Someone please explain

Personally, I love his passion. If I was a kid, having the passion I still do, I'd play for Bo in a heart beat! To me it's motivating and I'd love it because he want's it as bad as me! There you go, good for some, not others. Players have to decide if they take it personal or if they use it as coaching and let it motivate them!

If a coach yelling decides where u want to go maybe football is not your sport. All coaches yell at their players at some point in time during a game. Their is not enough time to politely sit a kid down and re explain what u prepared all week for.

I never said I didn't like coaches yelling. It's just he has this monster face he uses. As I said earlier, I find it embarrasing. Yelling to be heard, and raging are two different things. But hey, that's just my opinion. I understand the levels of noise and the urgency to get a point across.

How about you stop deciding what is or isn't my sport and discuss the topic.

So the point of the thread is u don't like his face or their is a set amount of passion coaches are allowed to use to coach with. Nothing to see here.

• Fire 1

Personally, I love his passion. If I was a kid, having the passion I still do, I'd play for Bo in a heart beat! To me it's motivating and I'd love it because he want's it as bad as me! There you go, good for some, not others. Players have to decide if they take it personal or if they use it as coaching and let it motivate them!

Thats really true. Some kids get pissed off and fired up when the coach gets in their face and it really motivates them. Others basically crawl into their shell and play timid so they don't make a mistake and get another but chewing. It really is an art to try and figure out how to motivate each particular kid, I can't imagine trying to do that for 100+ kids.

What we did different to prep for the bowl game? We should've looked that good ALL season. There was minimal gawking at the 3 monkeys on the sidelines...We looked confident and focused. We actually aggressively tackled.

Two thoughts:

(1) Was the pressure on the Raging Nose's position enough that he made sure they were ready?

(2)Bo really needs to stop publicly raging in player's faces. I understand things don't go right and you have to get a player's attention, but he doesn't yell; he rages. it's embarrasing to watch: Stare down the player until he gets close, then his face contorts into his rage face, Step up into the player's grill, then he blasts away, turning when HE is done. Doesn't even give the player time to respond.

I know if I were looking for a place to go play ball, I'd give second thoughts to a coach that has an uncontrolled temper.

Grats to the players for an amazing ball game!

Well, to be fair--it isn't really a debate on the sideline. If Bo wants to walk off after hollering at a player, he can. What he says is final.

I met Bo last year in the locker room and he was walking around like a normal person, the countenance on his face was twisted and stern. He approached my brothers and I and chatted for a few seconds he was nice and smiling. Then we posed for a couple pictures and sure enough his face is just dead panned and glum in each one. It's just Bo's face, stern and kinda glum if he's not smiling.

Don't judge a raging nose by its cover. You have ZERO idea what he's saying to his players out there and how he's saying it and why.

This, is very correct, I know because my face is a little on the glum side when I am not smiling. When I taught school kids always asked me if I was in a bad mood. It's just the way his face looks. Sabin's is pretty similar. You can't help it. I have to make a conscious effort to turn the corners of my mouth up or people think I am in a bad mood.

1st off, we didnt exactly look like world beaters yesterday. I thought our performance was overall pretty consistent with how the season has gone, but we didnt muff a punt and they did, and it took the longest possible offensive play in the sport to win. So, lets not prop this up as some sort of anomoly.

2nd, this team was as healthy yesterday overall as it's been since the beginning of conference play. Sean Callahan pointed this out the other day. Aside from Martinez and Spencer Long, EVERYONE was 100%. Even Turner, who seemed to be missing for pretty much all of conference play.

• Fire 3

I thought it was a little over the top when bo walked out of the tunnel with his normal game face on and mike patrick started growling into his mic.

bo just naturally looks annoyed all the time.

I think the game went about the same as the bowl games have for the last 3 years. close game or shaky lead for 3 quarters, then the better team took control in the fourth.

the difference was two fourth down drops by open receivers instead of two easy field goals to win the game. didn't have much to do with bo or his prep.

I wonder if not having the controversy of 'Bo leaving/Bo staying' hanging over their heads effected playing? Bo assured his players that he wasn't going anywhere but until Shawn Eichorst said Bo wasn't going anywhere, that threat was still there. That had to have some effect on these boys. I'm glad that's all over.

It's a new year with a win in our pockets. I look forward to Spring ball and the 2014 season. (I know, I know, ever the optimist! ;)

1st off, we didnt exactly look like world beaters yesterday. I thought our performance was overall pretty consistent with how the season has gone, but we didnt muff a punt and they did, and it took the longest possible offensive play in the sport to win. So, lets not prop this up as some sort of anomoly.

2nd, this team was as healthy yesterday overall as it's been since the beginning of conference play. Sean Callahan pointed this out the other day. Aside from Martinez and Spencer Long, EVERYONE was 100%. Even Turner, who seemed to be missing for pretty much all of conference play.

This. We looked a lot like the team that emerged in the second half of the season, a vastly more reliable defense and an offense that seems to choose its spots; never enough to look dominant, but never out of the game either.

Georgia without its starting quarterback was probably like the mid-pack Big 12 teams we played this season.

No reason to get too excited, but certainly a win worth celebrating. Loved that Bo smiled and the team looked excited. That's something right there.

Also, Nebraska was a 9 point underdog and expectations were very low after Iowa. That takes some pressure off. This team works better with lower expectations.

But if the OP wants to know the difference between this game and the games he's probably remembering, it's that the defense has gotten much, much better.

(2)Bo really needs to stop publicly raging in player's faces.

I used to think the same thing...but I noticed once that after a play went perfectly (a QB sack I think), Bo got in the player's face to prop him up for doing a great job...it was the same exact expressioin as when he seems to be yelling. I agree with others above who say that is just his face. When it's a noisy stadium he contorts his face to be heard. I'm sure his players know that. You don't see very many coaches who have the player support that Bo has. It's just my perception...but the player support tells me that maybe....just maybe....he is not raging in their face as much as he is getting a point accross.

I thought it was a little over the top when bo walked out of the tunnel with his normal game face on and mike patrick started growling into his mic.

bo just naturally looks annoyed all the time.

I think the game went about the same as the bowl games have for the last 3 years. close game or shaky lead for 3 quarters, then the better team took control in the fourth.

the difference was two fourth down drops by open receivers instead of two easy field goals to win the game. didn't have much to do with bo or his prep.

Yes the players did drop the passes...I would just disagree with how "open" they were. They should have caught the passes, but, it's not like there was some sort of blown coverage. Those guys were being covered well throughout the game, they were being hit whether they caught the passes or not, and in the end...even when a receiver has a step on the defender...those previous plays add up and stick in the mind of the receiver in crucial situations such as the Georgia receivers were in at the end of the game yesterday. I think the defensive scheme and the way the players had played all game had a lot to do with the 4th quarter drops.

I'm not trying to start a big argument here. It's just that I have been very critical of Bo in the past and I want to give credit where credit is due. I think the team was well prepared and did a great job in the bowl game...and I think Bo and his coaches deserve some of the credit for that.

:yeah

If a coach yelling decides where u want to go maybe football is not your sport. All coaches yell at their players at some point in time during a game. Their is not enough time to politely sit a kid down and re explain what u prepared all week for.

I never said I didn't like coaches yelling. It's just he has this monster face he uses. As I said earlier, I find it embarrasing. Yelling to be heard, and raging are two different things. But hey, that's just my opinion. I understand the levels of noise and the urgency to get a point across.

How about you stop deciding what is or isn't my sport and discuss the topic.

He's not deciding what your sport is... He's stating the obvious... if you ever strapped on a chin strap, you would understand what he's saying.. you just don't like Bo's facial expressions.. it just how intense he looks when he does it that bothers you... it obviously doesn't bother the players.. This BS started with poking TM in the chest for breaking team rules during a game.... Bo addresses a problem when it comes to his attention, and he doens't care what you think. he's running the team his way, it's his job to keep or lose.. who are you to say you don't like his facial expressions.... I agree with him... you are just a band member that has never suited up.. you want to be handled with kid gloves and would walk off the practice field before you even had a chance to play because your feeling got hurt... Grow up.. it's the media that sheds the ugle light on Bo.. he hasn't (at least in my memory) used profanity laced rants during games, like Iowa's coach caught on video using more than one that I wouldn't want underage kids seeing.... grow some and get a life.....

:yeah

Yeah,,, lets not enjoy the first bowl win in 4 yrs... It seems to me,, that during the 70's/80's we played in more than just the Orange... As I recall, this isn't the first time playing in the Gator Bowl.... I usually like your post and agree with Accountability.. but what a negative Nancy;;; let's enjoy the win and hope for better things.. instead of just always finding fault.... GBR