Mexico legalizes Vigilantes

So, they really don't need badges then?

Sometimes a comment is so necessary to a thread, so pure and so perfect that you have to forehead slap for not thinking of it yourself. Kudos.

I kept scrolling and waiting, scrolling and waiting, for someone to say it.

So, they really don't need badges then?

Sometimes a comment is so necessary to a thread, so pure and so perfect that you have to forehead slap for not thinking of it yourself. Kudos.

I kept scrolling and waiting, scrolling and waiting, for someone to say it.

I think it's time for more military at the Mexican border if there is going to be a civil war down there.

I have to say I feel for the people in Mexico that aren't involved in the Cartels. That is a mess of a country and it is getting worse and worse.

They only have themselves to blame. They have tolerated corruption down there for decades. And have been downright cowardly dealing with the cartels.

Best-case scenario - the vigilantes help clean up the drug cartels and the country becomes safer.

Worst-case scenario - the vigilantes and drug gangs basically have an ongoing civil war, Bosnia-Herzigovina/Kosovo style

Worst-case scenario 2.0 - the vigilantes eliminate the drug cartels and decide, after that's done, that they don't want to give up their guns or local power and you have a warlord situation like Liberia or Uganda

Worse case scenario 3.0 Drug cartels pay off the vigilantes and use them for defense against other vigilantes and back to square one.

Best case scenario 2.0: The sales of Colt, Remington and Smith & Wesson go through the roof, creating more jobs in 'Murica! :lol:

I think it's time for more military at the Mexican border if there is going to be a civil war down there.

I have to say I feel for the people in Mexico that aren't involved in the Cartels. That is a mess of a country and it is getting worse and worse.

They only have themselves to blame. They have tolerated corruption down there for decades. And have been downright cowardly dealing with the cartels.

For the most part, I agree. Many times, however, there are things that happen in government that the rank and file citizens don't have any control over. Look at our own government that does things that everyone hates but we can't do anything bout it. There are people there who never have supported the corruption and want change but are powerless to do anything about it.

These "vigilantes" are being trained and provided weapons by a rival cartel, not the Mexican government. Local farmers are being extorted by the Cabelleros Templarios Guardia de Michoacan (CTGM) cartel that are legitimately pissed off at them, these "Autodefensa" militias that are popping up appear to be armed and financed by the Nuevo Jalisco Cartel to the north. The Catholic diocese appears to be involved as well (food, shelter etc.). This is from a military site I frequent with very credible sources.