Bob Stoops to the Browns?

Bob Stoops isn't going anywhere. He is back to being big game bob after beating Alabama. He has it way to good at OU.

If he took the Browns job, it would be the dumbest mistake of his career. Who would want to work for a team that fires a coach every 1-2 years?

He's in his mid-50s, with the only remaining challenge in his career being the NFL. He might view the move differently I guess. I could see it.

Probably not, though....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10250648/bob-stoops-oklahoma-sooners-not-candidate-coach-cleveland-browns

I really get the feeling this could be the year Big Game Bob bolts for the NFL. OU hasn't really been in contention for a few years, and the OU faithful are getting a little restless. It's unsettling for the OU faithful to see OU almost take a backseat to instate rival Okie State. My guts says Bob's gone if a NFL team offers.

Nothing can save the Browns as long as their front office as as stupid and dysfunctional as they have proven to be. A smart guy stays away from there.

Cleveland ownership proves just because your rich , still allows you to be stupid and dysfunctional

I thought Jerry Jones already proved that?

Or did he steal that play from Cleveland's owners, like he stole the land to build the JerryDome from regular homeowners?

Nothing can save the Browns as long as their front office as as stupid and dysfunctional as they have proven to be. A smart guy stays away from there.

Cleveland ownership proves just because your rich , still allows you to be stupid and dysfunctional

I thought Jerry Jones already proved that?

Or did he steal that play from Cleveland's owners, like he stole the land to build the JerryDome from regular homeowners?

Jerry Jones may tend to build his team like a fantasy roster, but they have been on the edge of the playoffs most most seasons. The Browns are annual last place finishers. Only the Raiders are generally worse year in and year out.

Jerry Jones would be a great owner if his ego didn't keep him from firing himself as GM.

If Bob were looking at going pro Detroit would be a solid job, there are a lot of pieces in place for that team to win right away.

I still don't know why he would leave OU. Yeah, and NFL job pays a bit more, but odds are you get fired within 5 years. At OU he's one title run away from having a statue built of him.