wouldn't he want to invite controversy? That's what the media does, and it pays his salary. Boring facts doesn't sell. Sensationalism absolutely does...otherwise...why is there so much controversy about him? He wins.

B I N G O

There is nothing, repeat nothing, sensational in saying Nebraska underachieved this year. It's only sensational in Nebraska because some people incorrectly believe all is well.

Who said Nebraska didn't underachieve?

Who believes all is well?

No one really thinks all is well. But, does it mean we have to think all is bad like some do.

DIrk is a hack using stat figures to justify the bomb throwing he's made a career of. I cancelled the OWH subscription in December by telling the phone operator I was tired of the only two stories they run, "Warren Buffett's views on the boxer vs. briefs question and Dirk's working out adolescent inferiority issues at the expense of the Husker program."

I'd love to see one of the out-going seniors this year verbally lay wood to Dirk after the season ends to put paid to all the slasher pieces he has lobbed their way.

Seriously, would you guys prefer opening the paper or website and not finding any article about Nebraska football?

Or coming on HuskerBoard and seeing No New Posts?

If you want to keep talking about Nebraska football, you have to accept that for a majority of days that will mean no real news and lots of speculation.

If you don't like Dirk discussing the disappointing aspects of Nebaska football like we constantly do here, I guess you could wrap yourself up in Randy York's Insider. But that's not journalism or news. It's pointless PR shillery.

• Fire 1

I always wonder how late at night Dirk stays up coming up with his articles. He just works so hard at twisting the knife. I think he is an ass. Have any of you ever listened to him talk? He is smug and condescending. He can write very well sometimes, some of his mad chatter stuff is good, but when it comes to NU football he can't see past coming up with yet another statistical analysis of why Nebraska sucks.

Because he's of a mind (like many of us on this board are) that Nebraska can be, and should be, better than what they have been, he's the bad guy. From his age, he grew up watching the late 80's and 90's Nebraska. And consequently finds what the program is now, a disappointment. Which are pretty much the facts.

• Fire 1

Because he's of a mind (like many of us on this board are) that Nebraska can be, and should be, better than what they have been, he's the bad guy. From his age, he grew up watching the late 80's and 90's Nebraska. And consequently finds what the program is now, a disappointment. Which are pretty much the facts.

I would say 90's. I doubt Dirk is older than 32 or so. The point I am trying to make is every week he comes up with a new way to NU sucks.

Can Nebraska be better, yes they can. Should they be better is the entitled look by fans that were 14 years old in 1995.

I don't know if BP is the right coach for NU or not.

I do know it is a lot harder to win now than it was in 1986. To many teams are good to think that you can just show up and be 10-2 or 11-1. It's not bs either. College football is way big business as I sit and watch Duke beat A&M 38-17 at half

I would say 90's. I doubt Dirk is older than 32 or so. The point I am trying to make is every week he comes up with a new way to NU sucks.

Can Nebraska be better, yes they can. Should they be better is the entitled look by fans that were 14 years old in 1995.

I do know it is a lot harder to win now than it was in 1986. To many teams are good to think that you can just show up and be 10-2 or 11-1. It's not bs either. College football is way big business as I sit and watch Duke beat A&M 38-17 at half

Dirk isn't fabricating stats. He's pointing out flaws in the team.

And I would say the biggest problem Nebraska has is they DO think they can show up and be 10-2 or better. Otherwise they wouldn't look past schools like Minnesota.

And it isn't "entitled" to call NU disappointing this year. It's honest. I'm discovering a lot of Nebraska fans do not like honesty at all.

• Fire 3

Dirk isn't fabricating stats. He's pointing out flaws in the team.

And I would say the biggest problem Nebraska has is they DO think they can show up and be 10-2 or better. Otherwise they wouldn't look past schools like Minnesota.

And it isn't "entitled" to call NU disappointing this year. It's honest. I'm discovering a lot of Nebraska fans do not like honesty at all.

This.