Dirk Chatelain...Huskers=Cowboys

funhusker

nevermind the 10 win seasons...

Technically speaking, if you won ten games you also won 9. More about him pointing out the 4 losses than anything. But yeah his cred was pretty much shot before so him being a tool isnt surprising.

soooo....since they won 9 they also won 5???? Six straight 5 win seasons...

Well sh&t, Bo ain't been bowl eligible yet. CAN HIS A$$

It is a fairly valid comparison. Both teams that seem to hover on the edge, but never get over the hump.

And really, the hate for Chatelain is really getting overboard. I'm convinced there are some who would attack him for trying to damage recruiting if he made a comment about how cold the weather is some days right now.

• Fire 4

If all you're getting out of this article is the "he got our win total wrong, Dirk sucks!" You aren't reading this correctly.

You can not like Dirk, I'm not a fan myself, but he's drawing comparisons to two underachieving teams.

--SNIP--

"Neither organization has embarrassed itself with a terrible season (like Iowa or the Redskins). But neither organization does enough little things right to break through the door. It’s the same season, over and over.

That’s only the start of the similarities:

>> Each won three championships over a four-year span in the 90s (Dallas 92-95, Nebraska 94-97).

>> The face of their recent teams is an enigmatic lightning rod quarterback known for his back-breaking mistakes as much as his incredible talent. Taylor Martinez is college football’s version of Tony Romo. And both finished the 2013 season on the sideline, giving defenders of Garrett and Pelini an excuse for losing the season’s critical game.

>> Garrett is 47, Pelini 46. Each is a first-time head coach. They have very different personalities, but each appears worn down by a larger force. For Garrett, it’s Jerry Jones. For Pelini, it’s the Nebraska fan base.

>> As one Huskers/Cowboys fan pointed out, each has the maddening tendency to play well when expected to play poorly — and to play poorly when expected to play well.

>> (I could make a Dallas/NU connection here with the guy calling offensive plays, but that would just be cruel to Husker fans who still gag upon seeing his name)."

It's not nice, or sugar coated, but it's accurate. And I think that's the real reason why many hate the guy. I'll give you previous years where he was stirring the pot when Nebraska had a legit shot at the next level, but to get mad at this is just projecting your anger away from the real problem.

• Fire 2

I think Dirk does some good stuff, but why wouldn't he want to invite controversy? That's what the media does, and it pays his salary. Boring facts doesn't sell. Sensationalism absolutely does...otherwise...why is there so much controversy about him? He wins.

In his third paragraph, he writes "[Pelini's] 6th straight 9 win 4 loss season."

Does his factual error lower his credibility yet.

I didn't link the article because I wasn't going to give it hits (I read because he talked about my Cowboys). And I can't comment because I don't use Facebook. Feel free FB users

Clownahan?