Early synopsis for next year.

I convinced myself last year we would lose no more than 3 games. Iowa really hurt to attend. But here I am again thinking there is no way we lose 4 in 2014. I think we can beat Miami for sure. Out of MSU and Wiscy we lose one win one. Revenge against Minnysoda. Continuance of breaking purplecat hearts. Pummel the rest the OOC cans. Beat up Purdue pretty badly. Hell we should throttle Illinois too. Iowa wont see us coming, plus they always have bare cupboards by years end. I see at most two losses but if we tighten up 11-1.

Fresno State, Miami, Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin are all possible if not probable losses.

lololololololol....

what' so funny about that? were you laughing after we almost lost to Wyoming and Northwestern or how bout Minnesota and Iowa losses?

Every team knows they can't take Northwestern for granted, and while Minnesota is a poor loss they're not the Minnesota everyone knew for the past decade. Wyoming is what it is, we didn't lose. We had a young team and an injured QB.

The only reason we lost to Minnesota cause Bo kept Taylor in the game. He should've been replaced when he wasn't right and was detrimental to the team. Wyoming we almost lost. We had a huge lead and then bam Taylor throws an interception and we are now sweating out Wyoming who we had down and out. Yes Northwestern can't take for granted but it was a hailmary that saved us and only get's executed 1-5% of the time. Taylor playing hurt was on Bo and the fact we had backups with no experience or little is also on Bo. i'm tired of the excuses, let's just say we lost and i'm fine with that.

I was looking at next year and i only count 5 games that we should win. The rest are losses and tossups.

Im all for predictions but that statement just doesnt sit riggt with me. Please explain what are the garaunteed losses.

i'm not guaranteeing any losses just that we have no consistency with our team and how it plays. It makes it harder to say we will win this game.

Fresno St.- toss up

Miami - loss or toss up

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - toss up

Wisconsin - loss

Minnesota -toss up

Iowa - toss up

Also given the fact we play down to the other team also doesn't help. But those teams i have listed i can't sit there and say we will win confidently enough until we start proving it on the field.

Fresno lost alot of talent

Miami was overated

MSU will be tough but winnable. We played them hard last year, they "play down" to us

NW lost Colter so Im not too worried

Wiscy is gonna be rough. Playing good ball right now. We would need to play mistake free

Minnysoda will fall in Lincoln

Iowa will be barebones when we play em so we can outlast them

NW Minny and Iowa all beat us last year or come close to it. Has no bearing on 2014.

i'm not guaranteeing any losses just that we have no consistency with our team and how it plays. It makes it harder to say we will win this game.

Fresno St.- toss up

Miami - loss or toss up

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - toss up

Wisconsin - loss

Minnesota -toss up

Iowa - toss up

Also given the fact we play down to the other team also doesn't help. But those teams i have listed i can't sit there and say we will win confidently enough until we start proving it on the field.

Of the games you mentioned, Nebraska will be favored in three (Fresno, NW and Minnesota), possibly favored against Iowa/Miami and a dog to MSU/Wisconsin. Personally, games we're favored in aren't toss ups unless the spread is within three points. And of the games I'm fairly positive we'll be favored in, we should be at least touchdown favorites.

And Fresno just lost one of the most prolific quarterbacks from the 2013 season to graduation. We will likely be heavy favorites to win.

If anything, I've grown to understand that Nebraska really can't take anybody lightly anymore. But, despite that, I think what I posted should make you feel a little more confident in their season.

I convinced myself last year we would lose no more than 3 games. Iowa really hurt to attend. But here I am again thinking there is no way we lose 4 in 2014. I think we can beat Miami for sure. Out of MSU and Wiscy we lose one win one. Revenge against Minnysoda. Continuance of breaking purplecat hearts. Pummel the rest the OOC cans. Beat up Purdue pretty badly. Hell we should throttle Illinois too. Iowa wont see us coming, plus they always have bare cupboards by years end. I see at most two losses but if we tighten up 11-1.

Fresno State, Miami, Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin are all possible if not probable losses.

lololololololol....

what' so funny about that? were you laughing after we almost lost to Wyoming and Northwestern or how bout Minnesota and Iowa losses?

Saying that they are probable is what's laughable.

I was looking at next year and i only count 5 games that we should win. The rest are losses and tossups.

Im all for predictions but that statement just doesnt sit riggt with me. Please explain what are the garaunteed losses.

Fresno St.- toss up

Miami - loss or toss up

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - toss up

Wisconsin - loss

Minnesota -toss up

Iowa - toss up

:dunno

Miami was overated

MSU will be tough but winnable. We played them hard last year, they "play down" to us

Wiscy is gonna be rough. Playing good ball right now. We would need to play mistake free

NW Minny and Iowa all beat us last year or come close to it. Has no bearing on 2014.

Of those games, it's likely a given Nebraska loses at least one. I think we all know an undefeated season isn't happening.

At the risk of going out on a limb, I would say progress would be winning against Michigan St and Wisconsin on the road. Those are the type of games that have eluded this program for years.

Win those two, and a loss to say, NW is palatable, and keeps us in the CCG discussion.

Miami was overated

Of those games, it's likely a given Nebraska loses at least one. I think we all know an undefeated season isn't happening.

At the risk of going out on a limb, I would say progress would be winning against Michigan St and Wisconsin on the road. Those are the type of games that have eluded this program for years.

Win those two, and a loss to say, NW is palatable, and keeps us in the CCG discussion.

We won on the road against Michigan and Penn State this year with backup QBs...yet still managed to lose 4 games. I don't think I can look at individual games as omens for something larger. There are always signs that things are going to get much, much better, often followed by signs that things are going to always be mediocre.

If I was looking at each game on the schedule, especially after the bowl win and the recent momentum in recruiting, I would share 1995Redux's optimism at 11 wins or more. But I was there last year too, ready to get over that hump at long last. But no matter the circumstances, we find a way to lose 4 games, even amidst some very bright moments.

I can't make a prediction on which games would actually be victories or losses, but I will predict that the end of the season will look remarkably similar to the last 6 and will lead us into another offseason of desperately clinging to the positive signs while scratching our heads at the problems that still haven't been fixed. (If we do manage to finally win more than 10, lose less than 4, or add any significant hardware to the trophy case, I will be first in line to happily eat crow.)

• Fire 1

Fresno St.- toss up

Miami - loss or toss up

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - toss up

Wisconsin - loss

Minnesota -toss up

Iowa - toss up

:dunno

we could very well win those games i have as loses but i don't think so. just depends on which team shows up.

Fresno St.- toss up

Miami - loss or toss up

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - toss up

Wisconsin - loss

Minnesota -toss up

Iowa - toss up

Of the games you mentioned, Nebraska will be favored in three (Fresno, NW and Minnesota), possibly favored against Iowa/Miami and a dog to MSU/Wisconsin. Personally, games we're favored in aren't toss ups unless the spread is within three points. And of the games I'm fairly positive we'll be favored in, we should be at least touchdown favorites.

And Fresno just lost one of the most prolific quarterbacks from the 2013 season to graduation. We will likely be heavy favorites to win.

If anything, I've grown to understand that Nebraska really can't take anybody lightly anymore. But, despite that, I think what I posted should make you feel a little more confident in their season.

Not to mention that Wisconsin is replacing a lot on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Gordon and White will only carry them so far...

• Fire 1

Fresno St.- toss up

Miami - loss or toss up

Michigan St - loss

Northwestern - toss up

Wisconsin - loss

Minnesota -toss up

Iowa - toss up

Not to mention that Wisconsin is replacing a lot on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Gordon and White will only carry them so far...

Just because they lost a lot doesn't mean the next people can't be just as good if not better.