@FauxPelini reveals his true identity. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

If you don't find Faux's humor funny that's fine. But, I don't think it's fair to take cheap shots at him. He's a middle aged lawyer in Chicago - chances are, he's no lout. He's just a guy that really cares about Husker football and has a unique way of expressing himself. Yeah, there are plenty of other people that parody celebrities. But, correct me if I'm mistaken - he's easily one of the most famous and does it better than just about anybody else. I'd say that takes him out of the category of 'just another parody account.'

Throw in that ESPN of all places wrote a story about it, along with handfuls of other news publications, says something as well.

I think the guy is comedy gold.

• Fire 1

Believe it or not, I never used a Twitter and Facebook accounts at all. I suppose way behind the times but I still think 99.99% twitter users are geeks types, you know too much time on geeks hands or teenybopper girls. Hey, I got a new fanged cellphone but only semi-emergency calls (Tracfone!). Oh god, I'm old!

Yeah. We're old.

The fact is, Twitter is used by virtually every major corporation, brand, product, celebrity, PR rep, salesforce, journalist, politician and spinmeister to either promote or deny something.

It's not trendy or hip or youth oriented at all at this point. It just is.

• Fire 1

If you don't find Faux's humor funny that's fine. But, I don't think it's fair to take cheap shots at him. He's a middle aged lawyer in Chicago - chances are, he's no lout. He's just a guy that really cares about Husker football and has a unique way of expressing himself. Yeah, there are plenty of other people that parody celebrities. But, correct me if I'm mistaken - he's easily one of the most famous and does it better than just about anybody else. I'd say that takes him out of the category of 'just another parody account.'

Throw in that ESPN of all places wrote a story about it, along with handfuls of other news publications, says something as well.

I think the guy is comedy gold.

It's just the internet. I applaud him for doing something fun, giving the world a laugh.

I love to write, but started out in Journalism and got a degree in Psychology instead. The demands of outside Journalism was just a bit tough for someone that had to have a part-time job to make ends meet to stay in school. I still have a passion for it, look through my Associated Press Guide Book once in a while.

It makes complete sense that he's a lawyer. They are always perceived to be serious and unfunny. Maybe the guy is hilarious in person, don't know, but he found an outlet to express his passion. Good for him.

The pedestal that faux is on (especially around here) is pretty annoying to me. Its as if people think he is the only person to ever parody a celebrity. Its some random dude who has too much time on his hands. Big whoop.

Tunnel Walk of Shame reveals his true identity. NOOOOOOOOO!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been posted but if any of you are redditors faux pelini will be hosting an AMA ("ask me anything" - Q & A style open discussion) on /r/cfb this Friday at 2PM CST.

For those not familiar with reddit its incredibly easy and fast to create an account (like 5 seconds, no email registration) and /r/cfb is a small enough community that if you ask a question it probably won't get drowned in crowd noise.

I don't know if this has been posted but if any of you are redditors faux pelini will be hosting an AMA ("ask me anything" - Q & A style open discussion) on /r/cfb this Friday at 2PM CST.

For those not familiar with reddit its incredibly easy and fast to create an account (like 5 seconds, no email registration) and /r/cfb is a small enough community that if you ask a question it probably won't get drowned in crowd noise.

Came here to post this. Good call, Bucky

He was on Schick and Nick about a year and a half ago, so him doing an interview isn't anything earth-shattering

I must have missed it. I'm glad I did.

FauxPelini could have been the Banksy of Husker Nation.

Haha, I went on a Banksy tour in London. That guy has made some serious 'banksy' for doing nothing more than graffiti lol