The Lowdown on Taylor Martinez's Foot

Always been a Martinez fan and Taylor defender, but watching that Minnesota sack again it's almost incredible that he didn't see the defender in his field of vision and showed no reaction.

Wasn't the first time, either.

It's possible that Taylor's biggest limitation wasn't his throwing motion or any lingering injury, but poor peripheral vision.

• Fire 1

Always been a Martinez fan and Taylor defender, but watching that Minnesota sack again it's almost incredible that he didn't see the defender in his field of vision and showed no reaction.

It's possible that Taylor's biggest limitation wasn't his throwing motion or any lingering injury, but poor peripheral vision.

(psst Don't criticize Taylor, they will come for you)

• Fire 1

Constructive and reasonable criticism is fine, it's just the idiotic statements that TA was better than TM or that the team would never win anything with him at the helm, all while ignoring the fact that our defense was horrible most of his career and that the coaching has been extremely questionable since Bo has been here. Blaming him for his ball security goes without saying, blaming him because the defense couldnt stop the jet sweep in the CCG was dumb.

• Fire 1

Constructive and reasonable criticism is fine, it's just the idiotic statements that TA was better than TM or that the team would never win anything with him at the helm, all while ignoring the fact that our defense was horrible most of his career and that the coaching has been extremely questionable since Bo has been here. Blaming him for his ball security goes without saying, blaming him because the defense couldnt stop the jet sweep in the CCG was dumb.

Get out of here with your logic, there's no place for that in a witch hunt.
  • Fire 2

For the record I never had a problem with Taylor's throwing motion, thought he was a far better passer than some of you bastards would ever admit, and thought he was still a credible running threat at reduced capacity. He put the whole team on his back and won a couple games on sheer will.

I just think he might have poor peripheral vision.

It would explain a couple things.

For the record I never had a problem with Taylor's throwing motion, thought he was a far better passer than some of you bastards would ever admit, and thought he was still a credible running threat at reduced capacity. He put the whole team on his back and won a couple games on sheer will.

I just think he might have poor peripheral vision.

It would explain a couple things.

Edit. I swore I wouldn't talk Taylor Martinez anymore.

welp.gif

• Fire 4
HAHA he wants to be a QB. Just try to be a WR or S. No NFL team in their right mind will give this guy a shot at QB.

Double D comment....dick and douche.

I am no internet jockey. Seriously. I have said since Day 1 that Taylor would never lead this team anywhere. I am not a fan. For him to think he can play QB....in the NFL....come on man. And thanks for the personal attack.

A couple things: I worded that correctly (and carefully) to refer to your comment and not to you, the poster, personally. Number 2, I really don't care what you've said since day 1 or if you are a fan of his or not. What bothered me about it was the "HAHA he wants to be a QB" part of your post. He has given WAY more to this football program than you or I ever will/have and he is a young man who is deserving of having a dream to play in the NFL. Who are you to sh#t on that? Also, TM happens to hold many school records at the QB position. Many of our best college QB's are not cut out for the same position in the NFL. So, saying he can't play QB is uninformed and bordering on delusional. If your point was that you don't think he'll make it in the NFL at the QB position, then that is what you should've said. Many here, including me, would agree with that assessment, and I wouldn't have made the comment I did. Basically, give the kid a break and the respect he deserves as a Husker.

• Fire 1

Get out of here with your logic, there's no place for that in a witch hunt.

^^^^Like!!!!

A couple things: I worded that correctly (and carefully) to refer to your comment and not to you, the poster, personally. Number 2, I really don't care what you've said since day 1 or if you are a fan of his or not. What bothered me about it was the "HAHA he wants to be a QB" part of your post. He has given WAY more to this football program than you or I ever will/have and he is a young man who is deserving of having a dream to play in the NFL. Who are you to sh#t on that? Also, TM happens to hold many school records at the QB position. Many of our best college QB's are not cut out for the same position in the NFL. So, saying he can't play QB is uninformed and bordering on delusional. If your point was that you don't think he'll make it in the NFL at the QB position, then that is what you should've said. Many here, including me, would agree with that assessment, and I wouldn't have made the comment I did. Basically, give the kid a break and the respect he deserves as a Husker.

^^^^Like!!!!

For clarification can we agree on the following:

We do not know the extent of his injury save it occurred against Wyoming.

Conservative estimates for a grade 1 put it at a 3-4 week recovery.

He played the next 3 games.

People still think he should have played and that it wasn't an issue?

IMO, again, it was a mistake to ever play him AT LEAST until conference play (if Grade 3 at all). The language used to describe the injury as a tear indicates a level 2-3. 3 being a complete tear.

This is where I have a bit of a problem w how Martin-ez handled it: how much did he hide, how much did the coaches know, was it detrimental to the team, etc....

He wasnt 100%? Fine, but don't bring down the team if you're "that hurt"

Regardless, I feel bad for him and us that he couldn't have his stellar senior season.

HAHA he wants to be a QB. Just try to be a WR or S. No NFL team in their right mind will give this guy a shot at QB.

Double D comment....dick and douche.

I am no internet jockey. Seriously. I have said since Day 1 that Taylor would never lead this team anywhere. I am not a fan. For him to think he can play QB....in the NFL....come on man. And thanks for the personal attack.

Oh look. He played the "I told you so" card, as if his stab-in-the-dark hunch was right the whole time.

Ladies ladies, you're all pretty. Settle down. We're talking about someone who, regardless of his leadership ability, throwing ability, running ability or whatever, put his body on the line for us for FOUR YEARS. I was in the Army for 4 years, did 4 deployments (airborne infantry, not some FOBbit) and was less injured than he was, if anyone is looking for some perspective. Dude played hurt and gave it his all, whatever it was, for his team, for his coaches, for us and for himself.

You can disagree on his abilities all you want, but respect the sacrifice and effort he put in FOR A GAME TO ENTERTAIN US. He's not a hero, he's not a champion, but he has balls and he has given us four years of his life and much more than that of his body for us. Was he the best quarterback ever? No. But look at the team and coaching he had around him. Different OC's, lines and offensive gameplanning. For better or for worse, he gave it his all. Let's thank him for what he did for us, wish him the best of luck in the NFL and move on. We're better than this. At least, I hope we are.

• Fire 5

For clarification can we agree on the following:

We do not know the extent of his injury save it occurred against Wyoming.

Conservative estimates for a grade 1 put it at a 3-4 week recovery.

He played the next 3 games.

People still think he should have played and that it wasn't an issue?

IMO, again, it was a mistake to ever play him AT LEAST until conference play (if Grade 3 at all). The language used to describe the injury as a tear indicates a level 2-3. 3 being a complete tear.

This is where I have a bit of a problem w how Martin-ez handled it: how much did he hide, how much did the coaches know, was it detrimental to the team, etc....

He wasnt 100%? Fine, but don't bring down the team if you're "that hurt"

Regardless, I feel bad for him and us that he couldn't have his stellar senior season.

I agree, but if he doesn't try to play, he gets called a wussy, a jake, selfish, not a team guy, etc. Didn't you know, he isn't very articulate in interviews, so he sucks as a QB!

Anyhow, i echo what Kozzman said, except that Taylor gave 5 years for us. Much respect.