When 9 wins a year isn't the whole story.

NUpolo8

We were literally down to our 2nd team offense, and even 3rd guys at some positions, outside of our running backs.

It helps to finish reading the sentence.

Still quite untrue, actually.

Revisionist history is fun. I remember being so mad at the Minnesota game where Taylor had his foot amputated at halftime, all of our running backs got the measels, four offensive lineman stepped on punji sticks running out of the tunnel and both Enunwa and Bell were hit with blowdarts going up for passes.

Bo should really be commended for guiding that mash unit to nine wins through that meat grinder of a schedule.

We were literally down to our 2nd team offense, and even 3rd guys at some positions, outside of our running backs.

Revisionist history is fun. I remember being so mad at the Minnesota game where Taylor had his foot amputated at halftime, all of our running backs got the measels, four offensive lineman stepped on punji sticks running out of the tunnel and both Enunwa and Bell were hit with blowdarts going up for passes.

Bo should really be commended for guiding that mash unit to nine wins through that meat grinder of a schedule.

Don't forget the incident with Cethan Carter and a banana peel.

Don't forget the incident with Cethan Carter and a banana peel.

I didn't want to make any gimpy humor posts, so I left that alone.

Oh yay........page 4 of another thread belittling Pelini and the football program.

I'm more making light of the people who feel the need to attack me instead of my opinions. If you have an answer to the question I posed about playing Taylor in the Minnesota game, I'm all ears.

Note: if it's "Because Taylor told him he was ok", that's proof to my side that Bo isn't making the best choices, and he's micromanaging his Qb's to a fault. He should ask Solich about the latter.

I would probably lean toward your side of thinking on Martinez and the Minnesota game. My guess is Pelini felt Martinez gave us the best opportunity to win. With that said, here's also what I think......I think the Martinez stuff doesn't matter now. His eligibility is up. Every head coach questions decisions they make.....even the almighty immortal Saban. Pelini's decisions regarding redshirting have in part led to eternal discussions about one of the million blowout losses we've allegedly endured. Pelini has now been a head coach for 6 seasons and there are good indicators he's learning from previous mistakes......no area is a bigger indicator of this than recruiting. And, as mentioned in other posts Pelini has a pretty good record against coaches some claim might be better.....such as Snyder and Gundy.

I would probably lean toward your side of thinking on Martinez and the Minnesota game. My guess is Pelini felt Martinez gave us the best opportunity to win. With that said, here's also what I think......I think the Martinez stuff doesn't matter now. His eligibility is up. Every head coach questions decisions they make.....even the almighty immortal Saban. Pelini's decisions regarding redshirting have in part led to eternal discussions about one of the million blowout losses we've allegedly endured. Pelini has now been a head coach for 6 seasons and there are good indicators he's learning from previous mistakes......no area is a bigger indicator of this than recruiting. And, as mentioned in other posts Pelini has a pretty good record against coaches some claim might be better.....such as Snyder and Gundy.

I would contend that Bo doesn't question his desicions enough. There are too many pieces of evidence that point to that.

And again, in regards to recruiting....I don't follow recruiting at the point many do here, but man, if Bo had to learn from his mistake that "recruiting isn't that important", then, "wow" is all I have to say.

Oh yay........page 4 of another thread belittling Pelini and the football program.

I'm more making light of the people who feel the need to attack me instead of my opinions. If you have an answer to the question I posed about playing Taylor in the Minnesota game, I'm all ears.

Note: if it's "Because Taylor told him he was ok", that's proof to my side that Bo isn't making the best choices, and he's micromanaging his Qb's to a fault. He should ask Solich about the latter.

Are you going it harp on your dislike of Bo all off season?

Are you going it harp on your dislike of Bo all off season?

I don't dislike Bo. As a man, I'm sure he's a great guy. But, I'm going to discuss things that I find interesting all offseason, yes. The first post in this thread had a list of something I found interesting. I'm sure many here would love to spin pinwheels and pump sunshine over a Gator Bowl win and talk about how stupid bias is keeping Nebraska from a preseason top ten ranking, but, sadly, I'm not going to play along. I've seen it every year since 2005 on the board.

I suggest if you, (and actually Devnet should really do this, since I'm an affront to SERIOUS HUSKER MESSAGE BOARDING in his eye) really, truly don't like what I have to say, click on my name, click "ignore" when the page loads, and I'll disappear.

have to agree with ny polo here. he is asking reasonable questions to which the answers come off as attacks. and like he said he has seen it every since 2005. I used to drinkbthe kool aid too. even halfway through this year... but every year it's the same pelini squad with new excuses. how many more years is 4 losses going to he acceptable?

• Fire 1

9 wins or 4 losses. Does it really matter? Are you happy with the season, or are you concerned about it. winning and losing is not everything.

9 wins does not make you some elite coach for college football history. It is not giant mile stone that guarantees future success. 4 losses does not mean you are doomed to losing seasons either.

This year we were a beat up team, lost our best option at QB, Oline a miss match of kids getting experience due to injuries. A defense that may have improved a great deal towards the end of the season.

Overall, happy with how the team ended the season, in spite of being poorly managed the years before. Does that mean Bo is actually learning how to be a good head coach? Not sure

I want to see a good team, play its heart out, and leave knowing they did everything the best they could to win the game. Win or lose.

I have not seen that the last 6 years, but possibly, this year I saw the light come on. Not happy, but encouraged, and it has nothing to do with 9 wins or 4 losses.

It is about a team coming together, coach, players, recruiting and doing all they can to finish the job.

Bo has another year to perfect what happened this year. We all need to get behind that, as there isn't another choice.

i am a little late, but this is where we are now? "hey, yeah, we lost four games again, but minny and iowa were better than expected!" maybe they were, but should we still not be better than them? i truly believe that our facilities alone should get us 9 wins, especially with our schedule. i am afraid we are starting to seeing a real slide into mediocrity and lowering our standards if we can accept that iowa and minny are just good teams and we can't expect to beat all the 'good' (anyone we lose to) teams on our schedule.

• Fire 1

i am a little late, but this is where we are now? "hey, yeah, we lost four games again, but minny and iowa were better than expected!" maybe they were, but should we still not be better than them? i truly believe that our facilities alone should get us 9 wins, especially with our schedule. i am afraid we are starting to seeing a real slide into mediocrity and lowering our standards if we can accept that iowa and minny are just good teams and we can't expect to beat all the 'good' (anyone we lose to) teams on our schedule.

Pretty much this. Nebraska is getting ready to spend an amount of money that is 70% of Minnesota's budget for its football team for better sound and wifi in Memorial Stadium. But Minnesota is better than awful, so no worries that Nebraska lost to them.