Dirk Chatelain...Huskers=Cowboys

funhusker

I think Dirk does some good stuff, but why wouldn't he want to invite controversy? That's what the media does, and it pays his salary. Boring facts doesn't sell. Sensationalism absolutely does...otherwise...why is there so much controversy about him? He wins.

B I N G O

There is nothing, repeat nothing, sensational in saying Nebraska underachieved this year. It's only sensational in Nebraska because some people incorrectly believe all is well.

. . . but to get mad at this is just projecting your anger away from the real problem.

Which is exactly what 90% of the anger about the Nebraska media or the "f*ck the fans" leaker is all about. Everyone is upset . . . but some aren't willing to place the blame where it belongs.

Who was the leaker again?

. . . but to get mad at this is just projecting your anger away from the real problem.

Which is exactly what 90% of the anger about the Nebraska media or the "f*ck the fans" leaker is all about. Everyone is upset . . . but some aren't willing to place the blame where it belongs.

Who was the leaker again?

The answer there probably lies with the media outlet responsible for taping his post game show.

I think Dirk does some good stuff, but why wouldn't he want to invite controversy? That's what the media does, and it pays his salary. Boring facts doesn't sell. Sensationalism absolutely does...otherwise...why is there so much controversy about him? He wins.

B I N G O

There is nothing, repeat nothing, sensational in saying Nebraska underachieved this year. It's only sensational in Nebraska because some people incorrectly believe all is well.

Who said Nebraska didn't underachieve?

B I N G O

Who said Nebraska didn't underachieve?

I'm not sure what you're trying to form up here. But Dirk, despite his poor qualities, of which he has many, is quickly finding his niche as a guy who will offer constructive criticism and talk about what's wrong with Nebraska football as a counter to, say Steve Sipple. And he's not wrong in this article.

Myself, I'd rather that guy be Sam McKeon, that guy is a great writer, but Dirk is moving the clicks and paper sales. Getting mad at that is getting mad at capitalism/journalism.

but Dirk is moving the clicks and paper sales. Getting mad at that is getting mad at capitalism/journalism.

Exactly the point made in the earlier post. Nothing to be mad about. Dirk can write all the "unfounded speculation" he wants....as can Shatel.....and regional or national writers. Pelini "surely will be fired" made ratings and revenue. It was just simply. False.

And he's not wrong in this article.

I didn't read the article....partially because it wasn't linked, but just as importantly because there are actual reliable sources out there that give correct information about Husker football. Chatelain got in Pelini's doghouse a few years ago. I don't blame Pelini.....he protects the players like their father figure. It doesn't appear Pelini's former or current boss have issues with it.

Stop with the unfounded speculation. It's not unfounded to write that Nebraska underachieved. You admitted it not long ago.

And you probably shouldn't discredit an article you admitted you didn't read.

Is there anything incorrect about "unfounded speculation"? I have the source if you need it.

Stop with the unfounded speculation. It's not unfounded to write that Nebraska underachieved. You admitted it not long ago.

Is there anything incorrect about "unfounded speculation"? I have the source if you need it.

50/50, aquarium guy or the Mackovicka's?

This is getting weird.

When you admit that Nebraska underachieved, you can't dismiss an article you didn't read stating as such as "unfounded speculation".

I'm not talking about an imminent coaching change here, which is the straw man you're currently building.

B I N G O

Well, then...I'm surprised Pelini hasn't started cutting off media access to coaches and some players. It's crazy how cozy he remains w the media after articles like this....oh, wait

When you admit that Nebraska underachieved, you can't dismiss an article you didn't read stating as such as "unfounded speculation".

You are correct, I am admitting Nebraska underachieved. Glad we got that news flash out of the way. You are also correct I did not read the article as was previously mentioned......and I am not relating the article to "unfounded speculation". I'm saying I don't mistake a sports writers opinion or agenda for information.