The Crystal Ball trophy is gone?!

JTrain

The crystal ball has become a signature symbol of College football. The sight of coaches holding the ball up after winning the national title are as prestine as any other celebratory moment in sports. I am confused as to why we think that just cuz we're starting a 4 team playoff, that may expand to 8 very shortly, that we have to do everything we can to f#*k it up.

• Fire 1

I heard this last night and it makes no sense. Anyone who works with me knows that one of my pet peeves is when we want to change one little thing and people think everything needs to change.

All we are doing is going to a 4 team playoff. You don't need to change EVERYTHING other than those three games at the end of the year.

It is absolutely absurd to change this trophy.

Who exactly was the BCS? Was there actually a legal entity that was the BCS that would have owned the rights to this trophy? Or, was the rights to the BCS and the trophy owned by the NCAA.

The only thing that makes sense here is if there was some type of legal rights to the trophy by some organization that won't be involved now that we are going to the playoff system.

Oh...and....thank GOD we are going to a playoff system finally.

I think Waterford is still going to make the crystal football trophy every year, but it's going to be given to the SEC champion instead. The winner of the 4 team playoff, if not an SEC team, gets a wooden plaque or a plate or something.

If the winner of the playoff is an SEC team, the MVP gets a hooker. Her name will be Crystal.